Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
... said:
if i had a sister, i wouldn't mind her digging dwight's wallet cos i might benefit from it too :p
dam straight...apparently dwighty's lookin for a ferrari to buy...i'd say whoever's sister managed to get into dwight's wallet would be pretty well off

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
GERRARD EXIT RUMOURS GROW

The doubts over Steven Gerrard's Liverpool future are continuing to grow.

On Saturday The Sun reported that contract talks between the England midfielder and the European champions had reached crisis point.

And Sunday's tabloids are full of speculation that the Anfield skipper could be about to leave Merseyside.

* The News of the World claims Gerrard fears he is being bombed out of the club by boss Rafael Benitez.

* The Sunday Mirror also says Gerrard fears he is being forced out after the club failed to make him a new contract offer.

* The People says Gerrard fears Liverpool are ready to sell him to fund a massive spending spree. He believes the European champions want him out - with Chelsea the likely £30million buyers.

* The Mail On Sunday also throws out the Chelsea link, saying the possibility of a move to Stamford Bridge for Gerrard has reopened.

Chelsea are likely to be the only club who could afford the likely transfer fee for Gerrard.

Even Real Madrid have reportedly balked at the thought of paying around £30million for him.

Lookz like the good newz just keep on comin.

Crazy Horse

HSC
Roar is trialing a former Argentinian youth international who has been playing 1st division Columbia but now wishes to move to Australia. Also two of their players striker Michael Baird and midfielder Jordan Simpson are carrying serious injuries and so might miss the beginning of the A-league.
Jason Petkovic has signed a 3yr deal with Perth Glory - so thats good news for them.

As for Gerrard leaving - Complete rubbish. The papers are basically printing the same articles they were last year and earlier this year - the only difference is the change of dates. Gerrards come out and said he wishes to stay and with that made know the club don't need to rush to extend his contract - they'll want to focus on the other signings that need to be made by the 6th of July.

Edit: Van Persie's been released and allowed to return to England but still remains under investigation...

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Well the concernin thing fo Pool fanz iz that I don't remember anyone in the past weekz sayin anythin about Gerrardz contract. So the speculationz do have a certain degree of substance.

And if Rafa don't come out and say somethin in thiz week, then it may well be true.

EDIT: Well Liverpool just stated they want to keep Gerrard, but thatz what they alwayz say.

Last edited:

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Happy Birthday Diana!

*blows party streamers*

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Gerrard's agent has apparently just appeared on Sky Sports and made a statement along the lines of "Contract talks with Liverpool have broken down and are unlikely to restart"... So you wanted to win things Stevie, well now we're Champions of Europe and you can't wait to get out :mad:

Ok speaking rationally.. I don't know why this has happened. It seemed so certain he'd resign at the end of the season and now this.. something must have gone terribly wrong. I imagine that some details will be made cleared to us soon. Rafa has stayed very quiet about this and I imagine if the rumours about a bust up at training was true, he and/or Gerrard will both speak out about it.. after Gerrard's gone. I realise that there's been a lot of talk about Gerrard being 'forced out', but I'll believe it when a more official, public statement comes out.

My theory is that Gerrard's unhappy about the signings we've made so far. The fans have been disappointed with our links to the likes of has-beens like Zenden, and unproven youngsters like Gonzalez and as one of Liverpool's biggest fans, I think Gerrard would have been too. He's spoken about it throughout last season and this has been a superdull break. If this is the reason Gerrard's leaving, then I would be quite disappointed with him. It seems we're on the cusp of getting back to the glory days and he's ditching us because he's lacking in a little patience with the transfers.

Well.. that's my theory anyway. There has been a lot of talk on Koptalk about how Rafa can't handle big players like Gerrard and Owen. At this stage I don't know if there's any truth in that talk, but I don't want to believe it. I would much prefer it if losing Stevie was a case of another player getting too big-headed than if our manager simply couldn't handle the top players.

Sorry Diana, this must be pretty lousy news to hear on your birthday . :p

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
rafa just signs players which are not a threat to him i guess. look at fergie, he's in the process of signing nobody players also.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
LMF^^,

your sig is destroying my bandwidth.

2 Megs farken!!
Soz mate, I'll leave the biggest one on just fo you. :)

Well lookz like Gerrard iz close to leavin, I had a feelin that thiz would happen.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Gerrard can come to Man Utd anytime he wants...and just to annoy Diana on her birthday...Xabi Alonso can come as well :p

...oh, and Happy Birthday Diana! :D

Last edited:

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Gerrard out - Bolo Zenden in...

Watch out Chelsea and Arsenal next season

bahahahahahahahahaha......

Crazy Horse

HSC
Benny_ said:
Happy Birthday Diana!

RUB!X said:
Happy Birthday Diana!

*blows party streamers*
Ah chucks guys :D lol - thanks heaps!

Benny_ said:
Sorry Diana, this must be pretty lousy news to hear on your birthday . :p
haha – it doesn’t matter – Saturday nights when the celebration begins! :)

Ok in regards to the Gerrard saga…

RAFA: 4 SIGNED, 2 OR 3 MORE TO COME
Rafael Benitez has today confirmed he has signed four new players ahead of the start of next season - with the promise of two or three more to come before the end of the week.

Dutch star Bolo Zenden was officially unveiled as a Liverpool player this afternoon after completing his free transfer from Middlesbrough and he could make his debut in Saturday's friendly at Wrexham.

Benitez also revealed the club have now completed the signing of goalkeeper Jose Reina from Villareal while Mark Gonzales has signed from Albacete and young right back Antonio Barragan has arrived from Sevilla.

The Liverpool boss said: "We have today introduced Bolo Zenden as a Liverpool player but we have also signed Jose Reina, the best goalkeeper in Spain, Mark Gonzales, the best player in Chile and Antonio Barragan.

"We will be signing two or three more players this week."

Supports what I had to say about the club dealing with other signings. If Gerrard does leave that’s ok, I don’t want to see him go but at the end of the day it’s the team that counts. His a major part of it but not ALL of it. I’ll be keeping my fingers cross he stays though...

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

HSC
matt#1 said:
Gerrard can come to Man Utd anytime he wants...and just to annoy Diana on her birthday...Xabi Alonso can come as well :p

...oh, and Happy Birthday Diana! :D
HELL NO! Alonso isn’t going anywhere!!! :D

HeCtic said:
Gerrard out - Bolo Zenden in...

Watch out Chelsea and Arsenal next season

bahahahahahahahahaha......
You know HeCtic don't be too surprised if we kick your arses next season with or without Gerrard - your jinxes and/or predictions concerning Liverpool always have a way of backfiring!

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Alwayz Diana said:
You know HeCtic don't be too surprised if we kick your arses next season with or without Gerrard - your jinxes and/or predictions concerning Liverpool always have a way of backfiring!
I'm not baiting any Liverpool fans till they are knocked out of the Champions League next season.

Chelsea are still a mile ahead of you as far as having a League winning squad is concerned. Bolo Zenden, Reina and a few kids aren't going to close a 37 point gap.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
lol yeh ...especially if gerrard comes to man utd.... :D

wouldnt mind him at milan either.

it'll be funny if he leaves it to the final day to go tho...

oh yeah and happy bday diana

edit: whoa 3 post magically appeared when i typed this out

matt#1

HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
Chelsea are still a mile ahead of you as far as having a League winning squad is concerned. Bolo Zenden, Reina and a few kids aren't going to close a 37 point gap.
i think that if they have a less horrific run with injuries next season they will be able to close that 37 point gap to some extent

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)