Soccer Thread 2004 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
hmm aust had a few players out, but as gen said they lacked urgency and intensity.

eyebrowman

HSC
haha who saw that somersault bresciano?
did in the penalty box that won him the penalty? haha

and that thing with emerton and the turkish player..

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
It's a learning experience for the Socceroos. But then they should've learnt by now. :p Also depth is important. :D

Where were our defenders again?

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
rough game ... ref was a disgrace ... we deserved better i thought ... oh well ... samuel off to madrid, they now have a defender who can defend!

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
hmm defenders as in lucas neil, craig moore and hayden foxe and co? no idea, probaly injuted.

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by HeCtic
i hear that xabi alonso might be on his way there too. now that would be an awesome signing. the guy is all class.
theyve been alot of rumours.. i'd say the closest to going to Real is Joaqin Snchez (Betis) who would replace Figo on the right (if he left).. i think this is more likely than not as this summers transfer campaign for Real will be different to others - considering they have signed a world class defender. But youre right, Xabi Alonso, along with Torres, is probably the brightest prospect in Spain.

Real REALLY need a defensive mid tho.. Guti is a natural attacker, Beckhams tackling skills/persistency leave alot to be desired and Ivan Helguera.. well.. hes not exactly world class..

If Real picked up one of Vieira, Dacourt, Emerson.. they would have done well.. forget signing Ruud van Tap-in unless you wanna pay 35 million for someone to warm the bench..

but of course, like Chelsea, Real will have to learn the concept of "team unity" - which is what Arsenal, Milan + Valencia have, and is why they have won their specific leagues this season.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
3 - 0 man u over millwall. wasnt a bad game to watch, ronaldo did a few usual tricks, how good was his cross though, he hadhis right foot behind his left and chipped it into the centre.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
total miss-match, but millwall played alright ... as good as they could i guess ... ronaldo/giggs/keane played very well ... also ifill played well for millwall ... btw do millwall get any financial reward for playing in the final?

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
yeah from memory the winner gets 2 million pounds and the runners up get 1 million pounds.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by copious
hmm defenders as in lucas neil, craig moore and hayden foxe and co? no idea, probaly injuted.
Oh, yeah. We do have defenders. But probably injuried (both CB).

As for the FA Cup final, I thought Millwall did well during the first-half before the goal. But after the goal, Man Utd started playing.

eyebrowman

HSC
i only managed to wathc the first half..but the from what i saw the game was soo one sided

milwall only had a few chances, and 75% of the time man u had hte ball and were attacking

and yeh, keane, giggs, roandlo had a good game

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
GO U MIGHTY UNITED.....FA CUP WINNERS 2004......DID ANYONE GO TO THE SOCCEROOS VS TURKEY MATCH IN SYDNEY?......I THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD GAME, A GOOD ATMOSPHERE BUT THE TURKS WERE TOO GOOD IN THE END

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by A2RAYA
I THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD GAME, A GOOD ATMOSPHERE BUT THE TURKS WERE TOO GOOD IN THE END
yeah, just like in the bundesliga.... it was a great atmosphere at the Olimpiastadion, but in the end, Werder Bremen were too good :)

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
well ronaldo had one hell of a game. he's gonna be some player in a couple of years time.

next season is gonna be awesome with ronaldo,reyes and robben all playing in the premiership and liverpool are bringing ciss in too. so many good attackers coming in but no real class defenders being signed by english clubs. altho villa did sign laursen for 3mill. him, mellberg and sorenson is going to be a solid defence.

oh, and here's a good reyes tribute video from some seville fans who seem to miss him already. the dodgy google translation makes the page seem a tad funny tho :D

link to reyes

Last edited:

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Originally posted by reynaldo
yeah, just like in the bundesliga.... it was a great atmosphere at the Olimpiastadion, but in the end, Werder Bremen were too good :)
after all this time i still dont think he noticed :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)