Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
2 seasonz ago they managed to beat Real Madrid 3-1 at home after losin the first leg 2-1, and that Real Madrid waz the La Liga winnin side. Other than the form of Nedved, Juve iz prob stronger in every position than they were 2 seasonz ago.

I don't think Liverpool can go through, but then again every game iz diff.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
Alwayz Diana said:
Exactly that - they conceded 2 goals to us and 3 on the weekend - I mentioned earlier that they had problems with their defence and considering that Cisse will probably only play the last 15min then that shouldn't be too much of a worry for the Reds.

People stop slamming Liverpool's chances of a win because majority did that every step of the way and we've proved them wrong. Besides i'm starting to worry a little and thats not good.......
actually i dont think the majority of the people were betting against liverpool, lets face it they havent exactly faced top shelf opposition before juve, in fact ppl expected alot better from liverpool than how they performed since the beginning of the group stage... its just those early hiccups dampened the enthusiasms abit....

seriously though 70s and 80s are a long time ago, i wonder if in 2020 liverpool will be the new tottenham :D

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
How can you compare Liverpool to Tottenham? Liverpool= 4 time European champs. Spurs have done.. what now? :rolleyes: A fairer comparison would be Arsenal, who've only ever succeeded domestically.

I think you'll find most people would've been betting against Liverpool to come up with a result against Juve in the home leg, all the BBC pundits tipped them to go down, yet they didn't.

On a far more interesting note, the match and the San Siro has been abandoned when Inter fans threw water bottles and flares onto the penalty area, striking Milan keeper Dida on the shoulder. The incident happened as a Cambiasso goal was disallowed in the 80th minute with Inter down a goal and needing 4 to progress. Dida was not badly injured.

Inter are looking at biiiiig repercussions here, exclusion from European competition next year maybe? Wouldn't be too unlikely.

slip

HSC
wasnt it the 70th minute? the report i read said there were 19minutes left.

i doubt european expulsion, its mroe likely that they will have to play in empty stadiums and lose a shite load of money becasue of it. but yes milan will be going through to the semi finals, and inter will get huge fines.

chelsea are through despite losing 3-2. conceded a couple of weak late goals, they wont be happy.

i hope liverpool make it through to play chelsea, as im more confident of chelsea winning that then over juve.

Crazy Horse

HSC
braad said:
no..not good....not at all, when miss liverpool gets nervous n doubtful, lol, not good:)
Its odd - the entire time I’ve felt very confident for every match but now I’m wondering how much that away goal will cost us. Instead of looking forward to tomorrow I’m starting to dread it a little. BUT that doesn’t mean I’ve given up - just a little disheartened because of all the negativity…

LMF^^ said:
Funny how thiz other forum I go to also haz a passionate female Liverpool supporter. :D
Glad to hear that there are many other passionate Liverpool supporters – male or female!!!:)

T

timbk2

dont worry, we;re underdogs... as long as we dont get thrashed 6-0 or something (touch wood).... the squad has done exceptional trough europe already. we got nothing to lose.

Crazy Horse

HSC
jim_green said:
On a far more interesting note, the match and the San Siro has been abandoned when Inter fans threw water bottles and flares onto the penalty area, striking Milan keeper Dida on the shoulder. The incident happened as a Cambiasso goal was disallowed in the 80th minute with Inter down a goal and needing 4 to progress. Dida was not badly injured.

Inter are looking at biiiiig repercussions here, exclusion from European competition next year maybe? Wouldn't be too unlikely.
I think they'll most likely get a stadium ban like Roma did - how many matches is up to UEFA. I understand how frustrated the Inter fans would have been though - it still doesn’t excuse what they did but its definitely understandable. Do they plan to play the rest of the match and if so when??

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Alwayz Diana said:
Glad to hear that there are many other passionate Liverpool supporters – male or female!!!:)

*ahem* :)

firehose

HSC
The rest of the match most probably won't be played. This kind of behaviour among Italian football fans has been going on since the weekend, where there were mass arrests and confrontations between fans and police in quite a few matches. Unacceptable behaviour but understandable coz the goal was clear-cut and the referee couldn't accept that, instead giving the guy a yellow card.

Chelsea through to face either the Reds or Juve. I tip Juve as they're master 1-0 winners but its not a certainty. Shame about those last minute goals by Bayern but they did basically dominate the proceedings through possession. That Drogba goal was so out of the blue, Ollie Kahn's expression said it all :p

Crazy Horse

HSC
timbk2 said:
dont worry, we;re underdogs... as long as we dont get thrashed 6-0 or something (touch wood).... the squad has done exceptional trough europe already. we got nothing to lose.
Yes that’s true and I am very proud of the way they’ve played so far. If we lose to Juve at least we can still hold our heads high…
Its good to hear some positive comments for a change:)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Alwayz Diana said:
LOL! Do not worry I see you, Timbk2 and jim_green as passionate supporters already!
yes...we are :uhhuh:

like ur sig...the great shankly :eek: wish he didnt die....pity, had the best quotes

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
jim_green said:
Liverpool supporters have hijacked this thread :)

YNWA
mmm:) go liverpudlians :uhhuh: (or ones who wanna live there)

we had 2 sing YNWA at my skool 2 yrs ago....none of the Man Utd supporters wanted 2..but they were forced to:)

made my year...

HSC
Alwayz Diana said:
I think they'll most likely get a stadium ban like Roma did - how many matches is up to UEFA. I understand how frustrated the Inter fans would have been though - it still doesn’t excuse what they did but its definitely understandable. Do they plan to play the rest of the match and if so when??
At least we went down swinging. Fuck Inter, I'm so sick of their BS excuses and wasting tens of millions of dollars. I've converted - from now on it is Albion till I die! C'mon Kanu! :D

Crazy Horse

HSC
Italian Hotshot said:
At least we went down swinging.
thats true - but now you'll have to pay;)....

Italian Hotshot said:
Fuck Inter, I'm so sick of their BS excuses and wasting tens of millions of dollars. I've converted - from now on it is Albion till I die! C'mon Kanu! :D
How annoyed are you?? Not only did your team exit CL but they crashed out to their arch enemies - they had a ref disallow a goal and will probably recieve a stadium ban because some of their fans couldn't control their fustrations. I honestly feel for Inter fans who did nothing to deserve this.

Last edited:

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
inter fans were absolutely disgraceful, so the ref disallowed a perfectly legal goal - shit like that happen every week for different clubs, theres no excuse for fans to behave like that, if dida was facing any other angle he could have been blinded... and its the 2nd time in 2 years he's been hit by flares. what the italian football officials needs to do is get up off their arses and ban the flares at the gound... i mean how many bloody flares can they have to throw for 10 minutes ...

For you liverpool fans, maybe you have destiny on your side if nothing else :p
Wales win the Grand slam in Rugby
The Pope Dies
Liverpool lose in the league cup final to the winner of the league that season (Nottingham Forest)
But then go on to win the European Cup

Wales win the Grand slam in Rugby
The Pope Dies
Liverpool lose in the league cup final to the winner of the league that season (Chelsea)
?

EDIT:
Chelsea begin Del Piero chase
Newspaper reports in England claim that Chelsea have made contact with Juventus about a possible move for striker Alessandro Del Piero. The Juve captain has expressed a desire to play in the Premier League and is known to be considering a move should the Bianconeri sign Roma’s Antonio Cassano. The No 10 has already stated he would only be interested in a move to London and now the Stamford Bridge side look set to be the player’s destination should he actually request a transfer

from: http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_ita...angloangle.html

do they even need del piero????? especially there are better options that are younger and can actually last 90 minutes in a match

Last edited:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Yeah, I've seen that destiny thing on a Liverpool forum where I lurk every once so often.

I'm guessing that this new rumour about Del Piero is something concocted by some Chelski mole to try to unsettle their anticipated opponent in the semis, if Liverpool get up in this tie, don't be surprised to hear Gerrard rumours getting loud again.

I think Del Piero would be a good signing for them though, different, but good. He'd play between Lampard and Makele in midfield and Drogba up from. It'd be a slap in the face for Gudjohnsen though, he's been such a good servant for them. Typical Chelskis. Then again if they wanted to play with a link man, Cole's doing a great job for them right now.. damn rich bastards. Too much money to spend.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
braad said:
mmm:) go liverpudlians :uhhuh: (or ones who wanna live there)

we had 2 sing YNWA at my skool 2 yrs ago....none of the Man Utd supporters wanted 2..but they were forced to:)

made my year...
You fo real...? What school did you go...?

I'm a Man U supporter and I like that song. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)