• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread 2004 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
farina resorting back to a 4 -4 -2 formation. im interested to see a bit more of vieri, good thing hes starting.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
well the match was being played in wales, they wouldnt get to see much quality football there. and arsenal and chelsea have plenty of flair in their sides too. shame there isnt too much through the rest of the division.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Well it's official : Gerard Houllier has left Liverpool FC by 'mutual consent'

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,7-1136601,00.html

GH: "I have four special memories that I take away with me. Michael Owen scoring the winner against Arsenal with his left foot (FA Cup Final 2001) :D, Gary McAllister being handed the Man of the Match award against Alaves, the mosaic when I was recovering from heart surgery and Steven Gerrard taking his daughter around the pitch on the last day of the season"

Last edited:

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
hmm it was coming, they havnt looked like going on and achieving big things the last couple of years. i think they really need that extra cash injection from the thai pm in order to buy a world class player or two.

anyway, turkey won 1 - 0 against the socceroos from a nice free kick by nihat, but geeze the aussies were unlucky not to score. they played alot better than the previous game and poor finishing if anything, cost them the game. skoko had a shitload of shots outside the box, if only it was kewell taking them one of them might of gone in. grella and bresciano connected well in the midfield with a few grella thru balls nearly being converted to goals by bresciano. if there was one downfall it was the fullbacks, they struggled with the pace of the turkish wingers. but then again it was lazaridis and vidmar, not the fastest blokes in the game currently.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
sooo unlucky not to get a goal ... 4-4-2 works much better than that 5 man midfield (what was farina thinking?) ah well good prac for socceroos ...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
hmm, it took the Board a while to see the plain obvious: poor buys or buys which didn't pay off, and subsequent inability to claim anything worthwhile.

As for Australia, I hope we can find someone who can finish. :p

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
saw he was pretty agro during the press conference on the news...wasnt happy....

quoirez gone as well haha prolly deserved that after massive massive choke.... thats for jumping ships last yr....

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I think he was sorta rorted, I mean, at least the last manager had Hierro and Makelele.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
When do you think they'll start the ECL Final tomorrow morning on SBS? Don't wanna wake up at 4am and find out they start of 6am especially when I have a class test tomorrow.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
When do you think they'll start the ECL Final tomorrow morning on SBS? Don't wanna wake up at 4am and find out they start of 6am especially when I have a class test tomorrow.
I think the actual game starts @ 4:45, so there'll be 45 mins of build up & analysis by a panel of 'experts' (incl. Craig Foster :rolleyes: )

Yeh well i've got a test 2moro too, so i cant be stuffed waking up that early, but maybe for last 15mins or so - to see cup presentation, etc. :p

Btw, good luck in Econ 2moro flyin' & Allez Monaco! :)

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
esta jogo vai estar muito interessante..

claro, vai estar de portugus aquele vitria :)

Fora Oporto.. o azul e branco!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)