Soccer Thread 2004 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Originally posted by timbk2
rofl sucked in.
dude... liverpool lost as well, that's a bit more important than man u getting raped by city atm

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
i guess ur right, arsenal does have one or two other good scores ( pires, ljungberg and reyes), put thats it.

as for reynaldo, not everyone in the AC team is that good.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
wiltord should be bak soon, that will boost our strike power, but i heard he wants 2 go bak 2 france... damn...

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
arsenal have more french whiners in the squad, one being jeremie aledaire(spelling) who is actually half decent.

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by reno2004
as for reynaldo, not everyone in the AC team is that good.
as for reno2004, yes they are ;) :

Nesta - World's best defender (im sure no one would dispute)
Maldini - Worlds greatest defender and captain
Dida - 2nd best keeper (behind Buffon)
Pancaro - Squadra Azzuri (ok, a few years ago) but has an EXCELLENT left foot cross.
Kaladze - Formidable left back AND Georgia's best player! (also shut down Figo in the Milan-Real game last season)
Cafu - Once the greatest right wingback still playing - and sometimes shows he is still up there. So many Assists, and World Cup Winning Captain (and won in '94 as a youngster)
Inzaghi - Squadra Azzuri and last season over 30 goals.. inversatile BUT lethal.
Tomasson - Scores against any team at any time (as long as he is a substitute). Danelands finest.
Gattuso - Best ballwinner in Italy
Pirlo - Best deep playmaker in Europe
Simic - Solid right back. Underrated
Abbiati - Italy's third (sometimes second) choice 'keeper. Keep in mind he rejected an Arsenal first choice position to stay at Milan and remain 2nd choice ;)
Ambrosini - exhuberant holding midfield. has interested Real Madrid with his performances as a sub. also underrated.
Borriello - young up and comer.. he is ok.
Abate - 17 years old and already in Milan's senior squad. the next Totti?

as you can see by my unbiased account, Milan only employ the finest of players.. except for Laursen, as mentioned previously :D

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
i guess they do have a good squad, but they are all italians in an italian league, so u would expect them to do well in the Serie A.

Anyhow, the will still win the Champions League so i guess i may not be right after all.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Arsenal don't need Wiltord, they've played better this season without him than they ever did with him

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
yeah, lols...
true that...
but if henry is out arsenal is in the shit...
aldiere needs more time on pitch, more experience...

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
yeah wiltord has just become another bench player recently, he is no longer as good as he used to be.
Arsenal should get rid of and buy someone to replace bergkamp so that they have 3 good strikers

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
bergkamp is a great player, his vision and passing are world class, he sets up alot of goals... who should replace him?
does any player fill these shoes?

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ricenoodles
Lilian Thuram
obviously you don't follow Italian league..

Thuram has gone downhill for the last few years, this season especially.. don't be suprised to see him leave Turin this (European) summer because if he stays, he will be eclipsed by the young talent coming in like Daniele Bonera and maybe Mexs.

to compare him to Nesta.. quite amusing

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
lols, i agree...
maybe a few yrs ago Thuram was the best, but atm no way...

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
ok ok lets settle this, asrenal is nothing without henry, in his top form hes one of the best, and without him arsenal would go AWOL without his stability and ability to know wot to do, he gives the team meaning.....coz otherwise keown will do sumthing stupid (again)...

and, yeh i agree AC look like the top team anywhere in the world dspite that world club championship crap, so woteva players they got, they're damned good at wot they do to earn their money

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Arsenal are still a decent team without Henry.. for now. Next year they'll definitely need a new striker though, Jeffers' loan to Everton did nothing for his maturity whatsoever, so with Bergkamp to retire, they'll need to rely on more than just Henry and Reyes. That is unless of course they do keep Wiltord, I'm sure Wenger would be keen

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I would like to see how far Arsenal would progress in the ECL without Henry. I mean, if Man Utd were vicious and had a player break Henry's leg or something, you wouldn't get much money from betting against Arsenal winning against a non-EPL team.

Emma8701

Henry makes up alot for Arsenals force but theyd stil b a good team witout him ders no denying that

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
A good team, eh? Perhaps. But a good team wouldn't do well against the semi-giants (don't consider the giants who'd squash an Arsenal without an Henry) of European football, like Valencia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)