Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Horse

HSC
How can you not - The Juve players were in awe when they came on to the field to hear the Liverpool fans singing at the top of their lungs.

When you walk through a storm,
Hold your head up high,
And don't be afraid of the dark.
At the end of a storm,
There's a golden sky,
And the sweet silver song of a lark.
Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain,
Though your dreams be tossed and blown..

Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone.......
You'll never walk alone.

Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone.......
You'll never walk alone.

Every time I hear that song being sung by a stadium full of fans - even if its just on TV I get shivers run up and down my spine.

HSC
Alwayz Diana said:
Yes that’s true and I am very proud of the way they’ve played so far. If we lose to Juve at least we can still hold our heads high…
Its good to hear some positive comments for a change:)
Their show in the champions league so far is enough to restore the faith of embittered Liverpool fans, at least it would be if they had done well in the Premier League. We better win tomorrow, or it will have been another season of disappointment all round. And without Gerrard, there's next to no hope

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
hahaha i reckon, theres like 10 liverpool fans here compared to about 3 each for man utd and arsenal, at least 1 chelski supporter and a lone hammer

Crazy Horse

HSC
HeCtic said:
Wtf happened to this thread !?!!? It's like a mini Koptalk in here.
I laughed so hard when I read that.

Trippendicular said:
Their show in the champions league so far is enough to restore the faith of embittered Liverpool fans, at least it would be if they had done well in the Premier League. We better win tomorrow, or it will have been another season of disappointment all round. And without Gerrard, there's next to no hope
It's not another season of disappointment. Every team has to build up to win and thats whats occoured at Liverpool this season with Benitez and all the new signings. Again Gerrard is the CAPTAIN of the team not the TEAM itself.

As for tomorrows games - I'm hoping to see PSV and Liverpool go through.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
hahaha i reckon, theres like 10 liverpool fans here compared to about 3 each for man utd and arsenal, at least 1 chelski supporter and a lone hammer
fuck yeah go the hammers, languishing in 8th spot in div 1 but teddy sheringham is 2nd top scorer in the league at age 39!

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
Sadly, i think what happenned between Inter and Milano is only a precursor to what is going to happen tommorrow morning, there has been heaps of buid-up that something very bad is going to happen, especially if Liverpool take a lead, and Juve look like they are going out.......

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Feck yes we're through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got up at 6:15 to find there were 15 mins left in the match and were at 0-0.. tension in those 15 mins damn near killed me. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Meanwhile.. Lyonw ent down to PSV on penalties, ruining my tippings for this round, and probably ensuring that Milan will go through to the final. Liverpool vs Milan final then :)

Last edited:
T

timbk2

woohoo!

Liverpool vs. Chelsea .... we'd have to feel confident of making the final now. Esp. with Cisse, Alonso and prolly Hamann back for that tie. Although Biscan has done more than enough to warrant his place. Traore... fark. he was lucky canavarro hit the post. He got infront of him and was in a good position to head the ball out but instead tried to flick the ball over him for some reason. what a friggen tense game.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
The entire footballing world will be supporting us against the Chelskis me thinks. I don't think any neutrals are particularly fond of them. Anyway I think we'll get up, in all 3 of our defeats this season we outplayed them but got unlucky with late goals, so it's about time our fortunes change... aside from Kewell, we'll also have virtually a full strengthed first 11, there's something we haven't had for a while.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
jim_green said:
The entire footballing world will be supporting us against the Chelskis me thinks. I don't think any neutrals are particularly fond of them. Anyway I think we'll get up, in all 3 of our defeats this season we outplayed them but got unlucky with late goals, so it's about time our fortunes change... aside from Kewell, we'll also have virtually a full strengthed first 11, there's something we haven't had for a while.
indeed we will....we shall kick their asses hopefully...or jus sail through onto the final :)

if we beat chelsea, then i'd say we could win it all just by the confidence booster that win would be

oh...but fark, juve...some dirty tackles there....whats his name (monteiro?) on biscan outside the box...didnt look bad till they slowed it down, thats a bad tackle/attempt/hack

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
It'll be a good game, thing with chelsea is you score 2 against them , they'll score 4.

T

timbk2

emerson's hack at biscan's ankle while emerson was laying on the ground was ugly too.

montero was lucky he didnt get red carded for that tackle. studs up.. around the knee area.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
LMF^^ said:
You fo real...? What school did you go...?

I'm a Man U supporter and I like that song. :D
St marys...n it was 4 our school concert in sydney townhall...god, sydney became liverpool 4 about 5 minutes :rolleyes:

lovely....

n yeh, he should've had a friggen red card that prick (talkin bout montero) pity refd didnt c it, i didnt think it was bad till the second camera angle and was slowed down

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Trippendicular said:
:) u were saying no hope??

we played fairly good i thought

HeCtic said:
Wtf happened to this thread !?!!? It's like a mini Koptalk in here.
indeed it is...the kops hour has arrived...

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Superb result, heroic defensive display & all round great nite for Liverpool FC :D

As for the semis, just look at last yr when Chel$ki & Arsenal played in the QF. The Gunners had beaten them 3x already domestically, yet the Blues still went thru... ;)

Cheers to Rafa & the lads!

Crazy Horse

HSC
We are through! Feels great and I was on the edge of my seat during the last little while of the match. It wasn't the greatest match but I don't really care. Semi-finals here we come and Chelsea better be worried...

OHH and how good was it to see Alonso and Cisse playing again. Cant wait to see Gerrard/Alonso combination in mid - best pairing in all of Europe. Our midfield back to Gerrard-Xabi, and the possibility of a Cisse-Baros front line for the Chelski game!!!!:D

Crazy Horse

HSC
timbk2 said:
emerson's hack at biscan's ankle while emerson was laying on the ground was ugly too.

montero was lucky he didnt get red carded for that tackle. studs up.. around the knee area.
I thought that too - some of their tackles were out of line and Montero should have seen a red. Nedved also went in a few times with his studes up.

There's been news about fighting between Juve fans and police over there and one Reds supporter being hit over the head with a bat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)