Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Ashley must be in a lot of debt, poor guy.

Oh and Liverpool will play in the Championz League next season.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Liverpool allowed to defend title

Friday, 10 June 2005

The UEFA Champions League holders Liverpool FC will compete in next season's UEFA Champions League first qualifying round.

Right to defend
The UEFA Executive Committee decided to amend the regulations for the future editions of the Champions League, so that the holders will have the right to defend their title and therefore qualify automatically. At the same time, the number of clubs allowed per national association will remain stable based on coefficient ranking.

Exceptional decision
Exceptionally, for the upcoming season, the Executive Committee today decided to allow the current Champions League holders to defend their title. The UEFA Executive Committee also decided that:

- Liverpool would enter the competition in the first qualifying round, to be played on 12/13 and 19/20 July, with the draw taking place on 24 June.
- There will be no country protection for Liverpool.
- Liverpool will be included in the English market pool share with the status of lowest-placed English club.

Oh gawd, please Liverpool vs Manyoo in the third round. It'd be the ultimate.

Please please please.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I expect Liverpool will be first seeds regardless of the qualification process, so that would probably rule out a match up with Utd in the 3rd round. Could play Everton though, man that would be fun :D

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
That linesman sure would've come in handy against Bayern huh? Oh wait.. not he wouldn't. ;)

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Benny_ said:
That linesman sure would've come in handy against Bayern huh? Oh wait.. not he wouldn't. ;)
Actually we had Reyes and Henry called offside when clean through at Highbury. So maybe he would have.

Crazy Horse

HSC
HeCtic said:
Always thought he was pretty attractive but he looks like an idiot in the May and March pic's. I like the more arrogant pic's of him like the Feb one.

Elrich joining Fulham is great news. I'm glad his playing in the Premiership since thats where he wanted to be. Hopefully given time he'll impress and move on to a better team.

HeCtic said:
"The Observer was cock-a-hoop about its exclusive interview last Sunday with footballer of the moment, Ashley Cole. But the feature nearly fell through.

Cole had initially agreed to do the interview on the proviso that The Observer kit him out in a Prada suit. No problem there until he wanted to keep the suit and asked the paper to take care of the matter. Prada wasn't prepared to play ball so editors were left frantically asking favours from other designers to keep the Arsenal footballer happy. He eventually walked off with a £1,000 suit from Paul Smith.

Ashley earns £50,000 a week. In his Observer photo last weekend he wore not only the suit but a wristband proclaiming... Make Poverty History."

Wow, that's bad, really really bad.
Agreed. He keeps digging a deeper hole for himself...

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
i hate arsenal but for arsenal's sake i hope he goes to chelsea because chelsea is the team everyone hates.

Crazy Horse

HSC
HeCtic said:

The UEFA Champions League holders Liverpool FC will compete in next season's UEFA Champions League first qualifying round.

Oh gawd, please Liverpool vs Manyoo in the third round. It'd be the ultimate.

Please please please.
Manyoo? Who? Nah I'd like to face Chelsea.................and end their dreams again. :D

Bah - this is great news.

Benny_ said:
We beat them in the CL last season didn't we? ;)
Sure did. Forget HeCtic - his just negative cause of all this Cole saga and the fact his team got nothing on us. :D

Crazy Horse

HSC
blackfriday said:
i hate arsenal but for arsenal's sake i hope he goes to chelsea because chelsea is the team everyone hates.
What does it matter if Chelsea is the team everyone hates? If you hate Arsenal why would you want him to go to Chelski for their sake?:confused:

Crazy Horse

HSC
blackfriday said:
no team deserves to have such a dickhead like him in their team.
Oh I don't know.............I reckon he'd fit in quite well at United with Rooney.....

Jokes. No team should have to put up with a player like that especially considering the amount of money his making per week.

Crazy Horse

HSC
blackfriday said:
why is it that character defects are part and parcel of being a professional footballer?
Character defects are part of being human. There are idiots who play every sport but professional footballers happen to have the spotlight on their lives a little more than other sportsmen/women. I think this is due to the amount of money and the how popular the game is - so stories will sell A LOT. Unfortunately we hear all the negative aspects about the player more often because how many people really want to hear about Cole visiting hospitals to sign autographs for sick children? There might be a little column somewhere at the back for his good deeds but this whole saga has been front-page news in England for quite a while.

Besides that -
HeCtic said:
As for footballer's being slaves. Pfft, it's the kind of slavery I've dreamt of all my life.
How many young men dream to play professionally and so for those that make it really big like Rooney or Cole – its understandable that it gets to their heads. They shouldn't get away with things because they're footballers but the egos? The guys I know have massive egos because they make rep in some sport or get laid at some party - imagine having money, car, women (or men for some), property, fame and great sporting ability!

How many people can honestly say that they would still be humble after attaining so much wealth and co :)

Last edited:

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
yeh thats true. you would feel like God, but with more money if you live that life long enough.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Australia v Benin starting in 5 minutes on SBS.

Be interesting to see Dilevski and Timpano play. Heard a lot about them recently.

Crazy Horse

HSC
HeCtic said:
Australia v Benin starting in 5 minutes on SBS.

Be interesting to see Dilevski and Timpano play. Heard a lot about them recently.
Should be good.

SBS are showing the Beach Football highlights on Sunday 2-4pm. That should be good as well. :D

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Beach footie you say? Do they let you play with a beer or joint in hand like we were doing at Byron last year ;)

Oh and Newcastle are apparently trying to sign SWP for 12million. Dream on cunts, dream on.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)