So you think you want a motorcycle? (1 Viewer)

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
I'm actually entirely only into retro bikes and have owned several, you are my new favorite person.

I'm the OP of this thread.

I don't know anything really, I'm just confident enough to follow a manual and spend money on tools.

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
I own an FZR600, but only because supersport 600's are the cheapest things to buy and run. I really don't like sportsbikes at all. japanese manufacturers didn't really start putting out any retro or naked bikes until relatively recently, you pretty much couldn't buy a naked bike from the late 80's to mid 90's, so I'm stuck with superbikes until my budget improves.

Last edited:

zephyrr

HSC
haha i love u too JM, wow how much was your yamaha?

Yeah superbikes, as powerful as they are, just feel and look artificial. Retro bikes seem to look elegant(?) just feels passionate as opposed to pure horsepower.. i dono just something about retro bikes where their not meant to be driven or revd heaps fast but just riden.

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
I was going to make a thread about a bos motorcycle meat.

But I realized I don't even like riding road motorcycles at all.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Contemplating Re-wiring my fan to a On/Off switch instead of a thermostatic switch.

Saves me looking a new Thermo switch.

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
My bike is very reliable. You can rely it on to break down consistently.

I'm getting all the symptoms the fuel pump on my bike is dying. It fails to proceed roughly every 1km.

I sold it on ebay for a large price, two days ago before I'd road tested it properly and discovered this new problem. He's coming to pick it up this weekend.

Apparently you can run this bike without a fuel pump, if you have a full tank. The only problem is that the bike will stop dead once it gets to half a tank.

The question is, do I have any ethics at all?

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
My bike is very reliable. You can rely it on to break down consistently.

I'm getting all the symptoms the fuel pump on my bike is dying. It fails to proceed roughly every 1km.

I sold it on ebay for a large price, two days ago before I'd road tested it properly and discovered this new problem. He's coming to pick it up this weekend.

Apparently you can run this bike without a fuel pump, if you have a full tank. The only problem is that the bike will stop dead once it gets to half a tank.

The question is, do I have any ethics at all?
has he test ridden?
if yes, then i see no problem (even though its pretty dog)

if not, other choices are
1) smile when you tell him its got a full tank
2) tell him whats wrong
3) pm snowfox

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
So going to pay that fine tomorrow, then buy a car that is priced as low as it'll get for the next 3 months.

fuck my life

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
Nah he hasn't even taken a look at it. Who does that. There are heaps of faults I didn't mention in my auction.

If I pull the pump out, it will run on gravity and pass a test ride no worries, it will go perfectly for the first half a tank.

Apparently any aftermarket car fuel pump that delivers between 4-6 psi will do the trick for $40, better than buying the $200 yamaha part. I'll try to put one in tomorrow, sell on saturday.

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
So going to pay that fine tomorrow, then buy a car that is priced as low as it'll get for the next 3 months.

fuck my life
hi,

TODAY

i was getting on the bike after work and i met a fellow motorcyclist

who was black
and even indian black

and he was like shit i just lost my licence for 3 months for speeding on my l's fml fml

and i was like oh damn that sucks dude etc etc and then

HEY WAIT A MINUTE

but it was not you i am sure because he had a different bike and no afro

but
was it?

no

but

fucking
creepy

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Nah he hasn't even taken a look at it. Who does that. There are heaps of faults I didn't mention in my auction.

If I pull the pump out, it will run on gravity and pass a test ride no worries, it will go perfectly for the first half a tank.

Apparently any aftermarket car fuel pump that delivers between 4-6 psi will do the trick for $40, better than buying the $200 yamaha part. I'll try to put one in tomorrow, sell on saturday.
dude what the fuck if he's buying it unseen just throw it at him no bad feelings

runoutofsleep: no

also, paying fine now so that hopefully I have a week to get my p's by the time this suspension is done

fuck

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
yeah i know it just spun me out

sucks condolences etc
Ahaha did you lose your L's Azamakumar?

Bloody hoons
:(
told my mum yesterday and my dad just then
neither were angry
except my dad but he didn't show it because i was hammering the car down the m4

lol you really are a dick.
Having reread your first post, my perspectives changed a little. If you said it was mechanically perfect no problems ET CETERA ET CETERA then I'd definitely give the bloke a ring, tell him its developed a problem and he could back out of the sale if he wanted.
That way, he'll either take the bike (probably negotiate a slice off for the pump) or you can relist it, sold as is, and THEN not feel guilty because you're being completely honest.

But really though, theres no deterioration of condition for him to complain about seeing as he hasn't even come look at it. If you fill up the tank and it gets him home, the bikes as good as you say it is.

lol but really

he didnt inspect it

so he is snowfox?
I know right

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)