Sick a week before HSC ! (1 Viewer)

kaur154

HSC
Any quick remedies for a common cold to help me get rid of it for exams? I feel awful and don't have time to go to the doctors..

Also any suggestions for effective study methods a week before HSC starts?

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Any quick remedies for a common cold to help me get rid of it for exams? I feel awful and don't have time to go to the doctors..

Exam thoughts?

Drink lots of water, that is how i get rid of colds

lukasheights

HSC

If you are sick by this weekend, get Misadventure forms from your school. Usually, that requires going to the doctor and he or she verifying how sick you really are. If you're too sick to give the HSC your best shot, a Misadventure form should assure you your internal assessment mark, should it be higher than your external, based on school performance and your rank for the year.

As for study? You really have to push through it, but don't exhaust yourself too much. This last week should really be re-reading notes and practicing over some former HSC examination questions. But if you're too sick, it may have to be one or the other, or less intense, more casual study, with added sleep and/or rest breaks.

Anyway, the bottom line is to get a Misadventure form filled out.
That'll give you the added security if you can't get past this week, reaching your last minute study goals. I do hope you feel better soon.

interesting

HSC
N/A
If you are sick by this weekend, get Misadventure forms from your school. Usually, that requires going to the doctor and he or she verifying how sick you really are. If you're too sick to give the HSC your best shot, a Misadventure form should assure you your internal assessment mark, should it be higher than your external, based on school performance and your rank for the year.

As for study? You really have to push through it, but don't exhaust yourself too much. This last week should really be re-reading notes and practicing over some former HSC examination questions. But if you're too sick, it may have to be one or the other, or less intense, more casual study, with added sleep and/or rest breaks.

Anyway, the bottom line is to get a Misadventure form filled out.
That'll give you the added security if you can't get past this week, reaching your last minute study goals. I do hope you feel better soon.
what so your given extra marks if your sick? doesn't it just get delayed?
just take medicine for now and get some rest. get well soon!
i always get sick when exams come and its a pain in the ass when i have to keep sniffing

yours

HSC
just take medicine for now and get some rest. get well soon!
i always get sick when exams come and its a pain in the ass when i have to keep sniffing
UGH I hate this! In our exams there is always SOMEONE who won't shutup the whole time because they're sucking up the mucus in their throat and it's disgusting and noisy!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
UGH I hate this! In our exams there is always SOMEONE who won't shutup the whole time because they're sucking up the mucus in their throat and it's disgusting and noisy!
LOL, you ain't seen nothing yet.

During our Trials, swine flu went through our school (at one stage, there were 600/1200 kids sick and away from school), but it happened during our Trials, so life went on as normal for us (well...as much as normal). During our English Trial, I'd estimate that about 100/120 kids were some form of sick. There were people sniffling, and others were hacking away (one particular person was coughing like they were machine gunning penguins). Imagine someone coughing every 3-4 seconds for an entire exam.

Some students brought face masks, some were handed out.

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
Proven illness doesn't get you "extra marks", you just get your own assessment mark if it's higher than your own exam mark. And no, there are no deferred HSC exams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)