Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Alwayz Diana said:
I can't see the FA allowing us to go through and not Everton even if we do win but I'm keeping my fingers crossed..

On the CL - Liverpool will be wearing red :D!!! AC will be in white
if L'pool win the CL, and the FA dont let them...they're fucking stupid, why wouldnt they want the world to see europes 'best' team (hey if we win, we can brag that :rolleyes: )...it'd be embarressing for english soccer to not allow the victors in, considering arsenal get part way there but dont finish up, and they smash everton, liverpool beat everton most of the time too...

just in terms of quality and ability, if liverpool win, they should be allowed, forget the agreement they came up with...they'd like to be proud of an english team

ohwells

and yeh, manyoo should snap up cudicini :uhhuh: it'd be one of their better kepper signings of recent times, he's even had past experience in the EPL

HSC
Naughty Chelski now stealing players.
"Chelsea have also been accused of trying to steal 17-year-old Emmanuel Sakri away from his club Lyn Oslo. The Nigerian has trained with Chelsea since Christmas but was expected back in January. Lyn director of football Morgan Andersen said: "Sakri is our player. We allowed him to train with Chelsea over Christmas but he should have been in Oslo in January. We've been promised before that he’s on his way back but it has not happened and we cannot accept this situation.""

They must have some of the highest paid spin doctors and lawyers in the whole of Europe! :p

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Another Nigerian huh..?
Seemz like Jon Obi Mikel may want to go to Chelsea too, after he had signed fo Man U, like WTF...?
Fuckin Chelsea, they just can't control themselvez.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Shit Glazer iz makin a formal takeover bid, fuck that ain't good. Seemz very likely that he will take control over the club.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
jon obi mikel has gone AWOL

Transfer mess for Ferguson
PA Sport

Sir Alex Ferguson has abandoned plans to fly to Norway amid further confusion over Jon Obi Mikel's proposed move to Manchester United.

Ferguson was willing to sidestep his usual pre-match media briefings and jet into Oslo in an effort to sort out the dispute that has erupted since United announced Mikel's capture from Lyn Oslo a fortnight ago.

The Red Devils boss has become increasingly concerned at contradictory statements being made on Mikel's behalf about his willingness to move to Old Trafford in preference to Chelsea, who also believe they have signed the promising 18-year-old Nigerian midfielder.

But, after learning Mikel was no longer in Norway, Ferguson has opted not to make the trip and risk embarrassment.

Lyn Oslo officials insist the deal with United is watertight but Mikel failed to turn up for training as planned this morning and is now believed to be en route to London in the company of agents Jerome Anderson and John Shittu.

The situation has so concerned the Oslo club they have contacted the Norwegian police and the Norwegian Football Association.

"We do not know where Jon is," Lyn's sporting director Morgan Anderson told www.skysports.com

"He has been taken away by agents who told us they were working for Chelsea, although Chelsea have not confirmed that with us."

"Manchester United know we have written to Chelsea about this whole saga but we know there is nothing wrong on our part. Everything done is rock solid and legal."

"We have always got on well with Chelsea. They made us an offer for Jon, but it was way off the mark and they only wanted to use middle men all the time."

"Jon wasn't happy with all the agents becoming involved and so we managed to cancel all the arrangements before he signed for Manchester United."

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
jim_green said:
Hectic- I could give you a tonne of reasons. New manager, players whose styles need time to adjust, injuries galore.. they all contribute to an inconsistent season. I think ultimately though we're just still not quite there yet. We've got about 4 or 5 potentially world class players (Cisse, Gerrard, Carragher, Alonso, Kewell, Morientes), but the rest are either only good squad players (Hyypia, Biscan, Riise, Dudek, Baros), or just crap players who've had a good season (Traore). If we win the CL Rafa will have a very decent amount of money to shell out this silly season, and we'll be able to ship out the rest of Houllier's dross.

Alwayz Diana said:
With everything thrown at us this season coming 5th is not too bad. I've stated reasons a million and one times - I don't think anyone really cares to hear them again.

Looking forward to becoming CL champions this season - UEFA next
Cheers for the replies, the question was more rhetorical though :)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Why exactly are Utd fans so agitated about this Glazer takeover business? What separates Glazer from any other investor that makes him so abhorrent?

^___^
HSC
jim_green said:
Why exactly are Utd fans so agitated about this Glazer takeover business? What separates Glazer from any other investor that makes him so abhorrent?
cos when he took over some NFL club in ameica, he rose the ticket prices by 75%..even though in his first 2 seasons the club was success both on and off the field, after that things started to collapse big time

and glazer's 780 million pound didn't all come from his pocket, he is backed by JP morgan (i think), so how is he gonna get the money quickly? again, raise the ticket prices

matt#1

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
Shit Glazer iz makin a formal takeover bid, fuck that ain't good. Seemz very likely that he will take control over the club.
yep, as of today fuckin Glazer now has ownership of 70% of shares in the club and now has control over the club. :chainsaw:

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Yeah Glazer is definitely no Abramovich, whereas Roman used all his own money to buy Chelski, Glazer is heavily geared, so he'll be putting Utd in the 'red'....

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
LMF^^ said:

The way I see it, it is a massive, well, tragedy. The club should have been delisted from the stock market when the threat of Glazier arose. Plus, there are already threats of a breakaway club, one that'll uphold the traditions of 125 years of Utd's prominent existence. Besides, the American has no penchant for football, be it American or otherwise, he is a shrewd entrepreneur, and I'm sure fans of the Tampa Bay Bucuneers will testify to this. I really don't see any upside at all regarding this 'coup'coz that's more or less what it is. The CEO and the Chairman will almost certainly get the sack; as has been mentioned before, ticket prices will go sky-high; players of Utd, existing or potential, will have a cloud over their and the club's future, think Rio and Essien among others; to add to that, there is absolutely no strategies in place whereby Glazier can prove that he can improve existing profits and revenue of the world's richest club; moreover, disruptive deals like this will almost certainly drive away loyal sponsors such as Vodafone.

I could really go on like there's no tomorrow as you guys may have concluded, but I'm gonna go and hope my Christmas wishes are brought forward and this worm just goes back to whatever hole he crept out of.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I wonder if you guys are still going to be competitive in coming years then..

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
It really iz a very concernin period fo Man U. The Glazer camp claimz that they will offer Ferguson a contract extension, and that it'll be good fo Man U. But many fanz, includin myself, remain unconvinced. The takeover seemz inevitable now, all I can hope fo iz that it won't plunge the club into huge debtz and get fucked up like Leedz or Nottingham.

^___^
HSC
well
Glazier somehow managed to propose a plan where it will benefit the club over the long term period, thats why Gill was forced to consider the proposal...if Glazier's plan was ubber jibberish, Gill had every right to reject it, but i'm afraid not..

beside, Man Utd cannot be taken off the stock market, thats a step back..being on the stock market (kenyon put it very nicely a few wks ago when he was talking about utd's current situation) means you are vulnerable to situations like this, but theres also the financial benefits of being on the stock market
utd's strong financal power is mainly due to good financial management + being on the stock market(with good share rate)

Crazy Horse

HSC
My heart goes out to all Man U fans - I'd be pretty angry and fustrated at the moment............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)