Smallville? (1 Viewer)

persephone

HSC
The ads for SV? Yeah, they're just crap. The one for 'Run' was advertised as being about a code. And it wasn't really, it was about the Flash. It was like that one for 'Gone', advertised as Clark vs. the Terminator. That was just so awful.

persephone

HSC
They moved Smallville to Saturday 6:30 this week. *grumble grumble* Saturday night is not a good timeslot. Maybe it's just for this week. I don't know. Well, this week's ep is not a favourite of mine. I have never seen it.

Checked another website. Apparently they changed it back to Thursday. *eh*

Last edited:

persephone

HSC
Encore presentation of Smallville tonight, episode 4.07 JINX. Last Thursday's ep got 850 000 in the ratings. Next week's ep is 4.08 SPELL. Like Charmed, kinda, but in SV. And you learn more about Lana's tattoo ... kinda.

And Erica Durance, in Sun-Herald tv guide.

Job with a super future

It's always tough for an actor to play a well-known person, real or otherwise. Get one trademark element of the character askew or a tell-tale nuance out of step and every expert in the world willt ake great pleasure going in for the kill.

With that in mind, now imagine Erica Durance's position.

Not only is she playing one of the world's best-loved fictional characters, but one who has a legion of fans with a reputation for being more rabid in their nit-picking than almost anyone else - comic book readers.

"Yeah, it was scary," said Durance of taking on the role of Lois Lane, girlfriend to one of the comic kingdom's gods, Superman.

From this season, she has arrived in Smallville (the town and the series of the same name) as a serious rival for the affections of the teenage Clark Kent.

So far, Lois has floated in and out of the action as more a happily normal teen than the dirt-digging journalist the world knows she will become, but just carrying the name is still weighing heavily on Durance's shoulders.

"I spent a lot of time just trying to ignore [the fact] it was Lois Lane, but I had my moments. Like the first day when I was doing OK, but right when we were about to start they put the slate in front of me and it says 'Smallville - Lois Lane' and I thought 'Who is Lois Lane? That's not me. Somebody come in here and do it'."

But while it may be daunting to play a legend, the upside for Durance is that unlike most other actors taking on a new role, she has the ultimate "through-line", a term actors use to describe the future of their character.

The cast of Lost, for example, work from script to script not knowing if they will discover they are in fact a murderer or were once married to their worst enemy.

Durance has only to rent a couple of DVDs or drop in to a comic shop to see where Lois ends up when she leaves her teen years behind.

"That can be kind of a blessing and a curse because you knowing that everybody else knows too," she said.

"But what's great about [Smallville] is that there's been a lot of turns and curves that Lois can make before she becomes that.

"So I kind of meander around and have my little adventures and end up was a journalist and getting Superman."

What it does affect is the way Durance interacts with series star Tom Welling, who plays the teenage Clark Kent.

At this stage in the story, the pair aren't exactly falling in love, but in the midst of every fight, the actors know that somewhere down the track their characters will be happily married.

"They kind of irritate each other and I really enjoy the banter that they have," Durance said.

"I think that's a little bit more realistic. People don't always jump into a romance that's going to last forever, they're going to try to be like 'I don't like you very much, go in the other room and we'll make up later' kind of thing.

"But there is that kind of groundedness that you know at some point he's going to be mine."

And that, said Durance, is not such a bad thing.

She's already been quoted as saying Tom Welling wasn't cast as a super man for nothing and admits that as a young girl, she read the comics and thought the man of steel would be quite a catch.

"Every little girl loved him," she said.

"He was fast, he was flying and he was super strong and yet he was kind of shy ... what girl doesn't like that?"

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
I didn't like the encore. I haven't watched it for a couple of months (since the summer hols) and its changed so much .. why are they so heavily *seemingly* promoting chloe and clark

i <3 lana :eek:

persephone

HSC
Season 4 does feel like a different show compared to past seasons. And as for Chloe/Clark ... no way in hell ... you'll get your Lana ...

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
:)

no lana's a tard on the show. its just kristin kreuk haha

i know
chloe later leaves though so yeah ... haha wait a sec plot summaries of season 5 reveal she's still around wtf? i remember someone telling me she's gone soon ...

i hate season 5's ending

Last edited:

persephone

HSC
Last Thusrday's ep was 4.09 SPELL. Lana got possessed by her witch ancestor Countess Isobel Thoreaux. That was the tomb she was looking at in France. Then possessed Lana gets Lois and Chloe possessed by her friend wtiches. They crash Chloe's surprise 18th birthday party in black, revealing outfits. They bewitch the party. Clark is vulnerable to magic and his powers are stripped from him. Isobel wants the stones. Tom Welling was shirtless for a lot of this ep. Lana found out it was Lex who got Jason fired not Clark. Lana reveals the tattoo to Clark hoping that he could help her. The same symbol is found on the cave walls. Not the most plot heavy episode.

Next episode is BOUND. Lex accused of murder and him being a bit of a man-whore.

If you remember the teleporting blonde girl who was obssessed with Clark she makes a reappearance in the 2 episodes (UNSAFE and PARIAH) after BOUND.

Ratings for SPELL: 910 000

Recap of ratings for season four so far:

May 25 (4.07 JINX): 850 000
May 18 (4.06 TRANSFERENCE): 920 000
May 11 (4.05 RUN): 946 000
May 4 (4.04 DEVOTED): 980 000
April 20 (4.03 FACADE): 1 003 000
April 13 (4.02 GONE): 849 000
April 6 (4.01 CRUSADE): 940 000

Last edited:
HSC
Oh God, "Unsafe", what a nauseating episode. I watched that once for half-naked Tom Welling and that is it. I think this episode was the one that began the official degradation of Lana Lang.

And yeah, "Spell" was kick-ass. One of the better eps in S4 IMO. It was hilarious, not to mention damn sexy ;)

persephone

HSC
Season 5 DVDS will be released in the US September 12, will Lex and Clark on the cover. You can always get them to download through Torrents or you can go to the Download Thread at DTS forum where they eps for download through rapidshare, YSI, megaupload etc.

I have never seen the whole of UNSAFE because I really don't like it. I've seen most of it but I kinda tune in and out. The only reason I would watch it is Clark on Red-K and Tom Wellng shirtless. That's about it.

Tonight's episode is BOUND. Have not seen this ep at all and I have the DVDs.

persephone

HSC
Next week's ep is SCARE not UNSAFE. I didn't watch eps 9 - 12 ... they're just ... meh. And I've never seen Scare so I forgot about it.

SCARE - has great Lex scenes.

HSC
I like scare for the hot clana loft scene in the beginning
short, but hot.

I thought it was a decent episode. It was pretty interesting actually, discovering each character's greatest fear. Some parts scared the sh*t out of me the first time I watched it though haha.

persephone

HSC
Someone pointed out that the events that happen in SCARE are prophetic. Like they all kinda come to pass. Or was that for SPLINTER. Me forget.

HSC
persephone said:
Someone pointed out that the events that happen in SCARE are prophetic. Like they all kinda come to pass. Or was that for SPLINTER. Me forget.
Umm no. This show knows not continuity. There's probably fragments from S1 still lying around they just forgot about.

I won't spoil what happened in Scare, but the only thing that REMOTELY (and I'm talking very far-reaching here) happened in reality, was sorta Chloe's fear, and sorta Jason's fear. Actually, Jason's fear seems to have materialised, but not literally. I can't explain it.

As for Splinter....... I'm not even going to comment. I was way too annoyed with how they took the direction of show, considering what a certain someone said about another certain someone near the end of that episode -_-

persephone

HSC
Well I haven't seen SCARE. Ever. And I don't plan to. I think the only good part would be Lex's thing.

Ratings for BOUND 870 000

HSC
I got most of S4/S5 on divx if anyone wants them posted. Lana looked hot posessed :(

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
SCARE was idiotic cause kristin had an extremely shoddy script and role to play.

that is all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)