Sparcod's Word Of Advice To Year 11! (Take it) (1 Viewer)

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
shuochen said:
well...almost 2 week in now, and its certainly refreshing ^^ surprisingly the workload havent build up all that muhc yet, but guess that'll come later?
My workload has built up quite a bit though.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
shuochen said:
well...almost 2 week in now, and its certainly refreshing ^^ surprisingly the workload havent build up all that muhc yet, but guess that'll come later?
you'll start feeling the real pressure of senior schooling when term 3 starts. during that period you get a feel of how it be will be like for the next year. but the first term of yr12 isnt that bad.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
... How great. I don't feel that I have *that* much work right now, then again, it's only the end of the second week back :p Ahh prelim exams...don't actually wanna think about it now >.<''' I hate tests. Then again I doubt that anyone would actually like them XP

On a side note, got two emails from here on BoS four days ago telling me I've used up my login quota o.0 But I only logged in that day once...and successfully too. Looks like someone's been trying to log in as me. Weird. I don't know much about IP addresses though...should I go and try to find out who the attempted-imposter is, from their IP address? And should I be worried? :p

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
SoulSearcher said:
the exam cram right?

thats going to be something to look forward to :(
yep leading up to the end of yr11 exams ! but if you start studying early in the term you'll be fine =]

Kirika

HSC
yeah, any more than 2hours a day of study is waaaaay to much unless its right before the exams. year11 is a great time to learn how to do assessment tasks and all the referencing stuff you ignored in earlier years. get inot the habit of doing syllabus notes to. what you covered that week should ideally been in your notes by the next week. and yes, the syllabus is your bible. i had teachers that tried to teach me crap that wasnt on them and it was a complete waste of time. oh and for sayings: "focus, concentrate, stay on task". that was written on the blackboard of everyone of my classrooms. personally i think its a dodgy saying, but hey, whatever gets you in the mood.

Kirika

HSC
yes i should have clarified that i meant during year 11 normal times. and thats excluding homework and assessments. make sure not to overwork in year 11 with 'omg the hsc is near' freakoutedness as it will just stuff you up for the next year. try to just gradually build up a study program that you can handle and then you'll stick with it. when i finished the hsc i felt weird becasue i had an extra four hours in the afternoon, felt quite lost as was used to studying then. use year 11 for exactly what it is: practice. find out what works for you and stick with it.

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
A lot of people seem to have a study timetable sort of thing but I just can't seem to make one for myself. I just study spontaneously, is a study timetable necessary?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
~shinigami~ said:
A lot of people seem to have a study timetable sort of thing but I just can't seem to make one for myself. I just study spontaneously, is a study timetable necessary?
A study timetable can be hard to stick to, especially if things come by and occur which stuff it up, like an extra assignment that you need to squeeze in time for. I just study as I go and do whatever I feel needs to be done, organising it this way is the most flexible too.

P

pLuvia

~shinigami~ said:
Of course not, if you are studying well as the way you are just stick with it

P

pLuvia

SoulSearcher said:
I wouldn't follow that advice if you find that cramming is your best form of studying, it is better to set yourself out a plan to study more often.

But for anything else its true.
I was only just refering to shinigami's statement, as he can't find a way of making a timetable

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
Riviet said:
I just study as I go and do whatever I feel needs to be done,
That's what I do :)

But my parents are always telling me to make a study timetable like everyone else. pft...I'll just stick to what I normally do and maybe turn it up a notch.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
had a study timetable once .... 1 week later i was playing games. (in yr 9)
showed how effective it was for me :p haha

but now, im studying approx. 3-5 hrs nightly.
though, i hardly did any study in prelim and managed to pass ... haha

jsut don't be like my friend and procastinate .... and then complain about the mark you get! really irritates your friends!! *nods* i learn from first-hand experience ... not complaining about the mark thingy .. others complaining about their mark. = =;;

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
shinji said:
had a study timetable once .... 1 week later i was playing games. (in yr 9)
showed how effective it was for me :p haha

but now, im studying approx. 3-5 hrs nightly.
though, i hardly did any study in prelim and managed to pass ... haha

jsut don't be like my friend and procastinate .... and then complain about the mark you get! really irritates your friends!! *nods* i learn from first-hand experience ... not complaining about the mark thingy .. others complaining about their mark. = =;;
i usually set a mental timetable in my head. usually doesn't work though as after i study for one subject for a lengthy period (which usually go over the time i set for it!) i can't be bothered to go study for my next subject. bad habit ><" anyways i think i worked harder during my year 11 prelims then i am working now ! prob because i practically had no distractions whatsoever and the bad habits i developed in the holidays when studying haven't gone away yet. week of utter hell coming up as i only have one week left for my exams but meh i'll be fine =]

Sefi

HSC
Good advice, but i don't see how starting year 11 was 'scary'.
Thinking about how close the HSC is is scary.....and so is maths Ext....but not year 11 in general.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)