So what's new with you and your significant other/crush/desired person/ etc? (1 Viewer)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Wow, that's quite original. (Y)
Normally it's songs, [amateur dance] dedication videos, and the sort.
She'd have to be prettty special. :eek:
Still, you can't tell me that if you received a 1000 word story about you by someone you hardly knew, it wouldn't be creepy.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
"Hmm, she's an awesome girl so I'm going to write an 8000 word story about her"

what the fuck
Yeah I know, EX2 has basically ruined my definition of a short story. It is now '6000-8000 words' instead of whatever.

Wow, that's quite original. (Y)
Normally it's songs, [amateur dance] dedication videos, and the sort.
She'd have to be prettty special. :eek:
I can also write poetry, and I could try a song - but I'd probably end up plagiarising from someone else (music-wise).

Still, you can't tell me that if you received a 1000 word story about you by someone you hardly knew, it wouldn't be creepy.
wat. No I'm not sending it to them! It's for my own personal purposes.

For example... a pretty girl is the inspiration to my writing. Stuff like that. As in, the girl I like inspires me to write - not I write about the girl. It's just that when I write, I'll end up putting a female main character in that'll probably end up like her because she inspired me.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Shadowdude, stop being so fucking lame and you might find a decent girl.

Also, you're never getting a girl that isn't above a 3 Shadow so stop trying.

HSC
N/A
Yeah I know, EX2 has basically ruined my definition of a short story. It is now '6000-8000 words' instead of whatever.

I can also write poetry, and I could try a song - but I'd probably end up plagiarising from someone else (music-wise).

wat. No I'm not sending it to them! It's for my own personal purposes.

For example... a pretty girl is the inspiration to my writing. Stuff like that. As in, the girl I like inspires me to write - not I write about the girl. It's just that when I write, I'll end up putting a female main character in that'll probably end up like her because she inspired me.
I admire anyone who does EX2. If I had subjects which stressed me less I'd have taken up EX1 at most.
Good thing your explanation is there after that second line. XD
Also that is kinda sweet. As long as it's not some warped fanfiction-esque type of story.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Shadowdude, stop being so fucking lame and you might find a decent girl.

Also, you're never getting a girl that isn't above a 3 Shadow so stop trying.
I already found a girl - and it probably would've turned out awesome if it wasn't for her paranoid best friend who hated me. Besides, I'm not really looking for a girl... I just end up finding them regardless and I'm sure one of them will be awesome enough to start inspiring me.

And yes, I will end up with a girl that is above a 3 - because my standards are higher than that. I require top echelon females, or TEFs. =P

And when I say top echelon females, I don't mean just super hot - there are other ways to get into the top echelon like... not having a paranoid best friend who wants to murder you, or helping me with m'homework. I'll probably need that next semester.

I admire anyone who does EX2. If I had subjects which stressed me less I'd have taken up EX1 at most.
Good thing your explanation is there after that second line. XD
Also that is kinda sweet. As long as it's not some warped fanfiction-esque type of story.
Oh, it's not a fanfiction story. I don't really do those (because I'm not sure what they are).

My stories are basically just about normal everyday life. My EX2 story was about a guy who broke a laptop on the same day as he was to go out with his wife on a romantic outing. Nothing "epic" about adventures across great lands or the slaying of a great menace, it was just epically written.

That's the mantra I use when I'm writing, kinda: "Non-epic storyline, epically written".

But seriously, most of the great scenes in my stories are looking at everyday things in a different way. In my EX2 story, one of the scenes was just all about hogging the bedsheets, and another one on how the beauty industry made its money by making women feel ugly. It's like putting into practice one of the old National Geographic Channel's slogans: "Think. Again."

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
^

If it's best friend issues she wasn't worth it and didn't have any interest in you in the first place, just sayin'

cbb reading the rest, too much.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
And yes, I will end up with a girl that is above a 3 - because my standards are higher than that. I require top echelon females, or TEFs. =P
This of course, makes the assumption that you'll get someone at all.

HSC
N/A
Oh, it's not a fanfiction story. I don't really do those (because I'm not sure what they are).

My stories are basically just about normal everyday life. My EX2 story was about a guy who broke a laptop on the same day as he was to go out with his wife on a romantic outing. Nothing "epic" about adventures across great lands or the slaying of a great menace, it was just epically written.

That's the mantra I use when I'm writing, kinda: "Non-epic storyline, epically written".

But seriously, most of the great scenes in my stories are looking at everyday things in a different way. In my EX2 story, one of the scenes was just all about hogging the bedsheets, and another one on how the beauty industry made its money by making women feel ugly. It's like putting into practice one of the old National Geographic Channel's slogans: "Think. Again."
Fanfiction is bascially stories about characters from public media or own characters written by fans, or general people. Also fanfics are generally thought of as erotic stories. And I was referring to those [as a joke], lol. Also very interesting, my stories generally just happen, a have a brief idea of what to use, like one particular aspect and either place that as the central object or have in the background. Yeah, but mostly I just write based on what I feel at the moment.
Also good mantra.
A couple of my friends showed me their stories for EX2 and yeah it was just written quite flawlessly.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
^

If it's best friend issues she wasn't worth it and didn't have any interest in you in the first place, just sayin'

cbb reading the rest, too much.
But... but... she stood under an umbrella with me for an hour. That has to count for something.

This of course, makes the assumption that you'll get someone at all.
Hey, hey, hey... by a comparison test - if guys who are less pro than me can get girlfriends, I can get them too.

Fanfiction is bascially stories about characters from public media or own characters written by fans, or general people. Also fanfics are generally thought of as erotic stories. And I was referring to those [as a joke], lol. Also very interesting, my stories generally just happen, a have a brief idea of what to use, like one particular aspect and either place that as the central object or have in the background. Yeah, but mostly I just write based on what I feel at the moment.
Also good mantra.
A couple of my friends showed me their stories for EX2 and yeah it was just written quite flawlessly.
Oh no, my story wasn't erotic - it's more... romantic in style. Which saddens me because I got a Band E4 writing romantic fiction. I feel I am less manly as a result =P

Or more manly - because apparently that guy on Love Song Dedications is a real man and he talks in that stupid voice. Not sure yet.

But yes, you'll find EX2 works are pretty flawless considering we have almost a year to write them!

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I got a job, and they fired me one day before being there exactly 6 months... For no reason. Seems fishy to me.

Oh well - I got a new job now. Lol.
ahh nice, yeah it does seem fishy. Congrats tho :)

But... but... she stood under an umbrella with me for an hour. That has to count for something.
Well maybe, or the fact that it was raining and she was helpless.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well maybe, or the fact that it was raining and she was helpless.
It was raining - and I asked her if she'd like me to get an umbrella, and she said yes. So... I got one and we stood under it together while fiddling with an early iPhone we had to try and figure out together.

I take the view she could've just called one of her friends over to get rid of me so she could talk with them for the hour - but... she was with me. And that's why it's the most romantic moment of my life so far =P

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
It was raining - and I asked her if she'd like me to get an umbrella, and she said yes. So... I got one and we stood under it together while fiddling with an early iPhone we had to try and figure out together.

I take the view she could've just called one of her friends over to get rid of me so she could talk with them for the hour - but... she was with me. And that's why it's the most romantic moment of my life so far =P
Firstly, that's really lame. Secondly, she probably just didn't want to get wet, especially around you. Thirdly, stop being so pathetic.

Last edited:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Firstly, that's really lame. Secondly, she probably just didn't get wet, especially around you. Thirdly, stop being so pathetic.
How is it lame? Considering the dire circumstances of me at the time - that was awesome.

I'm not pathetic now. Like, I texted a girl to walk with me to the maths exam - but you don't see me going "OMG, EVERYONE! GUESS WHAT?! I TEXTED A GIRL TO COME WALK WITH ME TO MY MATHS EXAM AND GET THIS.... SHE SAID YES!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG I WANNA MARRY HER".

If I did that now - you would see a post every day along those lines guaranteed. From "OMG OMG OMG GUESS WHAT HAPPENED TODAY?! I SAT NEXT TO A GIRL IN MY ECON LECTURE! AND WE TALKED ABOUT STUFF!!!!!" to "AND THEN WE CAUGHT THE SAME TRAIN AND FOR THE NEXT FORTY MINUTES WE TALKED ABOUT STUFF ON THE TRAIN AND WE PLAYED THE TRAIN GAME TOGETHER!!!!"

Just opining, Arcorn. Just opining.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
How is it lame? Considering the dire circumstances of me at the time - that was awesome.

I'm not pathetic now. Like, I texted a girl to walk with me to the maths exam - but you don't see me going "OMG, EVERYONE! GUESS WHAT?! I TEXTED A GIRL TO COME WALK WITH ME TO MY MATHS EXAM AND GET THIS.... SHE SAID YES!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG I WANNA MARRY HER".

If I did that now - you would see a post every day along those lines guaranteed. From "OMG OMG OMG GUESS WHAT HAPPENED TODAY?! I SAT NEXT TO A GIRL IN MY ECON LECTURE! AND WE TALKED ABOUT STUFF!!!!!" to "AND THEN WE CAUGHT THE SAME TRAIN AND FOR THE NEXT FORTY MINUTES WE TALKED ABOUT STUFF ON THE TRAIN AND WE PLAYED THE TRAIN GAME TOGETHER!!!!"

Just opining, Arcorn. Just opining.
Do you remember when you did do that?

Also, if you can get the girl to pay for the date you are then winning. True story, I didn't have to pay to see most of X-Men.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Do you remember when you did do that?

Also, if you can get the girl to pay for the date you are then winning. True story, I didn't have to pay to see most of X-Men.
Of course I remember when I did do that. I did most of it elsewhere and not on here too so, if you thought what I did here was bad...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)