Shtting myself for economics!! (1 Viewer)

lpower3

HSC
Anyone else really nervous for this exam?

It seems no matter how many hours i put into study, i still feel under-prepared :/

Gahhhhh

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
I reckon multi + short answers will be really straightforward.

Mainly just scared they'll ask an obscure topic for the extended :/

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
I reckon multi + short answers will be really straightforward.

Mainly just scared they'll ask an obscure topic for the extended :/
Pretty much it, except multiple choice might have one tricky question but regardless the extended response might be a bit of a problem.

MasonT

HSC
Believe it or not ... I'm actually looking forward to the exam :L

crazy_paki123

HSC
MC and short answers are pretty easy, its just the stats and detail you have to write about in the essays to get 17+ that concerns me. Business is more stressful for me at the moment due to a new syllabus

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
I'll crack the shits if there is an essay choice between the environment and labour market policies.

choiyokbao

HSC
MC and Short response should be fine, essays however... they're just gay lol

RishBonjour

HSC
+ a billion.

Also, globalisation case study. I can't be fucked doing that.
not going to bother.
Tbh, I feel more nervous about short answers for some reason than essays. Sucks to lose 1 mark here and there and piles up to be 5 marks lost overall.
Essay, if its REALLY fudged. I might aswell spend 10 mins planning and write for 50 mins. But if its straight forward ill just start. (everything has to be from the syllabus anyway)

Just going to make sure I remain calm or ill read the question wrong in MC and lose a mark.

crazy_paki123

HSC
what if the two choices are CAD/external stability and global case study D: Thatd be nasty

Rawf

HSC
I can't remember my definitions word for word :(
MC is pretty easy, I've been trying to improve my speeds though.. I've averaged 17mins on it and getting 18/20. I got it done in 12 mins once... but then i got 17/20
Last years hsc paper seemed pretty easy and fair. wonder what they'll throw at us this year.

deswa1

HSC
what if the two choices are CAD/external stability and global case study D: Thatd be nasty
I'd do case study but CAD isn't that hard either imo.

I'd hate a labour/environment split (though I'd choose labour).

All up- I think the test should be fine but who knows lol- we'll soon see. I still need to go over stats and stuff and get labour markets under control haha (HATE that so much) -> and my micro isn't top notch either

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I can't remember my definitions word for word :(
MC is pretty easy, I've been trying to improve my speeds though.. I've averaged 17mins on it and getting 18/20. I got it done in 12 mins once... but then i got 17/20
Last years hsc paper seemed pretty easy and fair. wonder what they'll throw at us this year.
Is there a particular stream of questions you tend to get wrong in MC using the exam time constraint?

Rawf

HSC
Is there a particular stream of questions you tend to get wrong in MC using the exam time constraint?
Usually ill get one wrong cause I really have no clue what the question means.
The second one.. is usually the 3 components the HDI measures, all the options are so similar. Or when they list a bunch of organisations I haven't heard of and they ask you which of them do a particular role.

MasonT

HSC
Usually ill get one wrong cause I really have no clue what the question means.
The second one.. is usually the 3 components the HDI measures, all the options are so similar. Or when they list a bunch of organisations I haven't heard of and they ask you which of them do a particular role.
just remember health, education and GDP/GNI for HDI

darkdog307

HSC
I think CAD, Enviornment and Globalisation will come up.

What's a typical CAD/external stability quesiton though?
causes and consequences of CAD is easy

ashomem

HSC
i reckon little likelihood of topic four questions dominating the extended response questions as last year 3/4 questions were topic 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)