• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread 2004 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
indeed they are.

watching the game again, did anyone notice the million angles they showed the cole and edu incidents yet funnily enought they decided to leave out cole running 50 metres to commiserate with and shake anelka's hand?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by IP_freely
does ne1 no how old Anelka was when he played for Arsenal coz hes been 2 a few a clubs n hes only 24 (correct me if im wrong)
Wasn't he like 18 or 19... then had stints in Liverpool and Madrid (Real)... before City.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Ah, the stepping stone club... which noone's heard of :p except that Brazilian whose at the Catulans...

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
o brasileiro magnifico do Prto Alegre (Grmio), agora de Catalunya? O Ronaldinho era um jogador grand em Franais tambm..

i used to be fascinated by Paris Saint Germain during the mid-90's... mainly because their kit was very similar to Milan's (adidas) and they had the same sponsor (Opel)

i believe Bayern were also similar appearance-wise to the aforementioned clubs..

and while on the subject of the Catalans.. i believe their transfer budget for this European summer is somewhere in the vicinity of 90million euros..

not bad for a club with a debt of about 3 times that... :rolleyes:

^___^
HSC
ahahaa

who are they gonna buy but

they need a proper defender (puyol is injuried atm and needs another partner)

their strike force is shocking atm...

^___^
HSC
ahahahahhaahhahaaaa...

We're better that United - Henchoz

Liverpool have trailed in United's wake for 18 months, having got to second spot in the championship - one place ahead of United - in May 2002.

But the Swiss defender is still defiantly claiming that - man for man - he believes Liverpool have better players.
'If you were then to take four players from the bench, I would still have the same impression.

'You should realise that I am talking about players being at the top of their form, because I have seen our players at the top of their form.'

He adds: 'In fact, when each player is on top form I would even go so far to say we are superior to Manchester United.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
lol thats the funniest shit ive heard in a while, even worse than when wenger said his team was the best in england even after losing the premiership to man utd last season. henchoz is crap anyway.

how good was jose antonio reyes debut for the gunners, an own goal!

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
he nearly scored a goal and should've gotten a penalty. if he did that then he'd be hailed as the next henry already.

first game in england,on a mud pitch, playing with a half-baked side who didn't give a shit. once henry, pires, freddie are back he'll get far more chances to do something.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Boro usually don't score goals, so it says something... good ol' aging defenders :D

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
ah but you see if we actually gave a shit about this comp then we wouldnt have rested so many of our players. we rested henry,pires,campbell,lehmann,lauren,bergkamp and gilberto while we were missing ljungberg, aliadiere,wiltord,kanu through injury/inavailability etc.

the fact that our reserves and young'ns got us to a semi-final is and achievement in itself considering how many other premiership teams actually did try to win it (manu etc not included obviously)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
It's all Pires' fault that Arsenal aren't being awarded penalties ;):p

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
reyes shouldve got one, but the ref wasn't giving anything all night long unless you went out and tried to scythe down the opposition player. he was letting all the niggly little fouls committed by both teams go unpunished and this made the game a bit shit to watch,

but meh our youths got us to the semi's while manyoo's couldnt get past west brom.

Numero Uno

HSC
bah i love this guy what will he come up with next ?

when Arsenal lose to Wolves

he'll say ehh henry was sick
or pires should havve got a penalty
or millers goal was offside

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Originally posted by Numero Uno

when Arsenal lose to Wolves

heh.

we're not that shit.

i don't think i offered too many cop-outs for the loss either. basically we fielded a shit team cos the care factor on this comp wasn't particularly high, and reyes didnt have as bad a game as the meeja is making out. he'll be a top player soon enough.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I have an odd feelin' that Arsenal may exceed expectations in ECL this year... Hmmm. ^o)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
lol never!!! they have what you can call chronic european chokers syndrome.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)