Social networking for HSC period (1 Viewer)

dalalxa

HSC
Hey guys, I know this is silly topic , but I was thinking about deleting my instagram account for this year. For anyone who has done this or didn't end up doing it, does it make a difference? Because i'm really considering.

I need suggestions and opinions about what i should do????

Thankyou.

QZP

HSC
If you have at least some basic level of self discipline i.e. not spending most of your time on social media, then there really is no need to take such extremities. It's not like you are going to spend 100% of your time studying... that is simply ineffective. I know I had 2-5 hours spare time each weekday.

Last edited:

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
I deleted Facebook and Twitter. Worked well, considerable difference in amount of time I spent procrastinating. I see all my mates at school and If I want to talk to anyone I'll SMS them. I don't think Instagram will make a huge difference though tbh, unless you spend a lot of time on it. But for me, no social media worked well in 2014 and I'm definitely carrying it over in 2015.

dalalxa

HSC
I deleted Facebook and Twitter. Worked well, considerable difference in amount of time I spent procrastinating. I see all my mates at school and If I want to talk to anyone I'll SMS them. I don't think Instagram will make a huge difference though tbh, unless you spend a lot of time on it. But for me, no social media worked well in 2014 and I'm definitely carrying it over in 2015.
I go on it every day.. :/ i do think it will be an issue.

mreditor16

HSC
pretty much the same for me during prelim and hsc. got off social media, esp fb. any communication that was necessary was through email and sometimes text.

Chris_S

HSC
Just do what i do, if it is really bothering you just delete the app while you need to study or just log out so you do not see the notifications :)

esaitchkay

HSC
Take a break! You can't study 24/7. I was on insta/fb a couple times a day. Just do something to relax - you don't want to burn out.

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
u could give me ur phone to lock away until you've finished studying

i'll only take like a million selfies

not a lot

nah honestly sis do what I did with tumblr, delete it, then make a new one

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd consider deleting it considering it's distracting you :/

baci

HSC
delete it, best decision i ever made. didnt get it back even post hsc hahaha

Swaan

Stupid Fat Hobbit
HSC
With that attitude ...
What she said is true though lol and at least she's trying

OP, try your best to steer away from social media. It's gonna be hard and I personally didn't have the willpower to do it 100% but hope you are more successful than I was :)

Last edited:
HSC
Delete it :p

During my hsc year I had no form of social media, nothing and it worked perfectly

QZP

HSC
You guys are such extremists... what did you do with your spare time? Or did you study 24/7?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)