Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
wow ... liverpool under benitez are playing some truely great football, the best i have seen in a long time ... dudek is a weakness, get rid of him or u will suffer ...
luis garcia, alonso, gerrard, kewell and cisse played really well ...
baros goal was class, no panic, all skills ...
ROFLMAO @ real madrid, hahaha the galicticos lose agen and not only lose but get smashed 3-zip and by a german side whom almost got relegated ...
yes wiltord is getting all that bench energy to good use great ball to that other striker ... drew in the defence then passed, beautiful ...
U guys playing in uefa chaps league fantasy football thingy? is der a BOS league?

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
jim_green said:
1. Everyone here, with the possible exception of Reynaldo generally support an EPL team.
eh? i am a Man City fan :)

Real-Legokusen didn't suprise me. Legokusen proved that Real not acquiring Vieira was a disaster.. because its not enough to simply sign a wc defender (Samuel) and expect things to turn out peachy. It even happened to Milan last year.. Deportivo hit 4 goals past Nesta-Maldini.. how? Milan had no midfield in that game - same situation as Real Madrid now.

Berbatov and França are a combination that have always interested me. Bebatov has had a stunning start to this season.. i think he hit 2 against Munchen in the 4-1 demolition. França is definently a technical player.. he's a Paulista i think from Corinthians or Internacional (not sure) and seems to bond well with Dimitar. I thought Leverkusen would get weaker by signing Milan reject Rocky Jonur but in fact they are doing quite well.. i'd say Ramelow is giving a pretty sizeable contribution to their success..

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
By all accounts Samuel had a shite match.. oh well whatever. As long as they steer well clear of Gerrard they can do whatever they like. Actually based on results so far they seem to be actually doing worse than last year.. all the leaky defense and a lot less of the attacking flair.

Interesting that the sbs commentators (I think it was Simon Hill) mentioned that Barca's group is the 'group of death'. Personally I would've thought Milan and Barca won't come close to being threatened on the way through. Especially true now that Real and probably Roma have both dropped 3 points in their first match. Wouldn't be all that surprised of Leverkusen and Kiev go through instead.

RUB!X said:
dudek is a weakness, get rid of him or u will suffer ...
I agree, he was called on to come into play something like 3 times, once a simple save and twice where he should've come out to gather, but was too nervous both times. It could've costed us big time if Saviola and Chevanton were playing.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
lets go liverpool...against monaco, gr8 stuf all round, i'd buy all the guys a beer, cept im in sydney, n im unda the age of 18...BUT if i was there n 18, i WOULD...

unlucky for the other teams though, gr8 teams like real n man utd (yes im a liverpool fan, but i dont realllly hate them) failing to play n win like every1 expects...pity...

n one thing, bloody FOX dipsh*ts take away the EPL, especially the highlights show, i do have fox sports so im not too bad off, but still! i now suffer from mondayitis again coz of no gr8 highlights show at 7:30...

T

timbk2

i thought the highlights show was still on fox.
i saw it like a month ago when they had fox in the hotel room iwas staying in. at like 9:30pm

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
yep, EPL highlights u should know is on like wed nites at about 9:30, which is damn late 4 soccer, its getting past it a bit (it dus go 4 a good hour, n u wanna b awake when those brilliant plays r made)

but the monaco/liverpool game (or jus general champions league) highlights, i dunno, im surprised fox hasnt taken that away too, cheapasses, its a disappointment, n did u hear about how the EPL highlights show was one of SBS's best rating shows n stuff (like consistent etc) its a sad state of affairs, especially withn the anti-siphoning laws etc for other sports, when soccer dusnt have them....

but, watch the sbs sports show at 7 weeknites to c all the goals from the big games, i know its not as good, but its betta than none

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Yeah its fantastic to see Liverpool play 'sexy', free-flowing football again, unlyk the dull, one-dimensional style Houllier played with.

I was 40mins late for my 9am lecture on Thurs. morning, cos of the football but it was well worth it :)

I believe SBS is showing a replay of the Bayer Leverkusen vs Real Madrid game, followed by the UCL magazine program on Sunday arvo.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
yeh, liverpool, im glad im a fan, im also glad i woke up early, the best first 20 minutes i've seen them play FOR AGES, garcia n alonso jus seemed to have that one-touch passing we all want, sets up wingers n the strikers, especially cisse (considering hes bloody quick)

ahhh, possibly we'll have a team to rival that of the great 80's...maybe....

T

timbk2

i was tempted to go to work late... but commonsense prevailed.

i watched the first half and got the score as soon as i got to work.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
yeh, its good, younger players, it means that if they stay as a unit n play well, then we, i, i mean liverpool fans n the club have got a good team that should be together for a few years...

betta teams across the board, well, every team means we all get betta entertainment

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
No doubt there's a lot of talent in their squad now, but one fine performance ain't gonna convince me.

Let's see if they can keep up this "sexy" attacking football over a whole season and still get results.

Still leagues behind Arsenal, Chelsea and Manyoo for now.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
yeh, i agree, but it is still a good sign, we at least know they can play that way, which is mroe than what they were doing combined for the past 2 seaons at least (no offence to houllier)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)