Site Update (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi all,

This is an update on the status of the site. I'm pleased to report that the site will be relaunched in full early in the new year.

The team have been working extremely hard behind the scenes to restore the site. Unfortunately a series of serious complications slowed progress on that front. These issues are now close to being resolved.

We request a bit of patience and understanding until then. We are working hard to restore the site and to enhance its usefulness to you our members. Bored of Studies will be back bigger and better than before in 2011. Importantly, our unrivaled resources database and comprehensive student community will be back at your disposal.

Hoping you all have a enjoyable holiday period,

The Bored of Studies Team

Last edited:

jyu

HSC
can wait to see the site in full operation. congrats

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
Yo mounty can you fix this skin it is aids

love Nolan

ultraman8

Banned
HSC
N/A
About time but is it like November where they said they'll relaunch in 30 days or something and never launched.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
About time but is it like November where they said they'll relaunch in 30 days or something and never launched.
Um, this is really awkward, but if they didn't relaunch then how did you just post that?

ultraman8

Banned
HSC
N/A
Um, this is really awkward, but if they didn't relaunch then how did you just post that?
Never launched main website I meant and also forum came up much later after their supposed deadline. I really want to give them the benefit of the doubt this time.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
What main website? Isn't BoS just a forum?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
What main website? Isn't BoS just a forum?
Lol, well most people use the forums, but there used to be a resources section and SAM calculator in the old BoS. I'm sure you could recollect that.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Lol, well most people use the forums, but there used to be a resources section and SAM calculator in the old BoS. I'm sure you could recollect that.
I never used BoS for HSC. I just got bored studying and came on here to troll.

HSC
Uni Grad
Never launched main website I meant and also forum came up much later after their supposed deadline. I really want to give them the benefit of the doubt this time.
Actually, the forum came back like 15 days before the deadline. It lasted for a week.

S4Saustralia

HSC
The site's pretty painful to browse due to all of the dead threads.

Is it possible to prune out all threads created before the site was taken down and just start again?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
The site's pretty painful to browse due to all of the dead threads.

Is it possible to prune out all threads created before the site was taken down and just start again?
It creates undue hassle once the site is restored, and the posts are returned. For the time being, just use threads that have a date in December 2010 (and soon January 2011). They all work.

tjhunt11

HSC
Hopefully when the site is restored. there will be no more complainers :)

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Hopefully when the site is restored. there will be no more complainers :)
Or perhaps, after the Restoration, the Complainers shall multiply like a plague, drawn forth from the darkest depths of the interwebs by the lonely bellow of the Complainer scouts, that curious and remarkable breed of Complainer who spend their lives searching the unkown corners of cyberspace for a suitable roost upon which the rest of their family can propagate and engorge themselves.

tjhunt11

HSC
or perhaps, after the restoration, the complainers shall multiply like a plague, drawn forth from the darkest depths of the interwebs by the lonely bellow of the complainer scouts, that curious and remarkable breed of complainer who spend their lives searching the unkown corners of cyberspace for a suitable roost upon which the rest of their family can propagate and engorge themselves.
....+1

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Or perhaps, after the Restoration, the Complainers shall multiply like a plague, drawn forth from the darkest depths of the interwebs by the lonely bellow of the Complainer scouts, that curious and remarkable breed of Complainer who spend their lives searching the unkown corners of cyberspace for a suitable roost upon which the rest of their family can propagate and engorge themselves.
This is what usually happens; hopefully the well-behaved members can help hold them off.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Or we release the trolls into the dungeon, such that the engorgers becomed the engorgees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)