Social Science (Criminology) (1 Viewer)

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
Hey i just got bachelor of SoSc in Criminology too! Wow, this is heaps cool. Getting to meet people before the actual classes start. weee!

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
Hey Adamj - i've been wanting this course since i started Senior High. And i can say now - that i'm HEAPS excited about getting it. I plan on doing something like being a Research Analyst for a government sector - working for the police wouldn't be so bad. If i plan on moving back to Canada then FBI HERE I COME! I'm *so* interested in doing Forensic Sciences as one of my electives. How about you?

adamj

Originally posted by babyslug
Hey i just got bachelor of SoSc in Criminology too! Wow, this is heaps cool. Getting to meet people before the actual classes start. weee!
Tell me about it, dats cool.

adamj

Originally posted by babyslug
Hey Adamj - i've been wanting this course since i started Senior High. And i can say now - that i'm HEAPS excited about getting it. I plan on doing something like being a Research Analyst for a government sector - working for the police wouldn't be so bad. If i plan on moving back to Canada then FBI HERE I COME! I'm *so* interested in doing Forensic Sciences as one of my electives. How about you?
I too have seen it as a good pathway, I am interested in Legal Practice and to become a Crown Prosecutor.

Criminology is a good degree, my father completed the BSoSc in Policing at Charles Sturt after completing Criminal Justice at UWS, (similar to the Modern Criminology) and is currently a Sergeant in the Police.

Criminoloy can get you into pretty much almost all law enforcement bodies.

I am going to seek Psychology subjects with the Criminology, personally.

adamj

cool, but the Office of the Sheriff is under the Attorney General's Department, not the New South Wales Police, the Sheriff has no jurisdiction in most police matters in eforcement of prevention.

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
who cares
a sherriff sounds good coz its a high rank
which means more income
das why we goto uni.. so we get more pay
otherwise screw uni.. id be getting a job right now
lol

adamj

No

A sherrif is not a rank, it is an officer of the court. My father is a sergeant in the police, who has worked and managed one of the most sophisticated policing operations in NSW, with praise from superiors, from establishing one of the Best Transit Police units for the Induction Royal Easter Show at Hombush when it first was held there, through to Internal Affiars.

Sherrifs don't need uni degree's they are counted as a Public Service level 3-4 I think, which is reletively low. What happened was we had Sheriffs before police, then after a police was set up, America was independent from Britain, so the change did not follow through to a great extent.

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
Originally posted by natstar
The uai cutoff for my course (B Business marketing @ blacktown) has jumped significantly in the last 2 years from 67.** in 2002 to 73.** in 2003 and this years its 77.00.
and i bet ya n e money it will be in the 80s next year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)