So Who here is and/or trying to lose weight? (1 Viewer)

Weight Loss

• Yes i'm a girl

Votes: 37 46.3%
  • Yes i'm a guy

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • No i'm a girl

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • No i'm a guy

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • and it's working

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • and it's not working

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • i did and it worked

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • never tried too

Votes: 12 15.0%

• Total voters

SiN3m

HSC
i had lost 13kg at one stage, was so good...gained it now but some of it from getting taller too

want to lose again though, about 15-20kg if i can, but my body prefers to gain muscle and it shits me...

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
akataylor said:
I need to put on weight.

5' 10" and 59 kilos.

Not as bad as my brother

6' and 54 kilos.

He's a stick. And you know what's worse? He's younger than me...
ho shit you people lol

i weigh more than youu do .

ASNSWR127

HSC
yeah not so much "trying to lose weight" as trying to gain some more muscular strength for the NSWFB testing coming up (sigh)

also cardiovascular strength (sigh)

why is firefighting so manual???

JoAn.T

HSC
Btw, for those of you doing the HSC, schedule your eating time around your upcoming exam times, so you won't feel hungry while you're doing the actual hsc paper.

Good luck!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
SiN3m said:
i had lost 13kg at one stage, was so good...gained it now but some of it from getting taller too

want to lose again though, about 15-20kg if i can, but my body prefers to gain muscle and it shits me...
What the fuck.
If you want to lose and maintain your weight for the rest of your life, you have to be able to develop and maintain lean muscle mass as they are a essential component in keeping your weight off. People who gain their weight back is because they use extreme methods which they lose a shitload of muscle and perhaps some fat but associate that with losing weight, because the number on the scale reduced, even thought it's not a reduction in their fat percentage, as fat weighs nothing compared to muscle. That's why people who have bulked up physical body structures, have BMI's near the overweight-obese range.

marcquelle said:
yeah i'm just eating healthy and regular exercise, but what pisses me off is some people say that ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i need to lose weight and they are like super skinny
People have different expecations about their body shape. When, i got to my ideal weight, I still had a shitload of flab around my stomach area, even though everywhere else was perfect. Although, you couldn't see or noticed that unless I had my shirt off.

Last edited:

Skeeta

HSC
hectic18 said:
bike rides = key to epic weight loss
true. My boyfriend is skinny as fuck and he's just started training for the Sydney-woolongong and he's lost 4 kilo's in like 4 weeks.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
i have no idea how much i weigh, but i know i've put on unwanted weight because my clothes are too tight. really should stop drinking and smoking... it only leads to massive junk food consumption :s

rozymisty

HSC
Interestingly, today I went to get my measurements for the challenge, and my weight has gone up 1kg,...not suprised since ive done bugger all since last Thursday and not eating well. i was hoping my weight goes down not up.

But the thing is my skin folds and tape measurements are decreasing, about 1-2cm each measurement (had 2nd one today) which is great of course, but I am not noticing any difference when Im wearing my clothes. Maybe its because it is slow progress etc that i dont notice it but still. Id liek to see the results.

And the thing is i havent done weights in like 2wks or any cardio for a while so not sure when that extra cm dropped off.

yes i know that muscle weighs more than fat, but still. Id like to see that. I had to get a size 16 in swim suits today. ...thats depressing coz like last year i was a 14, sometimes 16, now most of the time its a 16.

The trainer told me to do cardio to lose the weight. But when you have bugger all motivation to run on a treadmil doing interval training, its a bit hard. And id love to do boxing and skipping but with my sore hand its a bit hard.

Pace_T

HSC
seems like the way you're going its just a short term solution. even if you do lose the weight you're probably going to pile it back on. make this a lifestyle change. then you wont need any near as much motivation, stopping and starting all the time.

rozymisty

HSC
oh no believe me i want to lose weigt for good. Just at this point in time ive got heaps of other things on my mind to focus on.

I rang up fitness first today, one that has a pool, and im going to have a look tomorrow and maybe sign up. Coz i know swimming is something I want to do for my cardio. I DO NOT want to be a size16 any longer.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
rozymisty said:
Interestingly, today I went to get my measurements for the challenge, and my weight has gone up 1kg,...not suprised since ive done bugger all since last Thursday and not eating well. i was hoping my weight goes down not up.

But the thing is my skin folds and tape measurements are decreasing, about 1-2cm each measurement (had 2nd one today) which is great of course, but I am not noticing any difference when Im wearing my clothes. Maybe its because it is slow progress etc that i dont notice it but still. Id liek to see the results.

And the thing is i havent done weights in like 2wks or any cardio for a while so not sure when that extra cm dropped off.

yes i know that muscle weighs more than fat, but still. Id like to see that. I had to get a size 16 in swim suits today. ...thats depressing coz like last year i was a 14, sometimes 16, now most of the time its a 16.

The trainer told me to do cardio to lose the weight. But when you have bugger all motivation to run on a treadmil doing interval training, its a bit hard. And id love to do boxing and skipping but with my sore hand its a bit hard.
I didn't necessary do any exercise at all when I lost my weight and I believe it's not a vital component, regardless of what people tell you. The most significant factor, is firstly, yes you have to cut back on your calories. For an average women, you can get off with 1200-1500 calories, without your body going into starvation mode, whilst allowing your body to tap into you fat deposits to make up for the rest of the energy you don't use. So basically, the average resting metabolic rate = 1200(for women). Resting metabolic rate is the rate at which your body can burn fat, through doing essential activities such as breathing and sleeping. More muscle than it'll be higher. BUT If your body is of a bigger size, it'll also be higher as well, because your body requires more energy to function. Example is, if you're of a larger body shape, the weight can be equivalent to be like wearing a heavy bag. Hence, why people whom are obese can lose weight very fast in the initial stages.

Although, we do more than just breath, sit and sleep all day, as we go on with our lifestyles. So on top of all, let's burn an extra 800 calories or so, from doing what you do everyday. This again can be higher, if you you do more physical activities, exercise, walk a lot etc. Hence, 1200 + 800 calories = 2000 calories. Than because you only consume 1500 calories, the difference(500 calories) will come from your fat deposits. To lose about 1kg of fat, you'll need to burn approx about 7700 calories.

But, the most important factor in keeping it off is to make sure you’re able to cut back, but not sacrifice the amount of nutrition’s that you get, which is why a lot of people gain their weight back afterwards. It’s imperative as it’ll help you to repair a lot of the damage you’ve done in the past, which was developed from your lifestyle/eating habits/environment etc and which thus created the residual outcome of your current weight/body shape. And, yes you need a balance of EVERYTHING, because all nutrition are interlinked and work together. Like, if you only take a lot of calcium, but not vitamin D, it’s a lot harder for your body to absorb and use it as effective as possible.

If you're really serious, pm me and I can tell you about what I did in more detail as I believe it'll help you a lot.

Last edited:

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
yep, im trying too, good progress so far - slowly creeping downwards
example of what ive done today: at mcdonald's instead of ordering coke with my mcchicken meal i ordered orange juice:D

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
electrolysis said:
yep, im trying too, good progress so far - slowly creeping downwards
example of what ive done today: at mcdonald's instead of ordering coke with my mcchicken meal i ordered orange juice:D
probably had the same amount of kjs tbh
shoulda got diet coke

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)