Soccer Thread 2004 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
we don't need any more flair players in midfield. we have two attacking wingers and wingbacks as well as two forwards. you need two workman like dm's to keep the teams shape and not get crapped on by other teams attack. edu and gilberto both have done that brilliantly this season and the fact that we're still in with a shout in 3 competitions tells you that the balance of the team is fine. a seedorf or scholes wouldnt help the team.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
muhahahahaha...
well said hectic, could not have said it better myself...

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by flyin'
Ah, the kick and run style of football. It isn't so bad now is it? I mean, Arsenal play flowing football IN THE EPL (they can't seem to do that in the ECL). :p
hahaha.. kick and run!

i remember this is what a friend used to call it... its one of the critiscims i use most when degrading the EPL :)

speaking of Seedorf the guy is playing like a #1 at the moment, i think he would improve any team he is at.

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by reno2004
arsenal are like the only team that dont play the kick and run football, but they dont have a good enough midfield for it to be effective in europe
lol!!!!!!
a lot of teams dun kick and run...just cos arsenal cos pires or henry who can run with a ball..doesn't mean other team dun do it either...

i mean, how many times did Henry's pace enable him to sneak behind the defenders to recieve Campell or Cole's cross???? eh?!?!?!?!?!

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
no

Arsenal's game flows , no team in the EPL has the smooth one touch passing game they have

And its not just Henry's pace that enables him to score, all of the players have good pace
look at ljunberg!!!!!

^___^
HSC
they do have a nice flowing game..

and ever since ljunberg shifted back into right mid, his pace is not really needed for the whole game..i mean...its not like man utd relying giggs to run down the line..arsenal dun do that..

T

timbk2

liverpool up to 4th. (finally).

tied up with newcastle... it's gonna be a fight to the end.
cant wait for the last game of the season. Liverpool Vs. Newcastle

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
liverpool should win, if owen is back in form by then

it will be a battle of the strikers, best ever english striker - shearer against future best ever english striker - owen

should be good!!!!!!!!!

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
did anyone watch the man utd vs tottenham game. Ryan Giggs was on fire all game, tormenting the spurs defense inside out. he had a nice cheeky back flick goal too, and ronaldo's goal was a screamer.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
But you forget it's Liverpool. They can slump at any time :p As for Newcastle, they aren't close to where they were last season...

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by copious
did anyone watch the man utd vs tottenham game. Ryan Giggs was on fire all game, tormenting the spurs defense inside out. he had a nice cheeky back flick goal too, and ronaldo's goal was a screamer.

did u see his run and how van nisterooy screw up? fark..and he also made this run and the defender was like circling himself..

and i must admit..bellion has potential..very very very fast..

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
haha yeah ruud stuffed up that goal bad, he over ran it a bit. and yeah bellion looks handy , he impressed me more in his 5 mins on than forlan did in his 85 min stint.

also. is it just me or solsjakaer doesnt look good playing on the right wing.

^___^
HSC
bellion was quick and ran into his positons very well..
his pace is such an advantage...

i wonder why fergie doesn't play him...

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Kak again man of match in Milan-3-1-Parma even though he only plyed 65 minutes... worlds best player in under 2 seasons.

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by reynaldo
Kak again man of match in Milan-3-1-Parma even though he only plyed 65 minutes... worlds best player in under 2 seasons.
he has been my fav player for the past 2season, i noticed him when Milan were scouting him and i thought "is he that good?"

so i was really excited when he went to Milan ahead of schedule..and woah...

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
bellion an ronaldo are awesome prospects, fergz should play dem more often ... giggs had a screamer of a game! 3 awesome goals!
nice game to watch ...
arsenal wins agen ... equals record!
kaka v juninho v henry for player of the year?

Last edited:

^___^
HSC
kaka won't win player of the yr..lol

young player he might..the political bullshit that Blatter is involve means Kaka will get a chance like 2-3yrs time and Juinho(from french league) will not win it cos he isn't playing in the Big3...most likely Henry will win it..or Shvencko

Man Utd's 3goal shows that they still haven't lost the fluency and speed of their play..

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
yes henry is the obvious best choice...
who will win euro 2004?

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by RUB!X
yes henry is the obvious best choice...
who will win euro 2004?
i'm an england supporter..if we can get a fit squad, smei final is a realistic chance..cos if the players are fit, i dun see them fearing anyone

but for a real chance winner, i can't go pass France, Italy and Portugal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)