Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Horse

HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
veron was basically injured most of last season, but i agree he isnt suited to epl where he isnt given as much spac. however he is consistently good for united in the champions league. while he isnt worth 26mil or whatever united paid, i think he's been over abused by fans.
I agree Veron is over abused by many fans as well. It annoys me a great deal too.

Constip8edSkunk said:
cassano was another who slipped through the united's net a few years back
jim_green said:
Cassano has worse attitude problems than Rooney and Diouf put together. I'm not sure if Fergie's old heart would've survived him.
As for Cassano - yea he does have an attitude problem. His has been having problems with Roma for quite a while now but even so his is a good player. Last I heard Real were looking into buying him.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Fuckin Utd wouldn't pay extra fo Ronaldinho, even the man himself said he wanted to join Utd. Same wit Robben, fuckin Kenyon.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Arsenal 7-0 Everton

Champions League my 'Arse'. I bet this will give the FA some serious food for thought about picking Everton to compete in the Champions League next season if Liverpool win the CL. Heck if I were the FA I'd be embarrassed to let Everton compete even if there wasn't an alternative team to push for it :D

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
yeh it just proves that there is a major gulf in quality between the first three and the rest of the league, but man yoo are in decline and will only get worse until martin o'neill turns up to replace fergie in the future.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
I'm sure clubs from all over Europe can't wait to get stuck into this lot nxt season!

Everton FC - pride of Merseyside :rolleyes:

HSC
Linkage

Sydney F.C will play the Mariners in the Final. Sydney overcame Perth 2-1, whilst Central Coast suprisingly hammered the bejebers out of Adelaide 4-0. First they beat Newcastle and now Adelaide, maybe the Mariners won't be wooden spooners after all!

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
van der vaart 4 Liverpool :p

or not...how about less injuries

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Question to jim, Diana, AC* et al.

How could you make the final of the Champions League and still be six points behind that collection of shite?

Maybe you can guys can battle it out against each other in the UEFA Cup next season :)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Screw VDV. We already have 2 decent left wingers (1 of them potentially world class), and we're rumoured to be looking at Vincente as well. Why would we go after a dude that's barely played a match all season. It doesn't make much sense to me. We're supposedly offering Monaco 'their pick' of our French players: Cheyrou, Traore or Diarra. That'll be a superb signing. If Kewell can sort himself out and we can get Evra our left flank will be very dangerous next season.

Hectic- I could give you a tonne of reasons. New manager, players whose styles need time to adjust, injuries galore.. they all contribute to an inconsistent season. I think ultimately though we're just still not quite there yet. We've got about 4 or 5 potentially world class players (Cisse, Gerrard, Carragher, Alonso, Kewell, Morientes), but the rest are either only good squad players (Hyypia, Biscan, Riise, Dudek, Baros), or just crap players who've had a good season (Traore). If we win the CL Rafa will have a very decent amount of money to shell out this silly season, and we'll be able to ship out the rest of Houllier's dross.

Crazy Horse

HSC
Italian Hotshot said:
Omg it just hit me ... Diana is a gal!
I laughed soo hard when I read that...:)

jim_green said:
Very perceptive Erkel :p
LOL! Very perceptive indeed.:rolleyes:

HeCtic said:
Question to jim, Diana, AC* et al.

How could you make the final of the Champions League and still be six points behind that collection of shite?

Maybe you can guys can battle it out against each other in the UEFA Cup next season:)
With everything thrown at us this season coming 5th is not too bad. I've stated reasons a million and one times - I don't think anyone really cares to hear them again.

Looking forward to becoming CL champions this season - UEFA next :D

Last edited:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Why are you giving up hope so soon Diana? I'm quite confident that if we take the CL we'll be given the nod ahead of Everton. The blueshite will be pissed, but they only have to look at a scoreline like last night's to see why they don't deserve it.

Crazy Horse

HSC
jim_green said:
Why are you giving up hope so soon Diana? I'm quite confident that if we take the CL we'll be given the nod ahead of Everton. The blueshite will be pissed, but they only have to look at a scoreline like last night's to see why they don't deserve it.
Lennart Johansson has backed Liverpool's bid to defend the UEFA Champions League if they lift the trophy in Istanbul later this month.
The Uefa president has told Sky Sports News that he supports the Merseysiders' cause but stressed the final decision rests with The Football Assosiation handing in a formal request

I can't see the FA allowing us to go through and not Everton even if we do win but I'm keeping my fingers crossed..

On the CL - Liverpool will be wearing red :D!!! AC will be in white

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
It's silly season and as far as retaining players of those rumored to leave goes, I reckon both Arsenal and L'pool would be better served if they choose to stick with Bergkamp and Hamann. If Hamann does leave it better not be to Bolton coz then he'd just stuff himself up for German selection in the WC.

And the Utd board have made it official that Fergie would only be able to make acquisitions if he offloads some of the players. And he better act fast too coz Chelsea have already had an offer rejected for Essien. I don't think Utd fans could bare another close call in terms of signings, especially if that slimeball Peter Kenyon comes up trumps.

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
Good on Chelsea, if there is one area of weakness, one area of player shortage, one area that needs reinforcement its their midfield. I'm sure Scott Parker agrees that they're short in that department. God Peter Kenyon is a worm, the hide of the man, and now he's tryin to snare Rio and unfortunately for Man U Rio is a prima donna and a london party boy, so while I think he will stay I don't hold my breath because he isn't the world's most loyal character.

I think MU may have to bite the bullet and get rid of fergie because the team is just so stale, even if we get in a manger that is crapper, atleast they'll bring in new ideas and a better eye for talent than the tripe fergie has lumped us with. MEMO: Just do whatever is necessary to get Essien.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I don't know whether Lyon will let Essien go, after rejectin Chelsea it seemz like they prob won't. But then again they might just wanna jack up hiz price. Fuckin Chelsea, stick to yo Gerrard. LoL

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Well.. I don't think Chelsea will beef up their MF anymore. They will however more than likely replace what they offload, and I think those will be:

Geremi-
Smertin-
Johnson
Gallas (He's good, but he doesn't want to stay it seems)
Drogba- Supposedly trying to lure Inter into trading Adriano for Veron.. I don't think Mancini is that stupid
Kezman-

I also have a feeling Cudicini might want to leave. Snap him up Utd. He's great.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Yeah Cudicini won't be expensive, should prove to be a good buy. Howard can also learn under him too. That guyz got potential, too bad hez low on confidence and can't kick a ball properly.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
jim_green said:
We've got about 4 or 5 potentially world class players (Cisse, Gerrard, Carragher, Alonso, Kewell, Morientes)
I would add Luis Garcia to that list as well. From what i have seen of his performances this year I think he is a fantastic player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)