Soccer Thread 2004 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
hmmm...
Cygan and Toure dont belong in an Arsenal team. We need 1 or 2 more elite defenders, we have suffered after the loss of adams and keown...

strike force = Reyes, Henry, Bergkamp, Kanu and Ljunberg, it could be better though...

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
wow.. its amazing how Reyes has suddenly gone from an untested Importe Espanol to a worshipped figure

much like Kak did

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Originally posted by ...
hell no..

their weak pt is the lack of depth in strike force...

well..its one of their weak pts

like if henry is injuried..what happens?
dun tell me alidaire can fill in :p
bergkamp carried thierry's arse in the chelsea game recently, and we score enough goals from midfield to cope without henry for a couple of weeks.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Originally posted by RUB!X

Whats happeneing with Wiltord, and do u think Reyes was a good buy...
the club say wiltord is injured, but the strong rumours are that he is looking for another club and has been told he isnt wanted for next season.

reyes' potential is really high and he's showed glimpses of his talent. but he has a lot to get used to, new country,new language, new players, new style of football. i reckon this time next season we'll know if he was money well spent.

also, toure has been our best defender this season, when sol was in the middle of a horrific form slump in november/december toure carried the centre of defence. he's easily our most improved player of the season.

btw how many arsenal games have you seen this season?

Last edited:

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by HeCtic
reyes' potential is really high and he's showed glimpses of his talent. but he has a lot to get used to, new country,new language, new players, new style of football. i reckon this time next season we'll know if he was money well spent.
20 million will take a long time to earn back..

but if he turns out to be anything like Cassano (AS Roma), who cost the same amount when he was brought from Bari at about 18/19 years of age, then i would say he is worth it. 'Cos Cassano has definently payed off his debt + some.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Originally posted by reynaldo
�20 million will take a long time to earn back..

but if he turns out to be anything like Cassano (AS Roma), who cost the same amount when he was brought from Bari at about 18/19 years of age, then i would say he is worth it. 'Cos Cassano has definently payed off his debt + some.
he cost 7 mill upfront with another 4 mill to be payed begining of next season. then theres bonus payments should we ever win the CL and how many games he plays for us etc. the club released all this a while back. it was nowehre near 20mill.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
oh, well even then i say its a good buy.

chelsea were apparently gonna offer 20mill pounds for him, but didnt think arsenal had the resources to launch a bid so they were gonna wait till the summer. so we got in before euro2004 where his price mightve been jacked up really high and where other clubs could come in as competition.

he already paid of some of his fee by knocking the bluescum out of the cup.:D

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by HeCtic
so we got in before euro2004 where his price mightve been jacked up really high and where other clubs could come in as competition.
well, yes, depending on Espaol's performance in the cup..

but, with the tag of "Perennial Underachievers", im not so sure :D

However with the little amount of money floating around the football world now, prices will probably go down before they go up..

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
but with the ruskies seemingly wanting to buy any player we're in for i'm afraid the prices arsenal are gonna have to pay might well be inflated for the forseeable future. on the flipside, we may have to give our youth team players more chances in the future.

oh and did anyone else find the depor-juve game as uninspiring as i did?

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
wow.. its amazing how Reyes has suddenly gone from an untested Importe Espanol to a worshipped figure

much like Kak did
Well.. I don't know if he's gonna turn out to be quite as good a buy as Kaka, but he's got the potential to go fairly far.

Juve are a bland, incompetent orchestra of fools
Wow that was random
Originally posted by timbk2
Liverpool 2 - Levski Sofia 0

go kewell

hope they win the uefa cup
Yeah go the Reds :D I think to expect them to win anything at all this year is expecting too much. The UEFA cup's full of teams that'd rip Liverpool atm

let's see: Roma (despite their dip in form), Barca (in their current form), Celtic (They beat Liverpool last year when their form wasn't nearly as impressive as this years), Newcastle (in their current form also), Valencia also.

All of these teams except Roma and maybe Valencia Liverpool can beat on a good day. Unfortunately our good days are few and far between, so for now I'll just hope they don't choke over at Levski

^___^
HSC
eh

Liverpool beat both Roma and Barcelona b4 in the same competition..shows that anyting and eveyrthing is possible :p

i mean, roma will kill liverpool atm...not so sure bout Barca :(

T

timbk2

liverpool are almost pretty much back to their best squad atm. aslong as noone else gets injured.

i reckon the last game of the EPL season between liverpool and newcastle will determine who gets the 4th champions league spot

^___^
HSC
man, liverpool are doing fine now cos Gerrad is in awesome form..i swear he is one the the best midfielder in england atm...

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Yeah Gerrard is england's #1 so far, though he's got a while to develop still, perhaps into a keane or a viera. anyway just saw kewell's goal, it was a screamer from outside the box from a difficult angle.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Gerrard is different from a Keane or a Viera. The later are more defensive minded. Gerrard has a long way to go. Without Gerrard, Liverpool would, well, have had their manager sacked long ago.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
and owens as well, those 2 work pretty well together.... otherwise they'll be left with... heavens forbid...emile heskey... but houiliers gonna get sacked sooner or later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)