• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread 2004 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

acmilan4eva

HSC
N/A
wif their team they will be lucky to qualify for the world cup, their best goalie was in the 1st divisoin for half the season then on to man city who nearly relegated..umm get a keeper who can save goals, they rely a guy who can take only free kicks not penalities...2 misses in one tournament thats shit. also their league is wif all foreign players so when they vsed france it was more likely arsenal vs england. BYe Bye England

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Newbie

and yeah
fucken ashley cole
dirty motherfucker, ronaldo owned him

i dont know what you were watching but Cole shut down Ronaldo 95 % of the time

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Seraph
Its true.. but Cole's gonna have to work on his temper, he gives the ref a mouthful every time he's penalised :)

Aerials

your member for ulladulla
HSC
Originally posted by reynaldo
Its true.. but Cole's gonna have to work on his temper, he gives the ref a mouthful every time he's penalised :)
lol who cares?! its pretty damn funny when youre watching at home and going for Portugal (though its a pretty big insult to the foundations of the game).

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
HAHA GO GREECE. the big guns are falling quicker than the berlin wall.

Seraph

HSC
N/A
omfg.....

DaCourt and Trezeguet... so bloody useless

sigh..

HSC
omfg... why is spain eternally unlucky...
shoved into the same starting group as the two semi-finalists... rargh!

who goes for who now?
c'mon czech rep...

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Originally posted by whiterabbit
omfg... why is spain eternally unlucky...
Theyre not, shit team selections, unfathomable substitutions and tactics, apparent divisions in the squad based on the region a players from and a lack of any quality in defence meant they were destined for failure again!!

And in other news it looks like Chelsea have got Steven Gerrard now.

bbc link

Another midfielder, thats all they need. :rolleyes:

HSC
Originally posted by HeCtic
Theyre not, shit team selections, unfathomable substitutions and tactics, apparent divisions in the squad based on the region a players from and a lack of any quality in defence meant they were destined for failure again!!
Surely they were good enough to make quarter finals...? no..? Mb im just wallowing in my own anger..

And in other news it looks like Chelsea have got Steven Gerrard now.
Chelsea are buying everyone... everyone except Raul... :D

is a roflcopter
HSC
Originally posted by Seraph
shutdown if they were playing rugby

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
i remember ronaldo getting past cole twice out of at least a dozen or so attempts in the whole game, and one of those was in the 110th minute or so, when hargreaves decided he couldnt be bothered tracking back anymore leaving cole to deal with two players.

cole's challenges were strong but legal and if youre gonna use that rugby analogy then maybe little cristiano isn't cut out for the premiership? i see dozens of challenges per game which were far worse than anything ronaldo against england.

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
oh, for sure;

You have the Basques such as Xabi Alonso (Sociedad), Joseba Etxeberria, Daniel Aranzubia (Bilbao)

The Catalans including Hernández Xavi, Garc_a Gabri, Carles Puyol (Barcelona)

The Valencians - Vicente Rodr_guez, Rubén Baraja, David Albelda, Carlos Marchena, Santiago Cañizares (Valencia)

The Castillians, Gutiérrez Juanito, Joaqu_n Sánchez Rodr_guez (Bétis), Fernando Torres (Atlético), Iker Casillas, Raúl Bravo, Raúl Gonzales, Fernando Morientes, Iván Helguera (Real Madrid)

The Galicians .. Juan Carlos Valerón, Mart_n César, Albert Luque, Joan Capdevila (Deportivo)

as you can see, 5 seperate groups, all with different dialects of Spanish and in the case of the Basques, separatist politicians and Militia.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
hmm what difference would that make anyway? they are professional footballers, many of the best teams around the world have culture clashes within their players. the point is, despite their enormous array of talent spain choke so badly on the world stage, in recent times.

Originally posted by Newbie
shutdown if they were playing rugby
lol, Ronaldo got tamed, just admit it. i would suspect that alot of defenders in the premiership are studying videos of ronaldo during the pre-season so they can develop a proper way of marking this live wire. cant wait to see kevin muscat go in for a slide tackle or two!

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
I dunno, the regional rivalries in some parts of the world can be especially intense and it looks like Spain is one of those places. The whole history of the country from their basque seperatists to general Franco etc , a lot of people still might not be able to get over it, and footballers would be no different. Even in the dutch squad historically there have been huge cliques and divisions formed by the Feyenoord, Ajax and PSV players and it can be unhealthy for a team.

I'm not saying this is why they were knocked out, just that its one of the many reasons and could explain a lack of unity in the squad maybe?

Anyway, was i the only one who thought the swedes were a tad unlucky last night? It was one of the better 0-0's you'll see and wasn't as boring as some would have you believe.

Tonights match should be quality too, especially with Nedved and Tommasson both playing well there might be some good goals.

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Even in the dutch squad historically there have been huge cliques and divisions formed by the Feyenoord, Ajax and PSV players and it can be unhealthy for a team.
The Surinamers (inc. Seedorf, Davids and Kluivert esp.) have caused ALOT of problems for Oranje in recent years..

Holland vs Portugal.. close.. but i will stick with Os Portuguesas

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by reynaldo
The Surinamers (inc. Seedorf, Davids and Kluivert esp.) have caused ALOT of problems for Oranje in recent years..

Holland vs Portugal.. close.. but i will stick with Os Portuguesas

haha, yea i remember something like that
but the old england was like that too..like in the past, players who came from arsenal, liverpool and man utd won't seat near each other during dinner or something

hahaha..

portugal to win tournment

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Something a bit diff, was with a bunch of mates having a yarn over who the most over rated players currently are. IMO ;

Beckham : great passer and kicker, but along way from being a complete midfielder.

Crespo and van tap in : they both just wait in the box for midfield service, rarely do you some them run at defenders like henry and ronaldo.

Landon Donovan ; he should just stay in the MSL , his stints in germany were a flop.

Seraph

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ...
haha, yea i remember something like that
but the old england was like that too..like in the past, players who came from arsenal, liverpool and man utd won't seat near each other during dinner or something

hahaha..

portugal to win tournment
well if i was an arsenal player i wouldnt like to sit near a man utd player either :D

oh yea as for Holland i dont thnik it was all the surinamers causing the problems i thought it was just Kluivert (a while ago)

Also wasnt there someone else (not from surinamer) that was causing huge problems few years ago??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)