Snoop Dog, Ice Cube and Bone Thugz (1 Viewer)

McLovin

HSC
housah0lic said:
mclovin fuck off and let it go

can't believe this shit is still going

it's music cos i say it is and i'm god so just go fuck yourself you're extremely annoying

why don't you go rag on the people who sit there and discuss dance and nrg and shit

you're not wanted here
Funny thing is, if I did not post in this thread this thread would of died easily.
I am not saying rap isn't music, I am just saying it is music that lacks talent and passion and creativity/dynamics.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
hahaha. my point is that as much as you think you actually know something about music the way you talk about musical terms and have tried to argue with chris and miserably failed shows that your knowledge of music is so strictly limited to a HSC student mindset. Hence my comment about the syllabus. Pretty much every single thing you have said so far comes straight from the HSC music course. Forget the 10years of drumming, the self-teaching keyboardist and the bass player who played the seven nation army riff from my music class could recite eaxctly what you've said about rap so far.

Gosh. I can't believe I just had to spell that out for you.

McLovin

HSC
Born Dancer said:
hahaha. my point is that as much as you think you actually know something about music the way you talk about musical terms and have tried to argue with chris and miserably failed shows that your knowledge of music is so strictly limited to a HSC student mindset. Hence my comment about the syllabus. Pretty much every single thing you have said so far comes straight from the HSC music course. Forget the 10years of drumming, the self-teaching keyboardist and the bass player who played the seven nation army riff from my music class could recite eaxctly what you've said about rap so far.

Gosh. I can't believe I just had to spell that out for you.
So having HSC knowledge gives me less credit? This arguement with chris did not fail at all, he knows nothing of technical music and argues against things I don't even say. Perhaps understanding language would improve the arguement for you guys. Never once did I say 'rap is not music' or 'rap is not art'. Also, apparently im ignorant when you guys call me 'wittle kid' and claim that HSC knowledge somehow gives you a less informed understanding of music. Quite ironic on a 'bored of studies' website :confused:

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
oh.my.goodness. you have a LIMITED understanding of music. LIM IT ED.

why are you talking to me about understanding language? I did the HSC course 3 years ago and have 12 years of classical piano training under my belt. i quite know what you are talking about and i am pointing out how shallow it is to come across as all mighty and knowing about music when the first thing you spout is what anyone can learn in the space of less than a year without having any prior music knowledge whatsoever.

i am not explaining this further.

McLovin

HSC
Born Dancer said:
oh.my.goodness. you have a LIMITED understanding of music. LIM IT ED.

why are you talking to me about understanding language? I did the HSC course 3 years ago and have 12 years of classical piano training under my belt. i quite know what you are talking about and i am pointing out how shallow it is to come across as all mighty and knowing about music when the first thing you spout is what anyone can learn in the space of less than a year without having any prior music knowledge whatsoever.

i am not explaining this further.
Duh it is limited understanding.. find me a person on this planet with unlimited understanding of any subject?
How do I come across as all mighty? I spouted out the HSC aspect of music because it was relevant to the subject of creating interest in a song. I talked about understanding language in terms of chris and the other guys not directly to you!

I still don't see any of your points in 'supporting' the idea that rap music uses less talent, passion and dynamic changes than any other genre.
Notice I only used one HSC music concept there? :lol:

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
McLovin said:
Duh it is limited understanding..
Yes, your understanding is limited. To that of an average HSC music student.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
McLovin said:
Perhaps not, but being part of a band and getting knowledge of recording and song writing it gives me a different perspective over each genre.

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahah

hahahahaha
hahahahahaha
hahahahahahaha
hahahahahhahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

my friends part of a band too, he likes britney spears and doesn't know who ac/dc are.

OMG HE MUST KNOW ALOT!!!

Last edited:

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
McLovin said:
Duh it is limited understanding.. find me a person on this planet with unlimited understanding of any subject?
How do I come across as all mighty? I spouted out the HSC aspect of music because it was relevant to the subject of creating interest in a song. I talked about understanding language in terms of chris and the other guys not directly to you!

I still don't see any of your points in 'supporting' the idea that rap music uses less talent, passion and dynamic changes than any other genre.
Notice I only used one HSC music concept there? :lol:
OH LOAL NICE WUN. I mean exactly what Sam said. You know as much as ANY OTHER HSC STUDENT which really equates to nothing extraordinary.

McLovin

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahah

hahahahaha
hahahahahaha
hahahahahahaha
hahahahahhahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

my friends part of a band too, he likes britney spears and doesn't know who ac/dc are.

OMG HE MUST KNOW ALOT!!!
Well that band obviously had no serious intentions then. Being part of a band doesn't exactly improve your knowledge of famous bands as it shouldn't it improves communication within a band, a sense of song structure, performance technique, ways to CREATE INTEREST in songs and recording.
All of which has nothing to do with the HSC syllabus by the way.:rofl:

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
nope, the band has very serious intentions and the drummer has 10 years of drumming experience under his built. Very good band, they sound like the arcade fire.

imo they would make awesome music critics because lyke they are PART OF A BAND OMG that means what they say is good music must be good music!1

McLovin

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
nope, the band has very serious intentions and the drummer has 10 years of drumming experience under his built. Very good band, they sound like the arcade fire.

imo they would make awesome music critics because lyke they are PART OF A BAND OMG that means what they say is good music must be good music!1
No it doesn't you are missing the point once again. Having the experience of being in a band gives you another layer of perspective of music an 'inside' look if you will. Which means you can see how the product is made, doesn't mean what you think is good music must be good. I believe in your opinion also, there is no greater music critic than a musician. By the way I knew you were sarcastic.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
McLovin said:
Good to know you show a picture of a rap artist holding a guitar... however I would be intrigued to know the skill level of the guitar playing which is my fundamental arguement on rap. .

hiphophooray123 said:
he's so ignorant i just can't resist :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVfD7uRwXHE

hendrix mixed with bob dylan on the guitar - solo by lead guitarist of the roots - A RAP BAND.

i've seen them live 3 times, best guitar solo i have seen live - and i have seen smashing pumpkins, RATM and a whole lot of other rock acts.

also, i wasn't comparing muse to rap artists, but i was just showing that other fool how other music uses alot of synth as well, i love muse, they are amazing, but they use just as much synth as alot of rappers use.

sup mr avoidant wanker.

doesn't your youtube work or something?

so your fundamental argument has been refuted. you have no legs to stand on.

See I thought maybe this argument would be doing you a favor and leading you to expand your mind and delve into different genres and discover that there is great music to be found in every genre.

but, you are just too fucking stubborn and thick-headed. It's not going to work.

and no, the love of music makes you a good critic, not being a musician.

another one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyJ8RpJoHmc&feature=related

the people who organise events such as lollapalooza and glastonbury should just give their jobs to hsc music students :rolleyes:

Last edited:

McLovin

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
sup mr avoidant wanker.

doesn't your youtube work or something?

so your fundamental argument has been refuted. you have no legs to stand on.

See I thought maybe this argument would be doing you a favor and leading you to expand your mind and delve into different genres and discover that there is great music to be found in every genre.

but, you are just too fucking stubborn and thick-headed. It's not going to work.

and no, the love of music makes you a good critic, not being a musician.

another one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyJ8RpJoHmc&feature=related

the people who organise events such as lollapalooza and glastonbury should just give their jobs to hsc music students :rolleyes:
I admit that guitar solo was pretty good, but a question, is that integrated into the song or was it just for live performance?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITIfITKGhVw
Check out that video and you will see how a band integrate these solos into a song of their own.

McLovin

HSC
"and no, the love of music makes you a good critic, not being a musician."

Okay, so with your logic if I love rocket science but am not a scientist, I will have a greater depth of understanding and ability to be a critic than a rocket scientist? See, it is flawed logic.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
McLovin said:
"and no, the love of music makes you a good critic, not being a musician."

Okay, so with your logic if I love rocket science but am not a scientist, I will have a greater depth of understanding and ability to be a critic than a rocket scientist? See, it is flawed logic.

you are comparing music to science?

now you are just getting fucking ridiculous.

McLovin

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
you are comparing music to science?

now you are just getting fucking ridiculous.
Compare it to anything. You get the same result. Someone who loves law is not a more qualified critic than a lawyer. It is you who is getting fucking ridiculous. You have still yet to rebuttle against my arguement that rap music is the weak genre in terms of skill level and creating interest using dynamics etc. Untill then, keep raging on lol.:burn:

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
you can only compare things with similar properties you fucking idiot. comparing an art to an exact science is mind-blowingly stupid.

rebuttal* since you like spelling-related digs :) (and 'argument' has no e ;))

I don't agree that rap 'is the weak genre in terms of skill level' and assuming it was (for your sake) why would that make it bad music?

and im pretty fucking sure variety in note volume can be found across all types of music.

The standards for which you are holding music up to are so, so, SO retarded.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)