Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Meh man utd they cant buy Gerrard, they are too much in debt imo. If gerrard was to come someone BIG would have to leave i reckon.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
If Chelsea don't get Gilardino, wonder who they'll go to fo a striker...? They still only have Gudjohnsen, Drogba and Carlton Cole, while I doubt Crespo will be any use to em if he stayed.

While they have a brilliant midfield, they still lack the firepower up front. If they get Gerrard then maybe they'll just opt to play wit a lone striker.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
OFFICIAL: Good bye Stevie G

"The club has made it crystal clear we want to keep Steven at Anfield. Sadly, he has told us this afternoon that he will not accept our offer of an improved and extended contract because he wants to leave Liverpool. We very much regret the decision he has taken."

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
AcStyle* said:
OFFICIAL: Good bye Stevie G

"The club has made it crystal clear we want to keep Steven at Anfield. Sadly, he has told us this afternoon that he will not accept our offer of an improved and extended contract because he wants to leave Liverpool. We very much regret the decision he has taken."

Liverpool can kiss any bargaining power they had with potential buyers goodbye now. Cut price deals now available for their club captain.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
Liverpool can kiss any bargaining power they had with potential buyers goodbye now. Cut price deals now available for their club captain.
Yeah Gerrard played em good there, it will be unlikely fo Chelsea to make a 30mil bid fo him now.

T

timbk2

i'd rather see him at chelsea.. then see liverpool win the league next season with a kick arse squad from all the money they have in the transfer kitty. And see him cry like owen.

Crazy Horse

HSC
My cousin called from there to tell me. I couldn't believe it - I thought he was playing a stupid prank on me but its been made official...

I think I’ve sat staring at the article for 30min in complete shock…

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I felt like that when I heard Beckham waz gon... didn't believe it until it waz made official.

Oh well I would be surprised if Liverpool can get anywhere near the 32mil offer now after Gerrard declared himself available to otherz.

Crazy Horse

HSC
Well Liverpool aren’t a one-man team. It is sad to see him go but I wish him the best and I’m keeping my fingers crossed that he heads to Real instead of Chelsea.
Carra will be receiving the captain’s band and the team will carry on.

... said:
i hope Everton makes a bid!
Speechless...

Crazy Horse

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Yeah Gerrard played em good there, it will be unlikely fo Chelsea to make a 30mil bid fo him now.
LMF^^ said:
Oh well I would be surprised if Liverpool can get anywhere near the 32mil offer now after Gerrard declared himself available to otherz.
Chelsea and Real may not bid 30million straight-out but if they both wish to have him they will have to try outbid each other – driving prices up.

That’s what’s frustrating - Liverpool JUST rejected a 32million offer for him. If we don’t receive 32m or more than many more fans are going to be annoyed that he didn’t make up him mind and screwed the club over.

timbk2 said:
i'd rather see him at chelsea.. then see liverpool win the league next season with a kick arse squad from all the money they have in the transfer kitty. And see him cry like owen.
I want him at Real but there is no way Real can outbid Chelsea. If Gerrard heads to Chelski it is going to be extremely hard for any other club to win the League.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Alwayz Diana said:
That’s what’s frustrating - Liverpool JUST rejected a 32million offer for him. If we don’t receive 32m or more than many more fans are going to be annoyed that he didn’t make up him mind and screwed the club over.
Did you read the article I posted a couple of pagez back...? I think it summed up the situation quite well.

Crazy Horse

HSC
LMF^^ said:
I felt like that when I heard Beckham waz gon... didn't believe it until it waz made official.
Yea – pretty stunning. Ah Alonso/Gerrard midfield pairing was just so great. I can’t believe that’s going to end as well.

... said:
fine fine

Wigan then!!!
That’s better :D

LMF^^ said:
Did you read the article I posted a couple of pagez back...? I think it summed up the situation quite well.
I read the articles but I'm not sure which one your talking about - there have been quite a few about Gerrard articles posted.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Alwayz Diana said:
Chelsea and Real may not bid 30million straight-out but if they both wish to have him they will have to try outbid each other – driving prices up.

You might not like to hear this. But David dein (Arsenal vice-chairman), Luciano Moggi(Juve director) and Franz Beckenbauer all went to Barcelona to meet Joan Laporta this week. Apparently they are trying to strike an arrangement between G-14 clubs to not do business with Chelsea, and to exclude them from the G14 itself. A trade embargo of some sorts.

Similarly Florentino Perez and Kenyon seem to have an agreement where they would not both go for the same players in order to keep prices reasonable. I think Gerrard already knows where he wants to go now and the buying club in question know the price they're willing to pay. Liverpool is pretty much being raped in the tranfer market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)