some one who got a 97.30 ATAR without studying? (1 Viewer)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
This girl sounds great. Haha
And she totes studied the night before, that's all you need.

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
i think the main thing people need to realize is Australia is fairly stupid, doesnt take much to get 95+

2011_

HSC
If this girl genuinely didn't study a lot, I envy her. I got an atar over 97 but a lot of time and hard work went into it.

hayabusaboston

HSC
High IQ.

I wont say more

Carrot, Zombies, Jennings etc will be pissed

Anyway that's it.

Did you guys know in India, school is 2 years ahead for kids of the same age? ie yr 10 kids already do HSC material for their subjects, and for year 11 and 12 they do 1st and 2nd year University material.

qwerty44

HSC
High IQ.

I wont say more

Carrot, Zombies, Jennings etc will be pissed

Anyway that's it.

Did you guys know in India, school is 2 years ahead for kids of the same age? ie yr 10 kids already do HSC material for their subjects, and for year 11 and 12 they do 1st and 2nd year University material.
High IQ doesn't define everything that happens in your life. Every second post you make is about IQ or "The bell curve" or whatever. Relax off the IQ a bit lol

If two people have the exact same IQ, say 140, doesn't mean they have the same memory and same methods of studying.

Last edited:

hayabusaboston

HSC
High IQ doesn't define everything that happens in your life. Every second post you make is about IQ or "The bell curve" or whatever. Relax off the IQ a bit lol

If two people have the exact same IQ, say 140, doesn't mean they have the same memory and same methods of studying.

IQ is the equivalent of computer RAM. Now if you think about that it implies as you say, two people with 140 IQ might not study the same or have the same memory, it just implies.. eh you know what i mean dont you. Mhm. i agree with you actually.

Examine

same
HSC
IQ is the equivalent of computer RAM. Now if you think about that it implies as you say, two people with 140 IQ might not study the same or have the same memory, it just implies.. eh you know what i mean dont you. Mhm. i agree with you actually.
I did your IQ test and got 136. I find it very difficult to memorise work or do good in assessments as well as other people.

Last edited:

hayabusaboston

HSC
I did your IQ test and got 136. I find it very difficult to memorise work or do good in assessments as well as other people.
That is because you might have some inherent piece of cortical processing different to others, most probably erratic acetylcholine activation. Acetylcholine is the chemical in the brain involved in attention, amongst other things. Basically its because your brain cant get into focus as quickly as others. This cortical alteration has nothing to do with lack of intelligence, you got 136 so you are definitely smart, dont get me wrong, just saying some people cant focus AS QUICKLY as others, and if distracted have to start the focusing process all over again. That leads to sometimes unfortunate consequences in tests. So I would venture to assume you get distracted by certain things during assessments and it takes you longer to get back into it. But the good news is, its easy to train yourself to get rid of it.

Examine

same
HSC
Why is it that EVERYTHING you comment about is in some way linked to IQ tests or Bell Curve or natural intelligence? Albeit it is true that IQ does have a bearing on your school results but it isn't the quintessential key to good marks, so seeing you post about the same thing repeatedly is blatantly just plain annoying. We get your point that you have a massive IQ and are, in your own words, "definitely going to get into Usyd MBBS". Stop being so ostentatious....
Calm down with the thesaurus mate.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Calm down with the thesaurus mate.
Mate, soz but there isn't any thesaurus in that. My point simplified is: hayabusaboston posts the same thing over and over and inflates the importance of IQ. I think that even the website got pissed at his sig so it now says "Signature too large".

Examine

same
HSC
Mate, soz but there isn't any thesaurus in that. My point simplified is: hayabusaboston posts the same thing over and over and inflates the importance of IQ. I think that even the website got pissed at his sig so it now says "Signature too large".
No need to replace common words with complex ones with the same resemblance just to make you look smart is what I'm saying. Also if you didn't know he had a different signature to his MBBS one at the time.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Why is it that EVERYTHING you comment about is in some way linked to IQ tests or Bell Curve or natural intelligence? Albeit it is true that IQ does have a bearing on your school results but it isn't the quintessential key to good marks, so seeing you post about the same thing repeatedly is blatantly just plain annoying. We get your point that you have a massive IQ and are, in your own words, "definitely going to get into Usyd MBBS". Stop being so ostentatious....
Mate he was answering "Examine's" question.

It's like someone being asked about pizza and then being told to shut the fuck up about talking about pizza.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Wait, is the chick who got 97.3 with barely any study hot?
Because if she's not then what does it matter?

JustJackie

HSC
Uni Grad
She probably is very bright, but there's always the chance she did more than you thought. Also, I'm sure you are surprised by how much information a bright student can retain with a night of study. (Despite it being exponentially more overtime)

13abie

HSC
i dont know if it is possible, and personally im skeptical about it, but if it is true, its a comforting thought
don't you find it less comforting? I don't find it comforting that a person who doesnt do work can get 97+ when the majority of kids who get 85+ put in consistent work throughout the year. But I do suppose it shows that the system is able to differentiate the brighter kids from the rest, meaning harder uni courses probably have more capable students.

I dunno...I could go either way with whether this is a could thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)