Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Alwayz Diana said:
Braad - sure they are professionals but does that mean they should hack it when someone kicks them studs up. Refs are there to warn players, make crucial decisions which sometimes includes sending players off. These players are being watched by many children and should show sportsmanship. Besides they ARE being payed huge sums of money to play. Its their job. They shouldnt hack someone trying to injure them. Their supporters want to see the team players at full strength not half limping. As for the nick and them exagerrating it - sure they do but sometimes its (like Hectic said) the speed they are travelling.

You cannot compare yourself hacking a challenge and them not. There are too many factors invloved. You are not versing professionals - they are. The speed they are travelling - often players do try to aviod the tackle but that puts them in an even more ackward postition and sets them up to get hurt.
Sometimes they do drop on purpose to gain an advantage but every player who drops and gets aid has to come off the pitch and then come back on so that is there to stop them from faking. It doesnt stop them all but it would stop some.
one day i will show u wot i mean, and u'll agree with me

i understand them not wanting to get hurt, and some tackles being totally stupid, and yeh, etc etc. but a nick dusnt mean u have to fall over every god damned time, whats that portray to kids? fall over if u get touched, its rightfully so if ur tackled, but half the nicks they get are absolute shit

neways, i should learn to dive or fall or whatever, because i believe i fractrued my arm on the weekend from a stupid tackle from the opposition

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Alwayz Diana said:
I highly doubt that "this sudden Liverpool bandwagon will lose steam". Like I've said before whether we lose to Chelski or not doesnt matter - the squad is coming to full strength and by next season we should be hard competition for the likes of any world class team. As for asking us how we feel during UEFA - thats not a for sure yet we are still in the running for CL. Gerrard - who gives a damn. His world class and I'd hate to see him lose but it aint the end if the world for the team. People make it out to be like he carries the team - completly untrue. Our matches without him have proven that he is not the team but a part of it.

I didn't mean the team will lose steam, Benitez is putting togethor a great squad although his signings are a bit hit and miss at the moment (eg for every Alonso and Garcia there's a Pellegrino,Nunez, Josemi etc) which will hold you back for a season or two domestically.

That said you'd better hope Liverpool make the Champions League and keep Stevie next season. Not qualifying and losing your best players means you're considerably weakening your squad and will lose a major factor required in bringing players in who can close the gaps in your squad, especially since the top 3 will all be busy in the transfer market this summer.

The bandwagon I was talking about was the sudden chest pumping i've seen coming from Liverpool fans. Not so much on this forum, the Pool fans here are alright but just in general people I know who support Liverpool are getting like Manyoo and Chelsea fans. Not that I hate Liverpool, if anything Luis Garcia is my favourite new player in the Premiership and watching Liverpool play isn't anywhere near as excruciating as it was last season. I'd just love to see Timmy Cahill playing in the Champions League next season :).

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Oh and for anyone interested, Newcastle reckon they could sign a player bigger than Dwight Yorke for the A-League.

"Newcastle United director of football Remo Nogarotto said the Jets were on the verge of signing a marquee player who would trump Sydney FC's star recruit Dwight Yorke.
"It is on par with Yorke and arguably even bigger news" Nogarotto said last night. I don't want to say too much other tha I think he will be a very large announcement for the game and for Newcastle"

Pretty exciting if true.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
r there ne front runners as such?

coz i have no idea who they'd be hunting

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
I've heard names such as Sheringham, Batistuta and Baggio. Apart from Teddy the other two must've retired by now?

Paul Okon is another likely to sign for them but I think he'd be in their 19-Standard squad rather than being the stand out marquee player.

I've also heard Redondo, which would be unbelievable, but I'm not getting my hopes up. A surprise would be welcome.

Last edited:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Any of those players would make the signing of Dwight Yorke look pretty mean. I wasn't so excited about the APL before, but if Redondo or Baggio get signed I'd be there every game.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Divin iz actually a part of the game, itz used to create stoppagez so the playerz can rest fo a moment, or slightly break down the momentum of the opposition.

Redondo..? Holy shit...!

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
That's just what Damien Lovelock said on fan's corner the other day :p It's crap is what it is. Cheating should never be the difference between one side and another.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
it's a dirty habit picked up by foreigners in serie-a. no one wants to be a man anymore.

redondo??? are you sure? who else is a veteran looking to end their career?

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
i think those guys got a few more years left and someone like bergkamp could easily play until he's 40. when you pass like him who needs to be fit?

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
blackfriday said:
i think those guys got a few more years left and someone like bergkamp could easily play until he's 40. when you pass like him who needs to be fit?

How's he gonna get here? He shits himself about aeroplanes.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Heh, DB won't be coming here mate. Pipe dreaming.

Oh and since Andy Harper said Sydney wanted to sign Mustapha Hadji if Yorkie deal fell through, maybe another of the A-League clubs can have a look at him. He's an unbelievable player. Not a huge name but would be awesome to watch for the fans. Good entertainer, takes a wicked free-kick, flambuoyant character etc. Would be awesome.

slip

HSC
I tHiNkz HeZ Da 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can you please learn to type properly. some of your longer posts are so annoying to read.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Yep, played for Coventry, then went to Aston Villa for three seasons and had a year in Spain with Espanyol. According to this link he's playing in the UAE now.

Would be awesome.

Edit : He also played for Sporting Lisbon and Depor before moving to Coventry, so the guy's all quality and well travelled. He could bring on some of the young players well and set a good example in proffesionalism.

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
slip said:
I tHiNkz HeZ Da 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can you please learn to type properly. some of your longer posts are so annoying to read.
Learn to read properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)