Soy Milk, which tastes best? (2 Viewers)

quik.

HSC
Prob not an issue for 99% of people but if you have a penis, too much soy can have some not great affects so moderation etc

Also dairy milk ftw

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
Prob not an issue for 99% of people but if you have a penis, too much soy can have some not great affects so moderation etc

Also dairy milk ftw
lulz.

dairy is good for kids apparently.
i read an article about those who drank milk as a kid everyday lived longer lives,
and had a less risk rate of stroke.

not sure how that applies to soy milk.
could be the calcium or some other enzymes

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Unfortunately I have discovered that Soy isn't great for people with Thyroid conditions so I have stopped on my quest with trying to get myself to drink it...

The problem still seems to be going out for coffee, I was surprised though to find when out at a place in parra that they had a lactose-free as well as soy option http://www.3one7.com.au/menus/317_drinks_dessert.pdf... wish more places were like that!

So its Zymil at home for me or the occasional bit of dairy when out...

My final verdict (for those wanting to try a lactose-free diet or move to soy):
*I still prefer lactose free cows milk i.e. Zymil , I love it and can actually have dairy based things and not feel gross! Tastes just like real milk but a touch sweeter (not for those who are allergic to dairy)
* Vitasoy So Milky - doesn't have too strong a taste, tastes more like milk
* Vitasoy Calciplus - bit stronger taste than Soy Milky but added calcium
* So Good - ok but not for someone new to Soy
*So Good IceCream (chocolate) - surprisingly good, gets very hard in the freezer though and then melts quickly but taste is pretty good.

I can't wait for cafe's to have the lactose-free cows option, not all lactose intollerant people like or can drink soy, I keep suggesting this to the uni cafe!

evil_kitten

HSC
So Good is a joke.

Bonsoy is the best. Seriously, try it if you haven't.

bonsoy for sure.
my mums doctors have made her switch and its basically the only one that doesnt taste too strong. they use it at the coffee shop near us, and you can barely taste the difference. oh and its got soo much less sugar than the others =D
it can be a bit more expensive though. but may be a good one to start with, to slowly get used to soy.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Why not So Good Soy Milk?
That stuff tastes like 96% water.
It's almost not Soy Milk and lost a large amount of that soy milk texture and composition which the Asian versions retain.
Any product that complies with Food laws will list ingredients in descending order.

Soy milk in coffee FTW.
you just made me post this

[youtube]1EY7lYRneHc[/youtube]

Soy Milk should only be consumed when you are lactose intolerant.
lololol otherwise.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
I like VitaSoy Light & Milky, personally. The one that you get from the fridge (not the UHT). It's actually not too far off regular milk flavour.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
I have many a vegan friend and they all drink rice milk now cos apparently long-term consumption of soy milk is bad for you. Quite bad. They quote lots of evidence but cbf finding it i need to shower.

Rice milk tastes much better than soy milk anyhow.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
I found rice milk really watery... and sweeter?
And went yucky when I put it in cereal..

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Yes it is sweeter. But that's why I like it so.

But yes. Soy milk. Unhealthy.

And I'm not biased cos I lived on soy milk for years because of eczema.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Ah well, lol, I drink either soy/skim cow's milk, so I'm sure the occasional soy milk hit won't kill me.

yeah_boy

HSC
I have many a vegan friend and they all drink rice milk now cos apparently long-term consumption of soy milk is bad for you. Quite bad. They quote lots of evidence but cbf finding it i need to shower.

Rice milk tastes much better than soy milk anyhow.
I think it's not as bad if you're drinking organic soy milk, and bleh, better than cow's milk

ay0_x

HSC
Anything is better than cow's milk.

And soy is terrible and has a crap load of carcinogenic properties.

Almond or rice milk are slightly better but not much. You have to realise how processed soy milk is. And stay the hell away from soy cheese soy yoghurt etc. Tastes gross and its not worth how unhealthy it really is.

You can make your own almond milk and there's heaps of recipes on the net. That's probably the best idea.

I actually just use young coconut milk =\ its heaps sweet and of course tastes like coconut but I got used to it

ay0_x

HSC
Wouldn't coconut milk be heaps fatty though?
It is. I have it maybe once a month. Can't afford buying a young coconut more often than that, and besides, it's too hard to break and extract the juice/milk

I personally care more about how processed something is than how fatty it is. There's good fats and bad fats yaddayaddayadda. Calorie intake is what matters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)