• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
So much news, especially comming out of Inter. First we get Solari and now we are most likely going to get Samuel on loan for a season. And can someone please expalin to me why the hell Robet would sign for a rubbish side like Pompey? :rolleyes:

Pity about the late nights I've had this week cramming for exams - Confed Cup starts tonight and the starting side has just been announced. Not too bad, though our defence is still giving me nightmares. I would've love to seen Kalac in goals instead of Schwarzer and it is great to see Aloisi finally getting some credit in the national side. Viduka+Aloisi = hot prospect. :p

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
UCL 2004/05 Club Earnings (£m)

(Top10)

Liverpool 21.5 winners
Chelsea 19.8 semi
AC Milan 17.5 final
Arsenal 16.7 last 16
Lyon 13.6 quarter
Bayern Munich 12.3 quarter
Werder Bremen 11.4 last 16
Manchester United 11.6 last 16
Barcelona 10.7 last 16
PSV Eindhoven 10.5 semi

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Never thought watchin China in the World Youth Championship would be so entertainin. They've impressed me, I just hope they don't become rubbish in 4 yrz time when itz time fo WC placez.

Crazy Horse

HSC
slip said:
anyways liverpool supporters will tell you gerard is not the best player in the world. they will say that alonso and cara were better all season.

and ill tell you that through out the season chelsea was a far more consistent and thus better team and that lampard was a far more consistent and better player.
Yes - Although he is a fantastic player - he is not best in the world. I agree completely.

As much as I hate to admit it - Chelsea have been a much more consistent team and that's why they finished first in the EPL.

slip said:
you can have those fans for the next 50 years i dont mind. Or maybe they will come back when we get the quintuplet (charity, fa, carling, premier, champs) next year and go back to liverpool when they win the premier league in 50 years (after spending 48 years battling man utd in the lower leagues after getting relagted this season...)
Why how generous of you!

Liverpool is on the way up with Benitez in charge – I mentioned a while ago that I thought he would be the man to lead us to glory and after a season we have the CL trophy to back that up. This season? I’m thinking we’ll hit another trophy – what that is I have no idea but mark my words – another trophy we’ll get! :D

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Alwayz Diana said:
I’m thinking we’ll hit another trophy – what that is I have no idea but mark my words – another trophy we’ll get! :D
Toyota Cup, thatz all you'll get. :D

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I think we'll be concentrating on the league this year to be honest, the league or the CL again. The rest of it is scarcely worth a dime... figuratively.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I didn't know you were a trotters man bazookajoe. For some reason I had deluded myself into thinking you were a Red!

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Never! Trotters for life! Been going really well last few seasons, hope we can maintain it this season. We got a few good players coming in so it's looking good.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Great signing for the toon, should compensate for the probable loss of Bowyer to Birmingham.

T

timbk2

will be intersting who they get to replace Robert .. they've been linked with Emre, as with liverpool

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Liverpool are supposedly going to sign Mark González, a Chilean winger in the mold of Reyes. Good stuff.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
£160,000/week in wages is not a good move, for anyone. That's £8mil a year!

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
THE SUN

# Michael Owen has told Real Madrid that he wants to join Chelsea if he is forced to move, with Real hopeful of landing Blues' midfielder Frank Lampard.

# El Hadji Diouf is poised to sign a four-year deal with Bolton.

# Blackburn are set to make a £750,000 bid to re-sign former Rovers striker Andy Cole from Fulham.

# Real Madrid are preparing a £30m bid for Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard.

# Samuel Eto'o has warned Barcelona to meet his wage demands or he will opt to join Chelsea.

# Newcastle will today complete the £7m signing of Chelsea midfielder Scott Parker even though their bid was topped by Wigan.

# Newcastle midfielder Lee Bowyer will have to take a pay-cut to join Birmingham.

# Ipswich want to sign Rotherham keeper Mike Pollitt after he snubbed a move to Leeds.

# George Burley is set to become the new boss of Millwall following talks, with former Millwall boss Dennis Wise poised to join Southampton.

# Middlesbrough coach Steve Round is set to become Derby's new boss if the Rams fail to land Preston boss Billy Davies.

# West Brom boss Bryan Robson wants to check on Liverpool keeper Chris Kirkland's fitness before progressing with a loan move.

DAILY STAR

# Arsenal have launched a bid to snatch Villarreal keeper Jose Reina from under the noses of Liverpool.

# Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has offered Luis Figo a two-year deal to come to Anfield.

# Cristiano Ronaldo is looking to treble his wages at Manchester United.

# Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson wants number two Carlos Queiroz to be his successor.

# Chelsea have not given up their pursuit of Real Betis winger Joaquin and could pay £30m for the Spain international.

# Tottenham are lining up a move for Inter Milan winger Kily Gonzalez.

# Celtic manager Gordon Strachan wants to lure Birmingham defender Matthew Upson to Parkhead.

# Blackburn boss Mark Hughes has been given the green light to bring former striker Andy Cole back to Ewood Park from Fulham for £750,000.

# Sheffield United boss Neil Warnock is keen to sign Reading forward Nicky Forster, with Millwall and QPR also interested.

# Nottingham Forest keeper Paul Gerrard could move to Ipswich following the sale of Kelvin Davis to Sunderland.

DAILY MIRROR

# Bolton are ready to offer Luis Figo a £60,000 per-week contract having met with the Real Madrid star's agents.

# Chelsea and Manchester United have both made big-money bids for Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o.

# Arsenal are interested in signing Sweden international keeper Andreas Isaksson from Rennes.

# Middlesbrough coach Steve Round has emerged as a surprise contender for the Derby County manager's job.

# Manchester City boss Stuart Pearce has made a £1m bid for Everton striker Marcus Bent.

# Birmingham fans have launched an internet protest against the club's plan to sign Lee Bowyer from Newcastle.

# Middlesbrough have joined Newcastle and Blackburn in the race to sign former Rangers captain Craig Moore.

# Kakha Kaladze will discuss his move from AC Milan to Chelsea in Moscow today.

# Sheffield United manager Neil Warnock has inquired about Cardiff trio Alan Lee, Peter Thorne and Cameron Jerome.

DAILY EXPRESS

# Cristiano Ronaldo is to demand a pay rise to take his weekly wage to £60,000 in the wake of Malcolm Glazer's takeover of Manchester United.

# AZ Alkmaar technical director Martin van Geel says he is happy at the Dutch club and doesn't intend becoming Tottenham's new sporting director.

# Newcastle midfielder Lee Bowyer must take a pay cut if he is to join Birmingham.

# Middlesbrough are close to finalising the deal to bring Bayer Leverkusen full-back Emanuel Pogatetz to the Riverside.

DAILY MAIL

# Shaun Wright-Phillips says that he will turn his back on a possible £20m move to Chelsea and see out his four-year contract with Manchester City, despite Jose Mourinho targeting the England winger after failing to prise Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United.

# Newcastle's Lee Bowyer is set to join Birmingham on a free transfer.

# Middlesbrough boss Steve McClaren warns Spurs they have no hope of landing winger Stewart Downing.

# Spurs "have signed" Leeds' 18-year-old midfielder Aaron Lennon in a £1m deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)