Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
i wonder how many of Australia's first team will make the trip (or more importantly, how many will find an injury).

matt#1

HSC
N/A
which teams do you guys think will win each of next week's televised Champions League matches;

- Real Madrid or Juventus?
- AC Milan or Man Utd?
- Chelski or Barca?

I'm personally hoping that Real Madrid, Man Utd and Barca win. They should all be great games to watch, but I cant believe that the Chelsea v Barca game wont be shown live.

T

timbk2

flyin' said:
i wonder how many of Australia's first team will make the trip (or more importantly, how many will find an injury).
There will be another friendly against Indonesia 3 days after the iraq game apparently.
So hopefully more will turn out since its not just one match. But then again, a match against iraq/indonesia is something you'd hardly look forward to.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
matt#1 said:
which teams do you guys think will win each of next week's televised Champions League matches;

- Real Madrid or Juventus?
- AC Milan or Man Utd?
- Chelski or Barca?

I'm personally hoping that Real Madrid, Man Utd and Barca win. They should all be great games to watch, but I cant believe that the Chelsea v Barca game wont be shown live.

These the SBS games?

Any idea which ones ESPN will show?

Arsenal-Bayern should be good. Hopefully we'll stuff those Krauts in Munich.

Edit: Wednesday 23th February

ESPN Pacific Rim
4:30 am GMT
UEFA Champions League
Bayern Munich vs. Arsenal
Olympiastadion Munich, Germany

8:00 am GMT
UEFA Champions League
Real Madrid CF vs. Juventus FC
Estadio Santiago Bernabeu Madrid, Spain

10:00 am GMT
UEFA Champions League
Liverpool vs. Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Anfield Stadium (Liverpool) Liverpool, England

3:30 pm GMT
UEFA Champions League
Bayern Munich vs. Arsenal
Olympiastadion Munich, Germany

7:00 pm GMT
UEFA Champions League Weekly

7:30 pm GMT (LIVE)
UEFA Champions League
Manchester United vs. AC Milan
Old Trafford Stadium (Manchester Utd) Manchester, England

9:45 pm GMT
UEFA Champions League
Werder Bremen vs. Olympique Lyonnais
Weserstadion Bremen, Germany

Thursday 24th February

ESPN Pacific Rim
4:30 am GMT
UEFA Champions League
FC Porto vs. FC Internazionale Milano
Estadio Das Antas Oporto, Portugal

8:30 am GMT
Fa Cup Highlights

9:00 am GMT
UEFA Champions League
Manchester United vs. AC Milan
Old Trafford Stadium (Manchester Utd) Manchester, England

11:00 am GMT
UEFA Champions League
Werder Bremen vs. Olympique Lyonnais
Weserstadion Bremen, Germany

3:30 pm GMT
UEFA Champions League
FC Porto vs. FC Internazionale Milano
Estadio Das Antas Oporto, Portugal

Good good, we get to see all 8 games on ESPN. Farking brilliant if it wasn't for the shiteness of the commentators.

I pray to god Tommy Smyth doesn't commentate on the Arsenal game. He could ruin any game even if we won 10-0.

Last edited:

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
I got the Big Value package of Fox Digital. I think that's one up from the basic package? I pretty much get all the basics plus Comedy,ESPN and a couple of others.

I reckon it's worth it for the Comedy Channel alone. Chappele's show, Tough Crowd amongst others are awesome

matt#1

HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
I got the Big Value package of Fox Digital. I think that's one up from the basic package? I pretty much get all the basics plus Comedy,ESPN and a couple of others.

I reckon it's worth it for the Comedy Channel alone. Chappele's show, Tough Crowd amongst others are awesome
ok, i must just have the basic package then.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
timbk2 said:
There will be another friendly against Indonesia 3 days after the iraq game apparently.
So hopefully more will turn out since its not just one match. But then again, a match against iraq/indonesia is something you'd hardly look forward to.
I wouldnt mind watching Indonesia, they were fun to watch in the tiger cup or whateve r it was called against singapore.

HSC
The FA Cup is hotting up! With the competition moving into the fifth round, it's time for some upsets! With the Everton vs Man U game being the pick of the round, followed closely by Newcastle vs Chelsea, those two games will be tough to call. How many goals will Chelsea win by and how many ex-team mates' legs will be broken by Rooney? The Mighty Blades will walk it over The "Foriegn Invasion" Arse. Any thoughts?

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Tender_Branson said:
The FA Cup is hotting up! With the competition moving into the fifth round, it's time for some upsets! With the Everton vs Man U game being the pick of the round, followed closely by Newcastle vs Chelsea, those two games will be tough to call. How many goals will Chelsea win by and how many ex-team mates' legs will be broken by Rooney? The Mighty Blades will walk it over The "Foriegn Invasion" Arse. Any thoughts?

All this foreign invasion bull is really pissing me off. Arsenal would have some English players if: a) 95% of them weren't shit and b) if the other 5% weren't overpriced so heaily that only Chelsea and Manyoo could afford them.

It's a bit rich for a Chelsea fan to tell anyone of about too many foreigners in their side, seeing as though they were the first Premiership side to field a foreign starting XI.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
lol i remember it was only couple of years ago that chelsea fielded an international 1st eleven, not the whole squad tho... but hey man utd have only bought ferdinand and rooney - from my memory - for some time, expensive true, but only 2... even city has bought more england internationals

btw does anyone know if sbs will show the tsunami match played overnight?

HSC
HeCtic said:
All this foreign invasion bull is really pissing me off. Arsenal would have some English players if: a) 95% of them weren't shit and b) if the other 5% weren't overpriced so heaily that only Chelsea and Manyoo could afford them.

It's a bit rich for a Chelsea fan to tell anyone of about too many foreigners in their side, seeing as though they were the first Premiership side to field a foreign starting XI.
I'm not a Chelsea fan, I'm a Sheffield United fan. And I'm sure The Arse aren't so poverty stricken that they can't afford any decent English players. They just decide to spend their money on air fares and some english lessons so Wenger can feel at home.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Tender_Branson said:
My point exactly.

How so? We got Sol for free and Ash came through our youth system but they're more exceptions to the rule. Why don't you name me one English player good enough to play for Arsenal who wouldn't be exhorbitantly overpriced and would be available for a transfer this summer. I can't name one.

We got Cesc and Flamini for about 1million or we could've got Carrick for 3million, Toure cost 600k Leadfoot King would cost 10million etc. We can buy foreign players of similar or better quality for far less money and troubles, Wenger and the board don't have to answer to anyone on that, they're doing the best for Arsenal.

If an English player was good enough he'd make it at Arsenal, eg Cole but more often than not they're decent players but not the standard needed at Arsenal.

^___^
HSC
u could have scored defoe when he was at west ham :p
and its not bout buying, you guys have decent players coming through the youth system as well
Upson and Pennant are great examples :p

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
... said:
u could have scored defoe when he was at west ham :p
and its not bout buying, you guys have decent players coming through the youth system as well
Upson and Pennant are great examples :p
Defoe cost 7 million, we got a far more complete footballer in Reyes for that price and he isn't a smarmy little chav either. Pennant isn't better than Ljungberg and his attitude is shite. The bloke gets a 16 month driving ban for DUI, so he decides it'd be alright to speed down the highway in Ashley Cole's car driving drunk while still being banned? He gave the cops a fake name as well. The dumb cunt doesn't have the discipline to play for a big club. He might settle down at Birmingham and come back to Arsnel a more mature player ready for the challenge. But somehow I doubt it.

Upson is overrated by so many. Excellent in the air, slow on the ground and sloppy in the tackle and let's not get started about his passing. Arsenal have always defended a high line and he got caught out so many times when he was given a go that you can't blame Wenger for losing faith in him. He doesn't fit into our system. Pretty much every pom player Wnger has let go off has been perfectly justified when you look at how they performed elsewhere. He knows what he's doing most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)