So you think you want a motorcycle? (1 Viewer)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Driving through Sydney today, I took note when I saw a guy riding a black hyosung GT250R, with crash damage all down one side.

But he was white.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
hai guys

so i passed that test and think a cb250 would be best to begin to learn on around local streets and shit for a while until im ready for something bigger/have more money

there's a big difference in price between bikesales and ebay. you, graney, said bikesales is expected to be more expensive. how much would one of those bikes in reasonable, undropped condition be?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Im looking at a GSX at ~$3200, but heres another at 1995 SUZUKI GSX250F ACROSS - bikepoint.com.au

BTW i hate the fucking cruisers at wollongong training centre. Failed the second day because the throttle kept sticking, went back today and passed it. Trainer couldnt figure out why i failed.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I bought a 2001 model CB250 back in 2004 for $3100 (off autotrader.com.au). The prices people are asking for them doesn't seem to have depreciated at all since then. I've seen a few cheap CBF250's and Yamaha scorpios, only 2-3 years old, for around $3000, so that seems like much better value.

Daft_Punk

Banned
HSC
N/A
Got my TTR250 home yesterday dawg

Rear tyre is at -30% tread, will need to change that before i go for blue slip. Need to get to a yamaha dealer and order a new numberplate holder/rear mudguard thing because i lost the original and a new front one cos its bent from crashing into a tree. Found all the blinkers and mirrors and shit though. Found a 13 tooth sprocket that i intend on putting on, who cares if it drops my top speed to below 100 lol. Have to take the restrictor out of the header pipe to make it less of a piece of shit and modify the airbox. Ill get a TK pipe or staintune or something one day but no money for one right now. Will get some new bars one day too, renthals or something. Might even get it bored out to 300cc one day when i get bored of it lol

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Aren't you sellin' the ttr? Why so registered?

Wish I'd bought a dirt bike instead now, I was peer pressured into the sports bike. I don't get what I'm supposed to do with all this power, except cut up my licence.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
No im keeping it i decided. May as well, plenty of dirt around here to ride around on. Will just up the power a little and sell it when i can get something decent.

Its pretty much the best bike ever anyway

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
NSW govt has plenty of people to cut your license up for you if you're lazy.

EDIT: no speeding fines as of monday again graney, go nuts

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
ben netanyahu do you have your Ls yet?

Im pretty annoyed that i wont be able to rego my bike until next week at the earliest :(

does anyone know how much the cheapest road legal 19inch tyres cost?

Edit: like i dont care how disgustingly shit they are, i only need them for rego :(:(:(

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
How good are FZR250's?

I heard the Carbi's are troublesome but nothing i cant fix.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Its a dirt bike.

NVM im not feeding the troll.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
what is the difference

both can go on the road

one can go on dirt also

they are arguably as good on the road at lower speeds

one is far cheaper and more reliable

if you drop a ttr nothing will happen, if you drop a "road bike" it will break shit

and you WILL drop it

you'd be a stupid asian to not get some sort of dirt bike tbh

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
ben netanyahu do you have your Ls yet?

Im pretty annoyed that i wont be able to rego my bike until next week at the earliest :(

does anyone know how much the cheapest road legal 19inch tyres cost?

Edit: like i dont care how disgustingly shit they are, i only need them for rego :(:(:(
got my DKT in about 1.5 hours mang

now all i've got to do is actually buy the motorbike!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)