Soccer talk eg. prem league, champ league, serie a etc (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
Arsenal definately has some problems in the centre back role, especially if Campbeel aint there. But Toure seems to be holding his own. He's quite the fighter.
I actually now reckon that Chelski could pull it of this year. It'll be interesting to see how Veron and Crespo play together. Hopefully Veron will at last be able to impress in the EPL on a regular basis.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
if chelsea get makellele who they are rumoured to, they'll have a pretty solid midfield you would think. Makellele never stops working and thats someone every team needs in the centre of the park.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ...
Newcastle will be great...they have a lot of decent young players coming through...

Arsenal do have a youth system, but major problem is the young players can not make it to the first team coz Wenger dun trust them...look at Upson and Pennant...

reason y man utd is so dominant for the past decade coz of their youth system, last season they won the youth FA cup!!!

A. Cole is a left back, and he pushes a lot up front which makes Arsenal backline very vulnerable, but coz they have Vieria, Pires and Henry, they will hardly lose possession...
Toure and Cygan is just shit...
The toons are out of the ECL! :p (They said preseason and at their exit to Barca last year, that they had a young squad and learnt their lesson. :D)

Wenger had a wide untapped resource. I mean, the reason why they are having financial problems is because they basically buy the bulk of their stars, unlike Utd. And then go build a new venue.

Toure isn't a pathetic as Cygan, tho.

Originally posted by Generator
Dunn was just another central midfielder, while Duff played on the left, so Emerton is replacing neither.
Dunn often didn't play in his preferred position at Rovers, tho. (But didn't play much anyway as he was so often injuried.)

(Dunn and Duff were both attacking mid-fielders, who provided alot for a Rover's attack.)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by copious
if chelsea get makellele who they are rumoured to, they'll have a pretty solid midfield you would think. Makellele never stops working and thats someone every team needs in the centre of the park.
But they already have a combative midfielder in Geremi who is hard working.

Originally posted by stinger
Chelski won't win this year

not with Lampard in the middle all season
They won't win, but Lampard is vital for Chelski, as he was for Chelsea. I mean he's still in first team. :D
Originally posted by marsenal
I actually now reckon that Chelski could pull it of this year. It'll be interesting to see how Veron and Crespo play together. Hopefully Veron will at last be able to impress in the EPL on a regular basis.
The pair won't be as effective the EPL but they'll do wonders for them in the ECL. :)

I think Ranieri now has his full set - 2 capable players for each position. (Expect in centre back. But the three they have are more than adequate.)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
hmm taking a look at the possible top 3, theres some pretty good squads!
:
Man Utd
Howard
Oshea
Silvestre
Brown
G Neville
Giggs
Keane
Kleberson/djemba/Butt
solsjkaer/ronaldo
scholes
ruud

Chelsea
Cudicini
babayaro/bridge
gallas
dessailly
johnson
duff
veron
cole/geremi
lampard
crespo
mutu

Arsenal
Lehman
cole
campbell
keown/toure
lauren
pires
viera
silva
lujenberg
henry
wiltord

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by copious
Chelsea
Cudicini
babayaro/bridge
gallas
dessailly
johnson
duff
veron
cole/geremi
lampard
crespo
mutu
A closer look at the Chelsea squad:

Keeper: Carlo Cudicini*

Defenders: Glen Johnson (RB), Mario Melchiot* (RB), William Gallas* (CB), John Terry* (CB), Marcel Desailly* (CB), Celestine Babayaro* (LB), Wayne Bridge (LB)

Midfielders:
(C) Frank Lampard, Joe Cole, Njitap Geremi, Emmanuel Petit*
(RW) Juan Veron, Jesper Gronkjaer*, Mario Stanic*
(LW) Damien Duff

(They only have one left winger, considering Zenden (RW?) is going to leave (PSG?). Which is why they were going to folk out as much as Duff's escape clause was.)

Strikers: Hernam Crespo, Adrian Mutu, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink*, Eidur Gudjohnsen*, (Mikael Forssell*, Carlton Cole* - on loan)

Note: * Denotes pre-Chelski squad.

:)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
A note on Arsenal: Although their collapse last season was due to their defense and besides a GK not much has changed for this season, they're alot stronger in defense, especially since their MF are playing a more defense part and doing so as a unit.

is a roflcopter
HSC
does anyone know whos playing in sbs match of the week?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Goodie. :)

Anyone with a guess of the score?
(Chelski 2, Rovers 2) :p

is a roflcopter
HSC
sifff!
chelsea 2-1

hmm i might wakeup for that one
dont want any of my wanker friends telling me the score before the arvo replay

maybe we can all wakeup and discuss it live here hehe

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Chelsea's defence bugs me. I mean, last seaon, their defence was what got them to the ECL qualifiers. But this season, they've conceded a few more. But I guess they haven't dropped a point (and with Gunners and Red Devil are on top).

I'm not wakin' up so early tommorrow. Considerin' I can't.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
chelsea is like ... OVERKILL..

and if makelele signs... they'll have 2 english and a french international midfielder sitting on the bench. and with mutu, crespo, hasslebank and gudhjonsen as forwards, they have a forward lineup like arsenal few years ago when knau was actually good and bergkhamp was less than 400 years old...

but as for defence, i reckon melchiot should play, and gallas, they contributed more to chelsea's defence much more last year than desailly who can barely run anymore....

still man utd will win, cuz most of the squad came thru a development program and have been playing together much longer... just goes to show that money dont buy success

is a roflcopter
HSC
so yeah skunk
lets start soccer betting again

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
How so, do we owe you, five dollars?

I agree Man Utd will win the EPL but not because of the players. Rather it's Fergie's ability to manage his squad. I mean Wenger had no idea at the end of last season, expect to play Henry up front... :p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Rovers ahead? 1-0!

(Liverpool finally with a win? Wow.)

is a roflcopter
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
How so, do we owe you, five dollars?

he was talking to me
someone still owes him money for the champions league final :p

anyway
chelsea 2 blackburn 2

hahaahh 22 second goal by blackburn
mutu is good hmmm........but he looked like he was gona cry after his first goal got offside flagged :p
i reckon chelsea still doesnt have synergy

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
its too early to tell, it could come down to the wire this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)