Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
lots has happened in two months.

is anyone else getting pissed off with ronaldo? he did one fluke cross that sat perfectly for scholes but other than that he just kept falling over.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
HeCtic said:
^Bring it, we're due a win against you cunts. No team beats us thrice in a year.
hey no offence, but b4 ur unbeaten streak...it sucked being beaten by Leeds 3-2 aye?

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
mmm, was a glorious day 4 us, n to make matters worse we went down...that was funny, i had a gr8 day at skool then....

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
Apr 03 2004 Arsenal 0 - 1 Man Utd
Oct 24 2004 Man Utd 2 - 0 Arsenal
Dec 01 2004 Man Utd 1 - 0 Arsenal
:D

I meant season but meh, means we're definitely due a win against you know.

LMF^^ said:
Why do Arsenal supporterz have to be like thiz...?
It'll be a good final, thatz fo sure.
Pah, I'm usually quite sporting if we lose and normally very appreciative of other teams, my posts in general show that, but I might as well fire up seeing as though Fergie will tell his boys to kick us around the park and I know plenty of Manyoo fans who've been giving me shit since the Old Toilet game this season.

Stop being so sporting before the game even starts.

braad said:
hey no offence, but b4 ur unbeaten streak...it sucked being beaten by Leeds 3-2 aye?
We'd already lost the title at Bolton but I guess seeing that fat cunt Viduka score at Highbury was pretty painful. Don't worry once Chelsea run through you guys in the semi, maybe this sudden Liverpool bandwagon will lose steam again? I'll ask you guys how you feel about being in the UEFA Cup and seeing your captain go to Stamford Bridge once that happens eh?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Yeah Arsenal can whinge about the Old Trafford game, but what about the one at Highbury...? Man U won it fair and square, I guess you can blame shitty Almunia fo that one, just like we can blame shitty Carroll fo makin uz lose against Milan.

I still got a feelin that Liverpool can upset Chelsea, and go on to win it....

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
hahaha...ur cut dude, mate i dont care, my team isnt arrogant

wenger saying blackburn were too rough, wot a load of shit...they're getting paid huge wages 2 play a sport, a contact sport..yes blackburn were sumtimes a bit rough, but unfortunately managers these days seem to idolise sum of their players n think they can do no wrong.

i dont wanna bring this up, because every1's team has dun it b4, but viera...he dived 2 many times

n it made it entertaining, no1 got hurt (cept, i admit, the young fella van persie was it? at the end...that was dead set real and would've hurt like hell)

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Yeah Arsenal can whinge about the Old Trafford game, but what about the one at Highbury...? Man U won it fair and square, I guess you can blame shitty Almunia fo that one, just like we can blame shitty Carroll fo makin uz lose against Milan.

I still got a feelin that Liverpool can upset Chelsea, and go on to win it....

See, I'ts not the result that shitted me at the Highbury game, it's just how a team as good as Manyoo don't want to play football instead deciding to kick us around the park all game. The fact that cunting refs give us no protection meant they got away with it and will probably do so at Cardiff as well. But we've already stuffed you guys at Millenium before so there'll be confidence going there.

At least Chelsea came to Highbury and tried to play football. That was the game of the season in England by a country mile two different styled teams playing a highly skilled tactical yet attacking game. This Wednesday's game will be just as good no doubt even though I think Chelsea will win going up against Henry and Campbell while they're not fully fit.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
braad said:
hahaha...ur cut dude, mate i dont care, my team isnt arrogant

wenger saying blackburn were too rough, wot a load of shit...they're getting paid huge wages 2 play a sport, a contact sport..yes blackburn were sumtimes a bit rough, but unfortunately managers these days seem to idolise sum of their players n think they can do no wrong.

i dont wanna bring this up, because every1's team has dun it b4, but viera...he dived 2 many times

n it made it entertaining, no1 got hurt (cept, i admit, the young fella van persie was it? at the end...that was dead set real and would've hurt like hell)

That's rubbish, do you even watch the game? No one got hurt but there were plenty of challenges that could've caused major injuries and it was mainly one side contributing to it. Those cunts knew they couldn't match it with us as a football team so they tried to go out and kick lumps into us hoping they could somehow fluke a result. Vieira diving? Bahaha, yeah I'm sure everyone loves having half the opposition team hacking him down all game. It obviously affected him.

Edit: Oh and I don't exactly see what this current Liverpool team has done to be arrogant about? Maybe when they win something. But I remember how worked up and obnoxious Pool fans got after their Mickey Mouse Treble so I dread the day you guys win something worthwhile.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
HeCtic said:
That's rubbish, do you even watch the game? No one got hurt but there were plenty of challenges that could've caused major injuries and it was mainly one side contributing to it. Those cunts knew they couldn't match it with us as a football team so they tried to go out and kick lumps into us hoping they could somehow fluke a result. Vieira diving? Bahaha, yeah I'm sure everyone loves having half the opposition team hacking him down all game. It obviously affected him.

Edit: Oh and I don't exactly see what this current Liverpool team has done to be arrogant about? Maybe when they win something. But I remember how worked up and obnoxious Pool fans got after their Mickey Mouse Treble so I dread the day you guys win something worthwhile.
whaaaaat? hack? he gets fuckin tapped on the leg...how the fuck is that hacked? n yes i watched the game, from start to finish. n dont bullshit about me not knowing what its like, i've played since i was 6, n wot they get is general fuck all what i get, the tackles viera gets is shit wot i get, n i play centre mid too, wha would he do if he got targeted by 4 oppositioing players and charged by all at the same time (no bullshit, last game i played last yr)...considering he rolls over 5 times when he gets nicked, he'd possibly act out a dramatic heart attack followed by sum sort of spasm...who knows

didnt i say sum tackles were bad? savages one when he came on was fuckin horrible, that was bad, but just general play...no, it was a physical game, sum players can give but dont like 2 recieve. thats wot gives soccer a bad name (along with those shockin tackles)

n yeh, well arsenal are known as the arrogant team, but yeh, u win thigns n it seems 2 become part of the culture i guess

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
See, I'ts not the result that shitted me at the Highbury game, it's just how a team as good as Manyoo don't want to play football instead deciding to kick us around the park all game. The fact that cunting refs give us no protection meant they got away with it and will probably do so at Cardiff as well. But we've already stuffed you guys at Millenium before so there'll be confidence going there.

At least Chelsea came to Highbury and tried to play football. That was the game of the season in England by a country mile two different styled teams playing a highly skilled tactical yet attacking game. This Wednesday's game will be just as good no doubt even though I think Chelsea will win going up against Henry and Campbell while they're not fully fit.
From memory, Man U didn't kick Arsenal around the park in that game, the game was quite fluent, which suited Arsenal. Otherwise they wouldn't have taken the lead twice right...?
Well last time Arsenal beat Man U at Cardiff waz the Charity Shield match in which most of Man Uz first team were missin, so can't really make a conclusion out of that one.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
braad said:
whaaaaat? hack? he gets fuckin tapped on the leg...how the fuck is that hacked? n yes i watched the game, from start to finish. n dont bullshit about me not knowing what its like, i've played since i was 6, n wot they get is general fuck all what i get, the tackles viera gets is shit wot i get, n i play centre mid too, wha would he do if he got targeted by 4 oppositioing players and charged by all at the same time (no bullshit, last game i played last yr)...considering he rolls over 5 times when he gets nicked, he'd possibly act out a dramatic heart attack followed by sum sort of spasm...who knows

didnt i say sum tackles were bad? savages one when he came on was fuckin horrible, that was bad, but just general play...no, it was a physical game, sum players can give but dont like 2 recieve. thats wot gives soccer a bad name (along with those shockin tackles)

n yeh, well arsenal are known as the arrogant team, but yeh, u win thigns n it seems 2 become part of the culture i guess

So running at speed and getting impeded doesn't make you lose balance and fall over? Didn't you see how many times Thompson took swipes at Vieira, let's not forget Savage almost kneecapping Fabregas and Emmo's studs in on Lehmann. Blackburn played dirty on Arsenal all the way through, it was very deliberate. They spent so much time fouling us they forget there was a game which they could've won.

And so what if you play central mid and you once had 4 guys target you? It has nothing to do with Vieira on Saturday, getting chopped down does affect you the next time you're tackled it's instinctive to go for self-protection. Most coaches should train you on how to dive properly so you don't injure yourself seriously when you land. I'm a winger and I get hacked down by cunty midfielders and defenders all the time but I try and go down the same way all the time so I land properly and not injure myself on the fall. That's not diving, it's good sense. Diving is when you fake contact not falling over when there is actual contact.

Arsenal aren't the only arrogant team out there either. It's ridiculous to label them as "The" arrogant team, although a lot of the players are full of themselves you find that's a general trait of most footballers and managers worth their salt.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
LMF^^ said:
From memory, Man U didn't kick Arsenal around the park in that game, the game was quite fluent, which suited Arsenal. Otherwise they wouldn't have taken the lead twice right...?
Well last time Arsenal beat Man U at Cardiff waz the Charity Shield match in which most of Man Uz first team were missin, so can't really make a conclusion out of that one.

I can't remember the last time there was a fluid game at Highbury. It's normally very constricted due to the pitch size and that game was no different. But as I said, no complaints about the result there, Manyoo took their chances better that night even though it was a niggly game once again.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
My recollection of that match was that Arsenal were beaten blue and purple. Reyes particularly took some pretty harsh treatment. I recall being amazed that Neville didn't get red carded.

Edit: Oh you were talking about Blackburn. They're even worse. Utter scum of the earth. The fact that a Pool player gets his leg broken every time we play them should be all the evidence you need. That elbow strike on Van Persie was pretty nasty too.

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Yeah I do agree that Blackburn were kickin the shit out of Arsenal, Vieira did get targeted a lot, but thatz not unexpected. But what can you do, Arsenal iz a class above and you cannot go allow them to play to their max ability, so in comez the physical approach, which usually workz against Arsenal, and I can see why Arse supporterz get upset about it.

Savage iz the biggest dickhead, and when you have him and Dickov in the side, you know you're in fo a bit of kickin.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
I can't remember the last time there was a fluid game at Highbury. It's normally very constricted due to the pitch size and that game was no different. But as I said, no complaints about the result there, Manyoo took their chances better that night even though it was a niggly game once again.
Hm...
From what I saw it waz diff, maybe becauz I was watchin the replay on the couch and fell asleep due to my fatigue after a long flight.

Silvestre got red carded though, so yeah...

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
HeCtic said:
So running at speed and getting impeded doesn't make you lose balance and fall over? Didn't you see how many times Thompson took swipes at Vieira, let's not forget Savage almost kneecapping Fabregas and Emmo's studs in on Lehmann. Blackburn played dirty on Arsenal all the way through, it was very deliberate. They spent so much time fouling us they forget there was a game which they could've won.

And so what if you play central mid and you once had 4 guys target you? It has nothing to do with Vieira on Saturday, getting chopped down does affect you the next time you're tackled it's instinctive to go for self-protection. Most coaches should train you on how to dive properly so you don't injure yourself seriously when you land. I'm a winger and I get hacked down by cunty midfielders and defenders all the time but I try and go down the same way all the time so I land properly and not injure myself on the fall. That's not diving, it's good sense. Diving is when you fake contact not falling over when there is actual contact.

Arsenal aren't the only arrogant team out there either. It's ridiculous to label them as "The" arrogant team, although a lot of the players are full of themselves you find that's a general trait of most footballers and managers worth their salt.
lol...yeh, it dus make u lose balance n fall over, but sumtimes theres minimal contact, and if i can stay up from harder tackles, y cant he? he's a pro, im clearly not...

n my point is, like i sed jus then, if i can stay up and not fall over, than why cant he when he gets a little tap?? thats wot i dont get. ur theory is different to mine, u wanna practice landing properly after being tackled properly, n i wanna plain dodge the tackle, if all else fails i'll go in 100%. landing proeprly is a good thing to learn, but coaches should also try n teach u to avoid it...im not that agile n i can, so i dont c others cant. I dont c the point in it (falling and rolling etc), if u can keep running because u got a nick and close in on goal, y would u wanna fall over and exaggerate the touch? it makes no sense

yeh, there are more teams that are arrogant too....ur point is proven in mourinho, arrogant to the max, but effective in successful soccer, he's a proven winner...but i just dont like the huge egos that bounce off one another in the game

Crazy Horse

HSC
blackfriday said:
lots has happened in two months.

is anyone else getting pissed off with ronaldo? he did one fluke cross that sat perfectly for scholes but other than that he just kept falling over.
Ronaldo really annoys me - "dont nick my tricks" and his bahaviour towards other players on the pitch (eg. Cafu) and what not ticks me off - the guy is 19. He has potential to be class if not world class but he sure as hell is an arrogant prick. Who does he think he is to say that he doesnt want others copying his moves - as if he was the first to come up with them. What is that? At the moment I respect Rooney more than him. His up there in the top 10 drama queens.

Crazy Horse

HSC
HeCtic said:
Don't worry once Chelsea run through you guys in the semi, maybe this sudden Liverpool bandwagon will lose steam again? I'll ask you guys how you feel about being in the UEFA Cup and seeing your captain go to Stamford Bridge once that happens eh?
I highly doubt that "this sudden Liverpool bandwagon will lose steam". Like I've said before whether we lose to Chelski or not doesnt matter - the squad is coming to full strength and by next season we should be hard competition for the likes of any world class team. As for asking us how we feel during UEFA - thats not a for sure yet we are still in the running for CL. Gerrard - who gives a damn. His world class and I'd hate to see him lose but it aint the end if the world for the team. People make it out to be like he carries the team - completly untrue. Our matches without him have proven that he is not the team but a part of it.

jim_green said:
My recollection of that match was that Arsenal were beaten blue and purple. Reyes particularly took some pretty harsh treatment. I recall being amazed that Neville didn't get red carded.

Edit: Oh you were talking about Blackburn. They're even worse. Utter scum of the earth. The fact that a Pool player gets his leg broken every time we play them should be all the evidence you need. That elbow strike on Van Persie was pretty nasty too.
I remeber the match where Neville should have seen red - I was pretty surprised he didnt get it as well.
As for Blackburn - they do play rough. At the end of the game when they showed the table I was surprised to see that Blackburn recieved 4 yellows and Arsenal 3. I would have liked to have seen a few more cards shown for the tackles against Arsenal. Savage deserved a Red - I was appauled at his challenge.

Braad - sure they are professionals but does that mean they should hack it when someone kicks them studs up. Refs are there to warn players, make crucial decisions which sometimes includes sending players off. These players are being watched by many children and should show sportsmanship. Besides they ARE being payed huge sums of money to play. Its their job. They shouldnt hack someone trying to injure them. Their supporters want to see the team players at full strength not half limping. As for the nick and them exagerrating it - sure they do but sometimes its (like Hectic said) the speed they are travelling.

You cannot compare yourself hacking a challenge and them not. There are too many factors invloved. You are not versing professionals - they are. The speed they are travelling - often players do try to aviod the tackle but that puts them in an even more ackward postition and sets them up to get hurt.
Sometimes they do drop on purpose to gain an advantage but every player who drops and gets aid has to come off the pitch and then come back on so that is there to stop them from faking. It doesnt stop them all but it would stop some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)