• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Somebody help me.. (1 Viewer)

epicFAILx

HSC
i knew i'd have this problem. i knew itd come up eventually....

im really considering dropping drama for chemistry! :(

PROS:
-i wouldnt have a stingy teacher who thinks that being placed in random groups is benificial..
-id get a better ATAR..or scaled better
-i love chemistry

CONS:
-mabye its too late to catch up
- itd be harder
- i love drama

btw, i talked to the chemistry teacher and they told me that it wouldnt be hard to catch up..as they are revising

SOMEBODY HELP ME

x_cp3

HSC
It's very ironic how you love chemistry and that you didn't pick it in the first place.... very weird..

HSC
Uni Grad
btw, i talked to the chemistry teacher and they told me that it wouldnt be hard to catch up..as they are revising
Totes possible, I slacked off most of the year and crammed a week before each assessment and still ended up with a 96% assessment mark.

epicFAILx

HSC
Totes possible, I slacked off most of the year and crammed a week before each assessment and still ended up with a 96% assessment mark.
well if that is so why do they complain that chem is hard. not the teacher themselves but others

HSC
Uni Grad
well if that is so why do they complain that chem is hard. not the teacher themselves but others
I said it was possible, I personally found Year 11 Chemistry really easy however others may have different experiences.

Gigacube

HSC
It's different for everyone. I think you should do Chem because it opens up so many more career opportunities and it sounds like you want to do it more than drama.

annagurl

HSC
N/A
i knew i'd have this problem. i knew itd come up eventually....

im really considering dropping drama for chemistry! :(

PROS:
-i wouldnt have a stingy teacher who thinks that being placed in random groups is benificial..
-id get a better ATAR..or scaled better
-i love chemistry

CONS:
-mabye its too late to catch up
- itd be harder
- i love drama

SOMEBODY HELP ME
If I were you, i'd ask a friend if they could lend me their excercise book to see what they've done. Then i'd go through it and see if i'd be able to catch up and see if i'm interested in the content. If I liked it, I'd swap subjects :p
I do chem now and we've barely done anything worthwhile. It's all pretty easy so far...

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
If I were you, i'd ask a friend if they could lend me their excercise book to see what they've done. Then i'd go through it and see if i'd be able to catch up and see if i'm interested in the content. If I liked it, I'd swap subjects :p
I do chem now and we've barely done anything worthwhile. It's all pretty easy so far...
Good advise, exactly what I did.

I was going to switch to Chemistry, but thank you lady luck. I was unable to find the head teacher so he could sign me out of IPT. I ended up somewhat finding IPT a fun subject. Think this through carefully.

annagurl

HSC
N/A
Good advise, exactly what I did.

I was going to switch to Chemistry, but thank you lady luck. I was unable to find the head teacher so he could sign me out of IPT. I ended up somewhat finding IPT a fun subject. Think this through carefully.
great minds think alike ;]

K

khorne

I once had a hooker in my crawl space...I find the RAID bug spray works best...but you need about 6 cans...the blue ones are the best too, low odour.

D and T

HSC
I personally would choose chemistry, in the beginning of prelim your probably starting off with the chemical earth which is seriously not that hard to catch up on.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Are you allowed to change this far into prelim? My school has a cut off date before it sends your courses to BOS and cuts off so you get the least number of indicative hours. (My school's cut off was late Feb).

Anyways, do you think you'd find yourself too science bogged by doing three? Because if you love drama you should do it, irrespective of scaling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)