soooooo not ready to start year 12 (1 Viewer)

idling fire

HSC
airie said:
Guess what am I doing right now?

A research sheet on Romanticism that was supposed to be due, erm, last week.

*cough* *shifty eyes*

I'm surprised. :eek:
Lol, I still have english hw from 2 weeks ago, plus everything we've been given since then. There must be a dot point in the English Avanced syllabus saying - Student Outcomes: Students learn to despise the subject as required in previous English courses. Copious amounts of homework is to be set throughout the course of their study, leading students to fulfill the outcome of loss of sanity. The development of skills in procrastination is also an important aspect, preparing the student for integration into the wider commutity after completion of the HSC component.

I'm sure it's there... Check the fine print...

Last edited:
HSC
i'm already starting to feel the effects of 4 units of english cos there's so much reading to be done, reading texts, supplemenatry text, BOS prescribed texts "rolls eyes" and 4 unit past major works (to get an idea of how i'm gna get good marks *cough*)

anyway, bring yr 12 on, lets see how much homework, assessments and exams they can pile on until i have a nervous breakdown, muahahahahahahahaha

probably have one at end of term, when they make our assignments due in like the samew week, for all our subjects -_- i jhate how they do that, all assessxments due in same week

oh well, bring it on

dracnom

HSC
im sooo not ready for year 12, im still not doing homework yet :( need motivation... looking at you guys i feel so ashamed (response to mainly soulsearcher).

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
idling fire said:
Lol, I still have english hw from 2 weeks ago, plus everything we've been given since then. There must be a dot point in the English Avanced syllabus saying - Student Outcomes: Students learn to despise the subject as required in previous English courses. Copious amounts of homework is to be set throughout the course of their study, leading students to fulfill the outcome of loss of sanity. The development of skills in procrastination is also an important aspect, preparing the student for integration into the wider commutity after completion of the HSC component.

I'm sure it's there... Check the fine print...
That's right XD

riotgirl321

HSC
asdf5432 said:
eurghh english is terrible! Actually I'm trying to complete my eng. homework now (obviously unsuccessfully).

As for Year 12.... it's week four, and I'm still not used to it. In fact, hating it a little bit more each day.:confused:
yeah im finding that too, school seems to be getting more crappy by the day and im just using the holidays as motivation to keep going

oh and my regular sugar fix form the canteen.

i have an english oral due next tuesday arrghh, and i havent done one paragraph yet! It sux when ur schools avegage uai is 80 and above...

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Don't think my school even sells lollies. Actually, wouldn't really know though, I'm always forgetting to bring coins :eek:

James747

HSC
At least u guys hv been "seniors" for a year already..... im doing physics but still in yr 10 T^T

HSC
dracnom said:
im sooo not ready for year 12, im still not doing homework yet :( need motivation... looking at you guys i feel so ashamed (response to mainly soulsearcher).
i feel your pain Gangles.McGee :(

Its really depressing how little i have done...and i try to sit down and get started and i do a bit here and there...but i have no motivation...i have no goal!! i dont know why i'm doing this !?!??!

Sofstar

HSC
I feel like im behind on work already and we havent 'officially' started yet (starting tomorrow). I am kinda literally behind on work but *cough*.

I'm agreeing with mortimmortelle, my motivation comes and goes, i usually try and get everything done so i get some free time, or time to play solitaire....hehehe.

HSC
Year 12 is not as big a deal as it seems. Homework however becomes really important, especially in subjects like maths and english. If you manage to do all your homework, either in your frees or at actual home you won't have as much to stress about. Don't waste time though, its amazing how quick the year goes by- I find it hard to believe that I am done, finished forever.

Basically- do all your homework.
Maybe do an extra half an hour every night on any subject you are having trouble with. If you can't even manage half an hour every night (and sometimes I would just be too lazy) then don't worry, you can try the cramming method. Sunday night, exam the next day, study from 10pm-4am, go to sleep, wake up at 8, rush to school, fall asleep after exam. ;)
Tried and tested method. :bomb:

Make friends with your teachers, and in the case of english, ext english+ the history courses, bombard them with essays to mark.

The actual HSC exams seem to be over too fast...one minute you are walking into your first exam (AoS english for you guys most likely) and the next you have finished your last exam and have absolutely nothing to do with your life.

Good luck class of '07

Ozza

HSC
Sofstar: I feel like im behind on work already and we havent 'officially' started yet (starting tomorrow). I am kinda literally behind on work but *cough*.

I'm agreeing with mortimmortelle, my motivation comes and goes, i usually try and get everything done so i get some free time, or time to play solitaire....hehehe.
I'll agree to that, except the main difference being that whilst I get motivated.... it's never to do schoolwork.

Actually, I reckon if we all had to rely on motivation to do our schoolwork, next to nothing would be done. Hence deadlines are a good thing! ;)... I shouldn't have said that, :eek: *runs*

MortImmortelle: Its really depressing how little i have done...and i try to sit down and get started and i do a bit here and there...but i have no motivation...i have no goal!! i dont know why i'm doing this !?!??!
I can tell you why you're doing this... or at least in the way that I understand it from the teachers. Your motivation is that you have to do so good that you make some other guy you don't know go home and cry because you just beat him and made his marks get scaled down. The HSC is breeding your contempt for the common man and his language. In short, do it because you hate everyone and you want to be better than them.

That mightn't be correct, but that's just the way it seems.

Last edited:
HSC
i sometimes have no motivation at all, which means that i end up leaving all of my assignments to the last minute, but in year 12, i guess u can't do that

so this year, i'm practically forcing myself to work 'ahead of schedule', but one main tip i use is the fact that if we ace our HSC subjects, or work really hard and get good marks, we will get a very good UAI and will be able to do really good uni courses, then, with our bachelor degrees in medicine, law, science, etc, we will end up with lots of money $_$ *ch ching*

with that, we can scower the world, and practically do whateva we want, buy wateva we want and have major success

remember, HSC is only one year, if u struggle finding motivation, think of the bigger picture, cos that's what the hsc is setting us up for, the bigger picture, that is life itself

good luck

HSC
Ozza said:
I'll agree to that, except the main difference being that whilst I get motivated.... it's never to do schoolwork.

Actually, I reckon if we all had to rely on motivation to do our schoolwork, next to nothing would be done. Hence deadlines are a good thing! ;)... I shouldn't have said that, :eek: *runs*

I can tell you why you're doing this... or at least in the way that I understand it from the teachers. Your motivation is that you have to do so good that you make some other guy you don't know go home and cry because you just beat him and made his marks get scaled down. The HSC is breeding your contempt for the common man and his language. In short, do it because you hate everyone and you want to be better than them.

That mightn't be correct, but that's just the way it seems.
being the cynical bitch that i am...that is a GREAT point of view...

i'm concocting my mental list of people to beat right now *cackle*

HSC
MortImmortelle said:
being the cynical bitch that i am...that is a GREAT point of view...

i'm concocting my mental list of people to beat right now *cackle*
lol, haha, very good point of view

use people that u don't like as motivation to do well :rofl:

black_humour

HSC
Tis Ridiculous eh?
I can still remember the days in year7 when nothing really seemed to matter. Year12 seemed sooo far off then!! Eek..

Its been a few weeks since starting and my first assessment starts next week. I already have a few notices :S
Im terrified of how this all is going to my UAI.

I wanna slow everything down and take a few breaths, but its impossible to stop the ball when it starts rolling. Darn, I feel old, incompetent and completely not ready for whatever facing me.

Good luck everyone; we're all here for each other.
Cheers <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)