So you think you want a motorcycle? (1 Viewer)

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
He was saying for between 10K-15K RPM. Feel like hitting the dope.

Any ideas as to what it could be?

U

Ubik

Snowfox, please use a multimeter and test your charging system before you replace what may be a perfectly good battery. With a voltmeter, It should show ~12 volts when the bike is not running, and increase to 13.5 - 15 volts when the bike is running. If it doesn't increase, you have a charging system problem.

This is a good book Amazon.com: How to Repair Your Motorcycle (Motorbooks Workshop) (9780760331378): Charles Everitt: Books

Your symptoms are unbelievable. An engine that will rev out easily in neutral, but dies under load?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Im not an idiot, someone already mentioned that, and believe those symptoms.

R1NA92

HSC
You said something cheap, right?

Why is a 25,000 dollar ducati that isn't even learner legal a consideration?

The new ninja is overpriced and underpowered, but if you can afford it and want the look then go nuts

Edit: Honda NSR150 is learner legal, the 250 isn't. RS125 is also learner legal and is arguably the best looking learner legal sports bike
thanks for that, and just for justification purposes - i posted that before i looked up prices? so rest assured, that's now off the list.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
OMFG its the fucking clutch.

Tried downshifting and upshifting today, since my carbies are sparking clean now, and no matter how slowly i let them out or how many RPM i reach, it stalls.

Trailed the clutch cable all the way down to the engine, and it looks a little lose.

Some fucker's been messing with my clutch.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
OMFG its the fucking clutch.

Tried downshifting and upshifting today, since my carbies are sparking clean now, and no matter how slowly i let them out or how many RPM i reach, it stalls.

Trailed the clutch cable all the way down to the engine, and it looks a little lose.

Some fucker's been messing with my clutch.
Can you shift into first?

Edit: From a standstill I mean, I have a crazy hunch... I dont think that the clutch is the problem, since you can shift a 250 without using the clutch and it wont stall, assuming the revs are okay.

Last edited:

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah well everything else was happening, blue smoke, shitty things. All fixed with a carbi clean and charged battery.

BUT OMFG THE CLUTCH.

So much fucking easier, if engine stalls whilst clutch is being released slowly, should i tighten/untighten or just tell the dickheads at the store to fix it for free.

EDIT: BTW just had a look at my carbis and guess what i found, a small plastic tie holding my throttle cable nut in place. Tie is brand new as well.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I would tighten it so that when the lever is released completely the cable has no slack in it but isn't pulling. If that doesn't work I would try the opposite, pull the clutch lever in all the way and then tighten until no slack.

walkahz

HSC
Dont suppose you have tried putting a new plug in it? A fucked plug can make the engine lose power under load and make it run rough. Or check the carby jetting that being off can fuck everything up.

quik.

HSC
Clutch should have a bit of free play at the end, 5-10mm, tighten till that level.

I don't see why it would be the clutch cable though :x

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Dont suppose you have tried putting a new plug in it? A fucked plug can make the engine lose power under load and make it run rough. Or check the carby jetting that being off can fuck everything up.
Just had Carbis cleaned, plugs replaced and jets cleaned.

i'd just buy a new bike
Im actually contemplating it, i can actually make a profit from selling it lol, someones asking around for a few @ 3K each.

Heres the NEW symptoms:

No Smoke (WOOT)

I put the bike on 6k revs, hold clutch and shift to first, as i release clutch, revs steadily drop, until clutch is released. Engine dies as clutch is fully released, or sometimes rarely, a really bad idle/slow speed.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Nah that's not a clutch problem dude. If your clutch was slipping it'd build revs fine but you wouldn't move.

Does it have a kill switch associated the kickstand?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah...but it kicks in when i shift, so like Neutral>Shift>Kill

What this bike is doing is Neutral>Shift>Slowly Die with clutch slowly releasing.>Die completely.

Gonna write this down : BYPASS SWITCH

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
idk it might be shorting out or something that why I ask. It just doesnt seem to make any sense, have you tried just launching it hard? like its only a 250 I doubt you're gonna land on your ass

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)