Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Yeah.. Defoe+Rooney will be England's future as far as strikers go that's for sure. Quite possible that he might even upstage Owen if he keeps up this sort of form. All depends on whether Sven can keep up this adventurous spirit. Defoe as the natural no.10 while Rooney plays a bit deeper, will be a partnership to behold. Now if Sven just gets rid of Beckham for Wright-Phillips and find a decent left winger and make a good keeper out of Robinson, they'd be set.

^___^
HSC
i dun think england will able to find any proper natural left winger for 06..thought i like to see Bridge there, i guess he then cole and be more agressive on the counter since wayne can cover the left back position...

as for strikers..hmm...england is pretty rich in this department..like Rooney, Smith, Owen, Defoe and i'm sure theres a lot of youngsters coming to ranks over the next yr or so

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
bloody hell how unlucky is man utd this season... saha is injured again, rooney is still injured, gary neville and oshea now picked up injuries as well.... it'll be a tough game against bolton this weekend

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Don't worry Man Utd always come through (I mean, they're going to all be injuried for the rest of the season. And Man Utd aren't that poor to buy temp replacements if need be.)

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
Man Utd has already lost the premiership. I dont think they are gonna be able to come back. Manchester no longer has that sense of always being able to come back. Like after the treble, even if they were 2-0 down, you always thought they could salvage a draw or even win. And when they where like heaps of pts behind arsenal in the premiership a few yrs back, everyone believed they could bridge the gap. But not anymore. HAHAHAHHAHA

Numero Uno

HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
bloody hell how unlucky is man utd this season... saha is injured again, rooney is still injured, gary neville and oshea now picked up injuries as well.... it'll be a tough game against bolton this weekend
You forgot Van Nistleroy
Hes fuking up my Fantasy Premier league Team

Big game this weekend
Aston Villa V Chelsea .. im predicting a Shocking result :) Go Villa !

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
yeh but hes been out for ages now.... as has ferdinand (not from injury tho the idiot) ... solsjaer, fortune is also N/A and fletcher only just came back....

its gonna b
Howard;
P Neville/Spector, Keane, Silvestre, Heinze;
Ronaldo, Djemba, Fletcher, Giggs;
Scholes;
Smith.
with
Carroll,Kleberson, Bellion, Spector/P Neville, Eagles, on the bench?

along with the past few weeks itd gotta b the worst 1st team lineaup i can remember in recent times

Edit:
Champions League starting on tuesday... the FA had so rigged the draw...

Last edited:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Van Nistelrooy is back from injury, expected to be rested against Bolton for the match against Lyon next week.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
link

Kop stars hate each other

By PAT SHEEHAN

LIVERPOOL flop El-Hadji Diouf says Kop stars HATE each other.

The Senegal striker claims that is the reason the Mersey giants have failed to mount a Premiership title challenge.

Diouf, 23, now at Bolton on loan, said: “It was a shambles there. The players had enemies amongst themselves.

“The squad was not close-knit. The French were on one side, the English and Czechs on the other.

“It’s a great relief to have left Liverpool. Houllier never managed to get the respect of players.”

Diouf, who scored three League goals in 55 appearances for Liverpool, could still be fined by the Reds despite being on loan.

What a cunt :D. Sour grapes anyone?

Numero Uno

HSC
HeCtic said:
link

Kop stars hate each other

By PAT SHEEHAN

LIVERPOOL flop El-Hadji Diouf says Kop stars HATE each other.

The Senegal striker claims that is the reason the Mersey giants have failed to mount a Premiership title challenge.

Diouf, 23, now at Bolton on loan, said: “It was a shambles there. The players had enemies amongst themselves.

“The squad was not close-knit. The French were on one side, the English and Czechs on the other.

“It’s a great relief to have left Liverpool. Houllier never managed to get the respect of players.”

Diouf, who scored three League goals in 55 appearances for Liverpool, could still be fined by the Reds despite being on loan.

What a cunt :D. Sour grapes anyone?
Lol
Mate its "The Sun" newspaper dont believe what those poms have to say ;)

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
at least they are doing better w/out diouf lol...though hes doing ok for bolton

how did silvestre get so shit lately....

cahill got sent off for celebrating after scoring the winning goal...what a joke...

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Come on.. it's Diouf we're talking about here, from a tabloid newspaper no less. This is the same tabloid that features a topless model on page 3 every day. Not exactly the most respectable source lads ;)

T

timbk2

i'd respect any newspaper that features topless models everyday.. lol

^___^
HSC
g.neville out for a month..
hmm..gotta love the ref for the fulham - arsenal game :p

another gunner's masterpiece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)