Should women be allowed to serve in the infantry? (3 Viewers)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Exactly - if a woman can make the grade why stop her joining the frontline?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Teamwork teamwork rahrahrah

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Women can work in teams. Even :gasp: teams that have men in them.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Exactly - if a woman can make the grade why stop her joining the frontline?
Yeah, i say let them have a shot at it, just dont expect many to make it. Whilst theres probably... i dont know, a few hundred women in the defence force who would be fit enough for front line duty, theres probably only about a dozen who are mentally strong enough. By all means though, let them test and see if they are up for it, just we are talking about two rare qualities in a woman

those who can emotionally kill and be cold blooded with no problems and handle all the emotional rigours = maybe .0001% of women[ most men cant either, dont feel bad, just that people with some psychopathic traits are rare as it is, and 99% of psychopaths are males]so a hundred or so in Australia compared to about 10 000 males who have just the right amount of cold-blooded killer in them to be effective.
those who are physically fit enough to keep up with the boys on the front = another few hundred, maybe a 1000, compared to a much larger amount of males.

so its looking for a rare quality[ability to kill] in an allready rare sample size[women strong and fit enough to serve on the front lines] that happens to be in a rare population [women who are in the army].

They should be allowed to try though, give them a fair go.

Charizard

HSC
you don't need to be a cold blooded killer to be a front line soldier.

loller

Banned
HSC
N/A
um id say that that would be a pretty big part of the job description..

TeamJ

HSC
All i can say is this:
War and fighting has been a man's job since the beggining of civilisation, why challenge the intergrated culture of humankind by coming up with a question like this...? Just leave it be omg.

It's just like how female hyena's do all the hunting and give birth etc, why? caus they just do.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Fallacious appeal to tradition.

Just because that's how it is or how it has been doesn't mean that's how it should be or how it will be.

Your argument is basically 'don't change the status quo' if we followed that reasoning then society would never progress.... womens right no vote wouldn't have happened... in fact men's right to vote wouldn't have happened... slavery.... illegal homosexuality... central currency.... you name it and it's a result of change. Change which wouldn't have happened if society simply maintained the status quo.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Fallacious appeal to tradition.

Just because that's how it is or how it has been doesn't mean that's how it should be or how it will be.

Your argument is basically 'don't change the status quo' if we followed that reasoning then society would never progress.... womens right no vote wouldn't have happened... in fact men's right to vote wouldn't have happened... slavery.... illegal homosexuality... central currency.... you name it and it's a result of change. Change which wouldn't have happened if society simply maintained the status quo.
I wonder why you think this though?

Why do you find it so gender offensive and oppressive to suggest that war is a mans job? I don't think you can compare the right to vote, the ending of slavery and homosexuality to allowing women to get shot at on the front line.

It really doesn't compare, imo.

TBH, I wouldn't be offended in the least if women are never allowed to fight front line. It's not banning them from the armed forces, it's banning them from the most dangerous and physically demanding position in the armed forces, and I can't see why this is an issue.

Has nothing to do with women's rights imo. Perhaps there really are some jobs that should just stay as 'mens' jobs

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I find it offensive to prevent anyone from doing something which they want to do, which they are capable of doing and does not infringe on the rights of others.

Sure in terms of impact the effect of abolishing slavery or decriminalising homosexuality was bigger but the fundamental issue is the same - discrimination.

You may have no interest in fighting on the frontline (and I can't really blame you for that) but why prevent others who may want to? We're not saying that you have to, unless you get conscripted but that's another debate, the point is that women should be free to do it or not do it as they see fit. Why impose your personal aversion to it on other women?

HSC
As far as the wars are fought by infantry on foot and on the ground, using hand-held rifles and machine guns with wild recoil and weight, 270 + rounds plus mags, 15kg body armor (no room for breast), with 40+kg of backpack etc etc etc etc...(leaving out tons of other factors)

No, females should not be allowed to serve in the infantry.

Females passing physical tests is nothing. Those tests are for ENTRANCE of GENERAL SERVICE, not the entrance into combat unit.

In infantry mental equality of female compared to male means shit. Physical condition in the infantry always has priority over mental status. The command chains wish the lowest regular infantry to be as simple they can get.

In all other areas of military females are perfectly capable and even superior.

loller

Banned
HSC
N/A
As far as the wars are fought by infantry on foot and on the ground, using hand-held rifles and machine guns with wild recoil and weight, 270 + rounds plus mags, 15kg body armor (no room for breast), with 40+kg of backpack etc etc etc etc...(leaving out tons of other factors)

No, females should not be allowed to serve in the infantry.

Females passing physical tests is nothing. Those tests are for ENTRANCE of GENERAL SERVICE, not the entrance into combat unit.

In infantry mental equality of female compared to male means shit. Physical condition in the infantry always has priority over mental status. The command chains wish the lowest regular infantry to be as simple they can get.

In all other areas of military females are perfectly capable and even superior.

Ok so you obviously didnt read the thread.

What if there was a woman who COULD pass all the physical tests to gain entry into 'combat units' and she could carry all her gear/ammo/40kg packs, plus was adept at firing her rifle (Fun fact, the average military rifle, chambered in 5.56x45mm has fuck all recoil) and was as mentally strong as the males?

Why shouldnt she be allowed in you dumb cunt

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC

What if there was a woman who COULD pass all the physical tests to gain entry into 'combat units' and she could carry all her gear/ammo/40kg packs, plus was adept at firing her rifle (Fun fact, the average military rifle, chambered in 5.56x45mm has fuck all recoil) and was as mentally strong as the males?

Well my position is pretty clear on this, because shes not a psychopath. She might be mentally strong, be a cold hearted, mentally calculating bitch, but she probably still doesnt have that right degree of fucked upness and disregard for her own safety that is 1000x more common in men and make men more efficient, capable killers. Its simple numbers, men are born to kill, theres a reason why 99% of psychopaths are male, and 99.99% of serial killers are male.

I am not saying like dcb4usmcfr says that they just plain shoudnt be allowed to even try. Give them a shot, any of them that thinks they can make it have a crack at it, i just wouldnt expect many to pass the physical stuff alone, and there would only be a few hundred women in australia who can pass the mental stuff and the woman who can pass both is a rare breed indeed.

loller

Banned
HSC
N/A
Well my position is pretty clear on this, because shes not a psychopath. She might be mentally strong, be a cold hearted, mentally calculating bitch, but she probably still doesnt have that right degree of fucked upness and disregard for her own safety that is 1000x more common in men and make men more efficient, capable killers. Its simple numbers, men are born to kill, theres a reason why 99% of psychopaths are male, and 99.99% of serial killers are male.

I am not saying like dcb4usmcfr says that they just plain shoudnt be allowed to even try. Give them a shot, any of them that thinks they can make it have a crack at it, i just wouldnt expect many to pass the physical stuff alone, and there would only be a few hundred women in australia who can pass the mental stuff and the woman who can pass both is a rare breed indeed.
Ok.

What if a woman met all the requirements of my previous post

and was one of the very very few women who have psychopathic tendencies

then should she be allowed in or not?

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC

Only reason I can think of women not being allowed to serve in the front line is if;

a) their presence caused a 'distraction' to what would probably still be a largely male dominated army.

b) it caused tensions amongst the soldiers were a relationship to occur.

if there's an only female part of the army that served in the frontline then it would work though. Maybe like the Chinese Women's Army Corps?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Only reason I can think of women not being allowed to serve in the front line is if;

a) their presence caused a 'distraction' to what would probably still be a largely male dominated army.

b) it caused tensions amongst the soldiers were a relationship to occur.

if there's an only female part of the army that served in the frontline then it would work though. Maybe like the Chinese Women's Army Corps?
Women already serve in non-combat army units and on ships in the navy - both of which can and do come under direct attack. How are women any more distracting or tension causing when serving in a different unit?

What truly is the difference between men and women serving alongside each other on a ship or in logistics and then serving alongside each other in the infantry?

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Ok.

What if a woman met all the requirements of my previous post

and was one of the very very few women who have psychopathic tendencies

then should she be allowed in or not?
I am sure the army would have other reasons why they shouldnt, but i would be all for a trial to see if it works out. If they pass all tests and have the right mindset theres no reason why they couldnt atleast try it out to see if it worked ok.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)