• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

SOFT subjects (the easy way out) . Your thoughts? (1 Viewer)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
risole91 said:
Read rest of this thread.
I think the OP, and half the people in here are retarted.

People calling PDHPE 'soft' because they did it in years 9 and 10. PDHPE is really hard, and theres so much to remember.

stupid opinions.
i have, i think most of the people are just ignorant, its very easy to comment on a subject in a negative way if you dont do it yourself.

HSC
Black.Magic said:
Now don't get me wrong, there are some people who genuinely deserve to do soft subjects. For example, if English isn't your first language, it's fine to do the Standard course. But if you've living in an anglophonic country for your whole life and you do the Standard course and you're not mentally impaired... well, I'm fighting hard not to write expletives.
Why?
Honestly, why do you give a shit what others choose to study? Or have you just realised that you picked the wrong subjects for yourself and the 'hard' subjects you chose are actually making you look stupid in comparison to the people doing the 'soft' subjects?

LAMBERS16

HSC
Ms. BRIGHTSIDE said:
Why?
Honestly, why do you give a shit what others choose to study? Or have you just realised that you picked the wrong subjects for yourself and the 'hard' subjects you chose are actually making you look stupid in comparison to the people doing the 'soft' subjects?
ahahaha. right awwwwn with ya on that one! lol

jazzbaby

HSC
risole91 said:
Read rest of this thread.
I think the OP, and half the people in here are retarted.

People calling PDHPE 'soft' because they did it in years 9 and 10. PDHPE is really hard, and theres so much to remember.

stupid opinions.
+1

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
Black.Magic said:
A list of soft subjects, for those who are a little confused:
-- General maths
-- English Standard
-- Legal Studies. Oh yes.
-- Studies of Religion
-- Geography
-- Business Studies
-- Biology
I did both of these and i can tell you they arent easy. Provided general maths may not be full of complex 'mathematical' equations, but it is hard in its own right. And as for biology it can be considered one of the harder sciences in the fact the chem and physics are simply the same equations reworker, whereas biology has a lot of content to use.

I know that by responding to this thread, you are only getting what you want, that is a reaction, but wtf. I would like to see you do these 'easy' subjects and end up with full marks in all of them. If you cant do this then they obviously arent easy.

qmaz

HSC
not eveyone are brainsurgeons, society has to be balanced, school is no exceptions. if someone isnt good at 4u maths, then they shouldnt attend senior at all?

society needs panelbeaters, office clerks, artists, used car salesmen etc

if we had only doctors or engineers or lawyers, then who would do the dirty work?

anyway i think Black.Magic is just shit stirring

tau281290

HSC
midifile said:
I think it depends on the school.

At my school, biology is definately not a soft subject, infact it is one of the hardest to do well in because the teacher has such high standards. I get higher marks in chemistry and 4 unit maths than I do in biology, even though biology is apparently (according to you) a 'soft subject'.

That said, we do really well in it (last year about 80% of kids got band 6's in it)
WOw shit, 80% got band 6. Your school must be top 5.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
tau281290 said:
WOw shit, 80% got band 6. Your school must be top 5.
Nah. Top 20 :p

Thats not in every subject, just in bio. We do really well in bio because we have a really good teacher, and a lot of the top students do it despite it not being a particularly high scaling subject. However, the internal average is about 50%

Last edited:

tau281290

HSC
midifile said:
Nah. Top 20 :p

Thats not in every subject, just in bio. We do really well in bio because we have a really good teacher, and a lot of the top students do it despite it not being a particularly high scaling subject. However, the internal average is about 50%
Exactly opposite to my school. All those smart students would choose high scaling subjects like chem and phy. There is not a single IPT student lol, i guess its because of its bad scaling.

I feel so much more stressful in chem than in bio because all the top students are in chem. WHereas bio, everyone just slacks off. THere are only 5 or so really competitive students in bio, the rest have dropped since prelim.

Last edited:

fishy89sg

HSC
im surprised ancient history has (until now) escaped from discussion in this thread...........

tau281290

HSC
Exphate said:
If you aren't doing 4U Maths, 4U English, 3U Latin and 2U Physics, you're IQ is <60, and you need to self select.
True that, the thread starter is saying anyone not doing 4U Maths + 4U English + 3U history/languages are retards and they should be wiped out of our community.

This is just to clarify what the thread starter said directly.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Exphate said:
Hahahahaha.

Hahahahahahaha.

Sure, you're response.

Learn to understand a troll.
Not exactly familiar with the troll etiquette provisions, sorry.

/fail life ?

~aussiegirl!~

08 sac baby!
HSC
Where did you get the idea that business studies, legal studies + studies of religion try 2 unit in fact are SOFT SUBJECTS???

You have to be kidding yourself to say that !!!! :mad: LOSER

Try sitting a three hour exam for each

3 religions in depth for religion + aboriginal spirituality & the development of religion in aus, non religion and religon and religion and peace? Which is in fact 5 topics more than 1 unit religion. soft ? yeah right?!

business studies part of it do u even know how hard it is to memorise the syllabus to make sure that every aspect of each heading is included in a business report worth 20 marks or so in the HSC. now you think thats a soft subject? i dont think so!

Legal studies: do you know how long most of the syllabuses are especially CRIME which everyone does and you can easily confuses things with the wrong headings.

soft subjects pffftttt .. funny
Your whacked if you think thats soft! I'd liked to see you try passing or completing these subjects for your hsc!

even the dumb arses dont get basic definitions in business studies like outsourcing? which in fact you learn in the first week of prelim?

Last edited:

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Whoa whoa whoa! Back up with the meritocracy people! Think of all the year 10 kids reading this, and thinking they're retarded because they're considering doing:
-Gen Maths
-Eng standard
-SOR
-PD
-Bio
and so forth. Try to challenge yourselves, but DO NOT choose your subjects based on what others will think of you if you do or do not do them. Seriously. Think of the children.

I'm only in y11 by the way. Good luck to all the 08ers! (including those who do "soft subjects").

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
nice to see a response from Black.Magic (OP) to all of our responses...
i think he just wanted reactions.
he's obviously ignorant anyway.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
I am doing:
Gen maths ,which is all that hard if you do the homework and practice exercises
standard english , is suck at english
Textiles : not soft, heaps of theory to know and you have to do a major
IPT not soft,heaps to know
IT: ok that is soft
SOR1: easy if you know your stuff

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Lol at the amount of people getting defensive over such an ignorant post.

I agree with the OP.

HSC
tommykins said:
Lol at the amount of people getting defensive over such an ignorant post.

I agree with the OP.
Fuck you you fucking wanker cunt fukn asshole! Those subjects are not easyyy!!

Just kidding brother. They are easy, and people that do them are lazy. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)