sleep deprivation for HSC students (1 Viewer)

how many hours of sleep do you get per day on average, 08'ers?

• > 12

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • 10 - 12

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • 8 - 10

Votes: 91 19.7%
  • 6 - 8

Votes: 260 56.3%
  • < 6

Votes: 96 20.8%

• Total voters

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Butters! said:
It's like that for me. I have to wake up at 6.30 every friken morning excpet when i have a free first period. I get about 7-8 hours. Try to go to bed at 9.30 but usually don't sleep till 10-10.30.

Does anyone else who wakes up early feel more tired when you get over 8 hours sleep than when you don't? Maybe after 8 hours you go into a deep sleep and find it harder to wake up? I think teenagers are meant to get 9-10 hours a night.

My school starts at 8 30.

the other day i woke at 8 12, and still made it on time.

normally i wake at 7 50.

Captain Moist

HSC
Yes! I'm with the majority.

Admittedly, I'm not up studying - usually watching scrubs or just generally cooking something to relieve my inane cravings of the night.

I'll start study soon, honest.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
lol i feel sorry for you guys who've got offline , and have to travel far as well. i remember how tiring that was :rolleyes:

h&m

HSC
Usually a solid 6 hours. I have now reached a permament state of lack of sleep.
It's fun.
And morning classes don't really help!

dzth

HSC
people in asian countries study 5 a.m - 11 p.m and that's just normal studying for them.

ZJ NingNing

HSC
lol, I actually went to sleep pretty early yesterday, but I couldnt sleep cos I was really excited about my first job, which is tutoring my classmate. Its kinda stupid to have a job in year 12, I know, but I really like the feeling of having a job and working for myself.

So I was asleep for like, 5 hours last night.

HSC
I try and go to bed by 10:30pm so I can get 8 hours sleep as I get up at 6:30am, but that doesn't really happen much...
Even if I do manage to go to bed by 10:30pm, 8 hours isn't enough for me. I wake up and stand in the shower with my eyes closed.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
ZJ NingNing said:
lol, I actually went to sleep pretty early yesterday, but I couldnt sleep cos I was really excited about my first job, which is tutoring my classmate. Its kinda stupid to have a job in year 12, I know, but I really like the feeling of having a job and working for myself.

So I was asleep for like, 5 hours last night.
You know, tutoring other people is a great way to reinforce the material into your own head.

~aussiegirl!~

08 sac baby!
HSC
i usually go to sleep by 9:30 that was before when school first went back now it's becoming 10:30pm and not falling asleep till about 12 and its driving me insane cause im tired and stressed out

cal-

Banned
HSC
Why are you going to bed so early? Try going at like 11 and you should fall right asleep, just bludge on MSN until then or something if you're that tired... better than lying there staring at the ceiling.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Chibios said:
6 hours. 12am-6am.

Even less when it comes to real exam time.
Bad idea to walk into an exam room with lack of sleep.

bassistx

HSC
I have chronic insomnia.
There's no such thing as not enough sleep for me. I just sleep in and go to school late. If I don't sleep, I can't concentrate. Take an hour or two off school, sleep, and I'll actually be able to understand whatever's left of school. Better than no learning anything all day.

EDIT: I've fallen asleep in the shower. It's very possible. If you're tired, you can fall asleep anywhere.

carrots please!

not a malcontent
HSC
sleepplease said:
i usually get around 4 hours - from 1-5, but sometime 3, or 5 depending.
the name says it all. lol

my mum's always telling me my eyeballs are out on stalks.

its true, lack of sleeping affects your mood, but you learn to adapt. though i tend to think its pretty dangerous to go under 5.5 hours.
ive had some rough 2-3hour nighters. and then worked the next day after school. i know now that it is entirely possible to fall asleep standing up.

carrots please!

not a malcontent
HSC
bassistx said:
I have chronic insomnia.
There's no such thing as not enough sleep for me. I just sleep in and go to school late. If I don't sleep, I can't concentrate. Take an hour or two off school, sleep, and I'll actually be able to understand whatever's left of school. Better than no learning anything all day.

EDIT: I've fallen asleep in the shower. It's very possible. If you're tired, you can fall asleep anywhere.
done that too

then woke up washing my face with shampoo..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)