• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
Aimar is a great player. But I doubt he would leave Spain to come play in England. The continental players generally never leave to go across the channel. The two games are too different.

HSC
Inter Milan 3 - Anderlecht 1.

Who says we need Vieri when we have the hottest Brazlian striker in the world on our side - Adriano! The Champions Leauge title is coming to the black and blue side of the San Siro this season. :D

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
FFS, another passionless performance from Arsenal today. Looked like they thought they'd win by just turning up.

I can't see us winning in Europe this season, we don't know how to. Last season and seasons before that we went all gung-ho no matter who we were playing and what the situation is. Doing that we either won big or got slaughtered.

This season we're playing like we're too afraid of being caught on the counter and too afraid of outmuscling players in midfield. Fuck me, this is shite.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
vanbasten said:
It would have been cool if Aimar came in (damn pre-season transfer rumuors). With Aimar, who needs Gerrard.
Aimar plays in the hole ala Luis Garcia, Gerrard plays combatitive MF. Alonso could fill in and do more defending, but then his passing talents would be wasted.

What about Rooney though ey? Sure it was against Fenabrahce (Sp?) but still a damn fine debut performance. Already the soccernet polls have put him as England's number 1 striker.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Italian Hotshot said:
Inter Milan 3 - Anderlecht 1.

Who says we need Vieri when we have the hottest Brazlian striker in the world on our side - Adriano! The Champions Leauge title is coming to the black and blue side of the San Siro this season. :D

Inter winning a major trophy?

heh

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
jim_green said:
What about Rooney though ey? Sure it was against Fenabrahce (Sp?) but still a damn fine debut performance. Already the soccernet polls have put him as England's number 1 striker.
Bloody Typical. the guy has one good game and they are saying he is englands best striker. It was like when he first started premier league with everton. he had one good game and they are calling him the new Pele. lol

slip

HSC
has anyone else read that the adeliade bid for the new national league has pulled out.

apart from perth they were the only team that actually has had success

the new competition is screwed already

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
Is Arjen Robben Dead?
I dont think i have seen that guy play yet for chelsea!! why doesnt he just leave and go to Arsenal :D

oh and i cant believe arsenal drew with freakin rosenberg... or whoever

edit: and why does Van Persie never play!!

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Robben played a lot more than Duff earlier on in the season, not sure what Mourinho did to him. Arsenal has Pires, be satisfied with your lot. Van Persie played against Rosenborg as a sub, he's not playing because he's down the pecking order from Reyes, Henry and Bergkamp. I doubt he'll get much of a look in this season, except maybe in the away Champions League matches when Bergkamp's fear of flying prevents him from playing.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
duff is doing a good job tho... funny how those 2 swap injuries... its like hey so you wanna play now? ...ok ill get injured.

viera and lauren had a bust up.... lol

owen finally had a reality check and realised he is no where near as good as the other 3 strikers in recent years and wants out of Real now... now beckham on the other hand...

^___^
HSC
i thought owen should've known before he went :p

i mean, as if he can replace raul/morientes/ronaldo that quick
but problem is, if he was to played under beneitez's one striker policy, same would happened

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I don't know, the way Baros and Cisse have started the season there's a chance Owen would still be first choice. Oh well, I'm fairly sure they'll gel and come good. Now if we can just fix up Kewell and buy Gallas we'll be a force to be reckoned with.. a good RM would be useful too.

Also.. Schwarzer might be heading to Man U. Seems Fergie wants to offload Roy Carroll (I don't see why, he's done no more wrong than Howard), so it should be a huge opportunity for him.

Last edited:

dirty dave

Banned
HSC
N/A
reno2004 said:
Bloody Typical. the guy has one good game and they are saying he is englands best striker. It was like when he first started premier league with everton. he had one good game and they are calling him the new Pele. lol
well its not like England is spolit for choice...shearer not included

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
England have 2 good strikers in Rooney and Defoe, they're England's future for certain.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Why is it that Real buy players who are fading fast... I guess they become galacticos once they've proven themselves and are on the decline.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Chelsea have the special 1-0 winning mental, unlike their London rivals who have a 3/4-0 winning mentality - of course, in the EPL, whereas in the ECL, Chelsea have a 3-1/0 winning mentality, and their London rivals have a 1-1/0 winning/drawing mentality.

Lampard's quality; how many other midfielders get to miss so many opportunities. And Drogba is a waste, thank goodness he's injuried. Too bad his replacements are also injuried atm. Kezman is good against frail Dutch defenses.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Man U can only draw wit Boro who were missin a lot of players. Fergie should've started Smith alongside Van Nistelrooy, that was the way I expected them to start, but no, Rooney had to be there.

Also I don't really like O'Shea bein in midfield...

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
flyin' said:
Chelsea have the special 1-0 winning mental, unlike their London rivals who have a 3/4-0 winning mentality - of course, in the EPL, whereas in the ECL, Chelsea have a 3-1/0 winning mentality, and their London rivals have a 1-1/0 winning/drawing mentality.

Are you trolling us mate :D :D :D :D !?!?!?

I give it a 4/10 for effort ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)