Snoop Dog, Ice Cube and Bone Thugz (1 Viewer)

McLovin

HSC
"Listen beyond the crunching guitars and harsh singing. Although the rough guitar sound and grating vocals that permeate all of death metal can take a little getting used to (especially if your ears are accustomed to softer sounds), it's more than just noise. There are melodies, patterns, and complexities to be appreciated if you listen attentively enough."

I agree with that when it is related to death metal. But explain to me how the fuck that is related to rap music at all!?

I would love to hear this 'rough guitar' work in any rap song or even better 'complexities' in rap music. There is no double standard at all, rap and death metal are COMPLETELY different and is an absurd comparison.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Listen beyond the constructed beats and 'jibberish'. Although the beats that permeate all of rap can take a little getting used to (especially if your mind is narrow as fuck), it's more than just noise. There are melodies, patterns and complexities to be appreciated if you listen attentively enough.

and even if you don't see that, then SURELY you can see the hypocrisy in relation to the first point.

I'm not making an unreasonable comparison at all, i am substituting because both are music, seriously dude, you are so damn stupid it is an insult to society that people like you exist.

Last edited:

McLovin

HSC
First of all you did not show me how rap music contains any complexities at all!

"I'm not making an unreasonable comparison at all, i am substituting because both are music, seriously dude, you are so damn stupid it is an insult to society that people like you exist."

Both are music so you compare them?
That is like comparing The Simpsons with Prison Break... like comparing SAW with Dodgeball.

Completely on the opposite scale of genre, in fact the only thing similar between rap and death metal would be that they play the unlimited spectrum of music.. that is it!

It is actually an insult to society that rap music exists and worthless morons like you defend it with no evidence at all to prove that rap music contains no dynamic changes. Which was the base of my argument that you have yet to have any comeback for. :rolleyes:

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
wow dude. you must be so used to thinking in terms of genre, really man, learn to be less superficial otherwise you will wither out and die, which is a good thing, people like you should be eliminated from the gene pool.

simpsons and prison break...and saw and dodgeball are the same essentially think about it. both are movies, with scripts, and backgrounds, and they are layered and have the purpose of conveying messages and entertaining. They are MOVIES

so yes, they are both music so i CAN compare them you absolute idiot.

mclovin said:
no evidence at all to prove that rap music contains no dynamic changes. Which was the base of my argument that you have yet to have any comeback for.
how many times do i have to tell you, that is YOUR standard for 'good music' it is not THE standard for good music. It is a fucking stupid standard. It's like me saying that if there isn't a guitar in the song then it is definently not good real music.

you're baseless bullshit is really disturbing, music fans shouldn't be that close-minded

Last edited:

McLovin

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
wow dude. you must be so used to thinking in terms of genre, really man, learn to be less superficial otherwise you will wither out and die, which is a good thing, people like you should be eliminated from the gene pool.

simpsons and prison break...and saw and dodgeball are the same essentially think about it. both are movies, with scripts, and backgrounds, and they are layered and have the purpose of conveying messages and entertaining. They are MOVIES

so yes, they are both music so i CAN compare them you absolute idiot.

how many times do i have to tell you, that is YOUR standard for 'good music' it is not THE standard for good music. It is a fucking stupid standard. It's like me saying that if there isn't a guitar in the song then it is definently not good real music.

you're baseless bullshit is really disturbing, music fans shouldn't be that close-minded
Yes, both are movies but that is looking at the big picture. What I am talking about is the detail! Prison Break is a DRAMA, Simpsons is a COMEDY! SAW is HORROR, DODGEBALL is COMEDY! They both have different purposes and a different target market.

"
how many times do i have to tell you, that is YOUR standard for 'good music' it is not THE standard for good music. It is a fucking stupid standard. It's like me saying that if there isn't a guitar in the song then it is definently not good real music."

Interest in songs is THE standard for good music. Something that rap music fails to show. Also, interest in a song is NOT just a matter of opinion it is a matter of the content. Interest is not created by repeating the exact same backing track that was used by a computer and talking into a microphone, something that is MUCH easier than singing by the way. Which brings in the musical talent argument again.

Please keep going hiphophooray, you are full of rage and it really entertains me :rofl:

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
I'm glad you think you can extrapolate emotions from a bunch of non-emotive words on an internet forum. *thumbs up*

No, it's an arbitrary, twisted standard, it is in no way 'THE' standard of music, that's where your wrong so you have no leg to stand on.

McLovin

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
I'm glad you think you can extrapolate emotions from a bunch of non-emotive words on an internet forum. *thumbs up*

No, it's an arbitrary, twisted standard, it is in no way 'THE' standard of music, that's where your wrong so you have no leg to stand on.
Well considering all the swearing you are putting into your statements it is quite clear how raged up you are getting over this.

So a feature of 'the' standard of good music is repetition of looped tracks?
Is that what you are getting at here?
Because my god, if that is what the world is coming to than god help us all, a 10 year old child with intermediate knowledge of computers could become a 'musician' and be as famous as Led Zeppelin if this is your standard for good music.
*thumbs up*

beve

Jesus
HSC
lol. what a wank this thread turned out to be.

certain music appeals to certain people; certain movies appeal to certain people etc etc. its the same with anything else; it cant be argued that "rap isn't music" because it is.

i dont like it myself; but what i listen to other people won't like either.

subjective. now please, back on the topic.?

old.skool.kid

HSC
Yer. Seriously mclovin you are just embarrassing yourself..

Stop being an ignorant fool and gtfo.

lolokay

HSC
hip hop requires no talent or skill and can be made by a 5 year old, all the songs sing about hos and bitches and slapping them and stuff, it has no artistic qualities or complexity or meaning or any display of understanding of music, doesn't use real instruments, and overall is not interesting whatsoever

rock on the other hand..

McLovin

HSC
lolokay said:
hip hop requires no talent or skill and can be made by a 5 year old, all the songs sing about hos and bitches and slapping them and stuff, it has no artistic qualities or complexity or meaning or any display of understanding of music, doesn't use real instruments, and overall is not interesting whatsoever

rock on the other hand..
Good to know someone follows my views.

McLovin

HSC
old.skool.kid said:
Yer. Seriously mclovin you are just embarrassing yourself..

Stop being an ignorant fool and gtfo.
Nuh, almost had me convinced though??

Zrap

glock9
HSC
lolokay said:

rock on the other hand..

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME YOU IGNORANT FUCK. obviously you have not heard every rap song. Cunts like you shit me and should play with traffic.

Okay, so that is why every 5 year old is out their selling platinum albums?
:rofl: What a scum

McLovin

HSC
Zrap said:
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME YOU IGNORANT FUCK. obviously you have not heard every rap song. Cunts like you shit me and should play with traffic.

Okay, so that is why every 5 year old is out their selling platinum albums?
:rofl: What a scum
5 Year olds have the ABILITY to create rap music, but obviously not the ability to get a record deal and be taken seriously. That is why they are not selling platinum albums. No one has heard every rap music, but I must say that 100% of the rap I have listened to has been a waste of my life and I would have rather spend that time on something that actually is INTERESTING.

I love how someone with a different opinion as you, you label scum lol. You Nazi piece of shit.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
McLovin said:
5 Year olds have the ABILITY to create rap music, but obviously not the ability to get a record deal and be taken seriously. That is why they are not selling platinum albums. No one has heard every rap music, but we can all agree that 100% of the rap I have listened to has been a waste of my life and I would have rather spend that time on something that actually is INTERESTING.

I love how someone with a different opinion as you, you label scum lol. You Nazi piece of shit.
Okay if a five year old can create rap music i'm sure you can create one
right now go on! type one out. A few verses a chorus and go hurry the fuck up
cunt.
Hey the rap you listen too wow, i know you outside of bos do i? No if i did i
would punch you right in the dick but unfortunately i dont know you or
what rap you have listened so only you can give that opinion which is useless
cause it's from your subjective point of view.

Nazi wow sick, not an old call. Hasnt ever been used since after the war. wowww

HoCo8

HSC
lol at how easily Zrap rages.

can't belive this is still going...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)