Soccer Thread 2004 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Originally posted by Constip8edSkunk
and owens as well, those 2 work pretty well together.... otherwise they'll be left with... heavens forbid...emile heskey... but houiliers gonna get sacked sooner or later
Owen's not in the best goal scoring form at the moment.... Kewell's not in great form either actually. Only Gerrard's really shining for the reds. Milan Baros looked good though considering that he's been out for what.. 5 months? Oh well.. no more excuses from Gerard Houllier now with everyone back

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
what is it with Kewell and long range hardcore left-footed strikes from acute angles?

seems to be Australia's answer to Recoba

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Its also great to see 'Emily' Heskey out & injured & Baros back in. ;)

From all reports Baros played a blinder yesterday & got a standing ovation from the Kop when he was substituted late in the match. :)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
i was about to mention that, how much of an over-rated buy he was! his world cup peformances were obviously good, but damn, houllier didnt get his moneys worth.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Yep Diouf is shit... I was impressed by his performances in the WC, but really, Houllier should've waited a little longer for some more fantastic performances in the ligue 1 before buying him.. total waste of money.

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
woohoo sbs is showin another arsenal game 2night ne1 gonna stay up n watch it

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Originally posted by copious
every week its bloody chelski or arsenal dammit!
get fox if you wanna see other teams, they all get an airing at least once or twice a month.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
houlier bought diouf b4 the world cup(in his bag anyway, or so he claims).... though he 's gotta draw the most foul of any player in EPL

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
I'm not sure why Houllier bought Diouf in the first place. He was originally brought in as a striker to replace Nic Anelka, a proven goalscorer, but his goal record in France was pretty poor & he didn't score @ the WC02 either.

When Houllier finally found out El-Hadji couldn't put the ball in the back of the net, he puts him in2 the midfield. :confused:

Diouf's scored somethin lyk 7(?) goals in abt 1 & 1/2 seasons, i mean Kewell has already scored 10 odd in half a season for godsake.

2 dud players like Diouf & Heskey cost LfC 21m pounds, no wonder evry1 wants to see Houllier given the sack, including me ;)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Man U drops 2 points at Fulham and fall behind Chelsea lolz.. they're gooooooooooone. Not sure why Fergie rested Van Nistelrooy, Giggs and Howard, but I can only imagine that he'd already given up on any title aspirations before the match and wanted to concentrate on ECL.. anyway lol at Man U

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
they are nine points behind haha!. thats what you got for resting too many players, well it was only 3 but still.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Actually, if Fergie was given a choice between EPL and ECL, he'd chose ECL. He's won the ECL once, but won the EPL many many more times. And he can still laugh at Wenger who won't win ECL, anytime soon. :D As for Chelsea, they're in a slump which will last until next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)