Soccer Thread 2004 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
don't blame trap.. any and i mean any italian coach wouldve done the same job ie. not win anything, same with spain..

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by flyin'
don't blame trap.. any and i mean any italian coach wouldve done the same job ie. not win anything, same with spain..
Trap's made some stupid team decisions thus far..

- playing with Zanetti/Perrotta in midfield when they both had indifferent seasons and are obviously not the strongest holding mids Italy can offer

- playing DP ahead of Cassano (1st game)

- not taking Vieri off in Sweden game (after missing 5 free headers)

- insisting on playing Camoranesi, even tho he cant tackle, pass anymore than 5 metres or provide any sort of through ball or decent cross..

- leaving Di Vaio on the bench against Sweden even though his speed and agility would have been far more dynamic than Vieri and possibly won the Azzuri the game..

imo Capello would have been a gr8 Azzurri coach.. every club he has been at (Real, Milan, Roma..) have been challengers (and usually winners) of their respective club titles. A far better coach than Trap..

As for Spain, your right there, no matter what coach they have, they will never win a thing.. 36 years and counting.. :)

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
i really hope italy lose to bulgaria, stupid trap, we aint in the stone age, football believe it or not has changed, so should his tactics ...

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
and the divine ponytail shouldve been there on merit (hes classier and in better form then del piero anyway)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
lol who would of thought aye, that result is just too convenient :D . Bye bye Italy, thats 2 failures in a row (world cup ,euro).

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Hmmm 2-2, they didn't, did they? ;)

Even if they did 'collude', it's Italy's own fault for not finishing the Swedes off in their previous game.

Go Scandinavia!!! :D

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
no conspiracy!

Its all Italian arrogance and assumption that the only way they could be knocked out of a tournament is by conspiracy - when the truth is they didn't play well enough to deserve to qualify, whereas Sweden & Denmark did.

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by reynaldo
no conspiracy!

Its all Italian arrogance and assumption that the only way they could be knocked out of a tournament is by conspiracy - when the truth is they didn't play well enough to deserve to qualify, whereas Sweden & Denmark did.
That is true. Italy didnt deserve to qualify based on their performances. They barely scrapped past bulgaria. And if u watched the game, u would have seen that the swedes and danes actually played for the win. But in the last 3mins after the goal to make it 2-2, u could see they stopped trying and where just playing around with the ball.

Anyway, go the Czechs, i hope they beat germany so the dutch can make it through even though they dont deserve to.

Who do u guys think has been the player of the tourney so far? heaps of my friends reckon Rooney, but i say Nedved.

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
hahaha go Henry! what a comeback from a poor first half performance

I knew Henry and Trezeguet never worked well together , as i found it strange that Henry wasnt playing as wide as he usually does.....

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
haha yeah if they didnt stuff up with 0 all draw with denmark 1st game then they sure lost their chance with the 1-1 all draw with sweden....especially considering how they dominated that game and once they scored, trap decided to bring on the defendres and surrended....

czechs gonna bring out a second string team arent they....german is even less deserving than the dutch

flowin'

Originally posted by Seraph
hahaha go Henry! what a comeback from a poor first half performance

I knew Henry and Trezeguet never worked well together , as i found it strange that Henry wasnt playing as wide as he usually does.....
Trez is out of form.

And Henry doesn't get the ball played to him as quickly for counters as he does for Arsenal.. or so the analyst said.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Ferreira follows Mourinho
New Chelsea FC manager José Mourinho has raided his former club FC Porto for the services of Portuguese international Paulo Ferreira.

The rediculous story continues ...

yes and btw wtf was with swedens last goal v denmark, the keeper spills it with like couple mins left, n then he goes crazy (good acting) at his defence ... 2-2 ... but italy did not deserve to go thru ...

Last edited:

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
to say the 2-2 was a sticth up is pretty bullshit to me. the scandinavian countries all have a pretty big rivalry going there, it'd be like england and scotland doing a deal!

and it's a tad rich for italians to complain about it anyway, isn't there a huge match fixing culture in italy anyway? i heard that plenty of serie b,c teams etc have been investigated about it even pretty recently. and wasn't the great paolo rossi found to have been involved in match fixing at some point in his career?

ah well, at least i can look forward to tonight. i got 5-2 that the germans will do the czechs and go through!

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
i think the czechs are resting alot of players ...

Last edited:

funniboi

HSC
I've got money down for 2-1 Holland vs Latvia

Holland's way of course! =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)