Social Life (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
ITT: USyd has higher UAI cutoffs for Combined Law and Aeronautical and Space Engineering. Also I have an active social life and I'm doing fine. You'd rather socialize but not in class when it's work time. Other than that go for it.
Dude you're using ITT wrong. ITT means In This Thread.

Anyways, if you want a really good UAI, isn't school enough of a social life? Obviously you'll have to give up partying (unless it's like, a celebration/post exam) and going out often, but school will keep your social life fulfilled enough I suppose..

oly1991

HSC
Dude you're using ITT wrong. ITT means In This Thread.

Anyways, if you want a really good UAI, isn't school enough of a social life? Obviously you'll have to give up partying (unless it's like, a celebration/post exam) and going out often, but school will keep your social life fulfilled enough I suppose..
well i kind of disagree with school social life being enough. yr 12 is a year when many people have big partys/celebrations because there turning 18 which imo should not be missed in life.

dp624

HSC
well i kind of disagree with school social life being enough. yr 12 is a year when many people have big partys/celebrations because there turning 18 which imo should not be missed in life.
do em in uni, more time

duckcowhybrid

HSC
ITT means In Total Truth. Also yeah do more parties in Uni etc but don't sacrifice your social life.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Are you kidding me?
Urban Dictionary said:
Usually done in all caps, it is the first post on a fourm
It directly mean In This Thread
Anyways, turning 18 isn't that big, just a party.
Turning 21 is the big one.

dd24

ßorɜɗ ɳɜpali
HSC
study really hard and not have a social life, i mean hey its only this year u sacrifice dude

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
This is going to sounds like a really ridiculous question but seeing it is of such extreme importance I think it is worth talking about. My question is this which is better having a really good social life during the HSC (and not giving 100%) or studying really hard and not having a social life. i.e going to a really prestigous school and having no friends or going to an academically weak school but having a lot of good friends. Just a quick thought... perhaps the secret is to have a balance of both (but for some of us for whatever reasons this is hard to accomplish)
Since when were they mutually exclusive?

Kaatie

HSC
everyone that i know who has gotten 95+ goes to parties gets pissed etc

Gunner4lyfe

HSC
1)IF you have a NORMAL social life.(good number of friends...go out sometimes...).
...you do well in school...get a good uai..go to uni

2)IF you DONT have a social life at all...and you study a real lot ...you wont do VERY well in school cause ull lose urself into something like mayb the computer or ur own thoughts or get addicted to something ......
unless you're one of those brilliant awsm nerds.

3)If you have a Fantastic social life...go out everyday...drink and party urself dead......but dont do much study...you wont do well at all..

thats why....it always helps to have good friends who you know well and go out with .....as they will without doubt INSPIRE you to do well along with them :)

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
1)IF you have a NORMAL social life.(good number of friends...go out sometimes...).
...you do well in school...get a good uai..go to uni

2)IF you DONT have a social life at all...and you study a real lot ...you wont do VERY well in school cause ull lose urself into something like mayb the computer or ur own thoughts or get addicted to something ......
unless you're one of those brilliant awsm nerds.

3)If you have a Fantastic social life...go out everyday...drink and party urself dead......but dont do much study...you wont do well at all..

thats why....it always helps to have good friends who you know well and go out with .....as they will without doubt INSPIRE you to do well along with them :)
Wise wise man.

shell.q

HSC
this is a good question. for me it will be really different. this yr, all my friends turn 18 im 18 in just under a month and we will def be partying.
i only have 3 subjects this yr so yeah i might have the time, but i also have to allow for an illness and my work in there.
in two yrs time all those ppl tht i do communicate with wont matter much, yeah of course i have those best and close firneds who will. i find it more important to have a few close friends then heaps of distant ones. andmy social life is balance out well. even if it includes spending time with family.
as for next yr, i wont use school as a social thing like i do this yr just go, learn and leave my two lessons a day. but i plan to still keep in contact with those close friends.
i think yes having a balnce between school and social is improtant but dont make it everything, if u lose a friend through watever. in 3yrs time when ur in ur last yr of uni, who is going to care? u just have to realise what u want, study, have fun and get through it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)