Splendour in the Grass 2006 (1 Viewer)

esquared

HSC
WE GOT FUCKING FLOODED.

Camping was TERRIBLE, the complete opposite to last year. MUDDY AND GROSS.
next year there'll be about 20 of us in ajoining cabins. DRY FUN.

otherwise the festival was AWESOME (except for sunday morning hangover and slight girl sadness)

HIGHLIGHTS:

Brian Wilson doing Sloop John B/God Only Knows/Wouldn't It Be Nice
Sonic Youth opening with Brother James
Yeah Yeah Yeahs closing with Date With The Night
Mogwai blowing my mind
Dungen, Death Cab, TVOTR, Snow Patrol, Mos Def

Only complaint is that DJ Shadow was really mediocre.

GOOD TIMES

esquared

HSC
jezzmo said:
The flooding was annoying at first, but there comes a certain freedom when you realise you are a dirty vagabond and mud no longer is something to avoid. The tarp under my tent kept in a constant pool of water under my tent!

Katie, you were probably close to us. We were near marshall B (i think).

esquared ... perhaps i'm way wrong but it seems that nearly everyone who saw both Mogwai and DJ Shadow thought Mogwai was excellent and DJ Shadow was shit. Anyone who didn't see Mogwai thought DJ Shadow was awesome. Correllation? Mogwai shits all over everything!
Im not sure. My mate is a big hiphop thread and a DJ himself, and although he couldnt get to splendour he said the hordern show was terrible too. I dont know many people who dug shadow.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
katietheskatie said:
well, not to say i wasn't (it's splendour, whatever, but it's not like i was on speed like my fucking friends), but i could handle myself just fine. i'd never drink/whatever to the extent of not being able to focus on the band and the music, that's what i'm fucking there to see.

i'm just .. yeah, idk, i just wanted to see bands play. not chase around after fucking idiots. oh well, i saw death cab, i'm more than stoked.
what does idk mean? :wave:

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
jezzmo said:
esquared ... perhaps i'm way wrong but it seems that nearly everyone who saw both Mogwai and DJ Shadow thought Mogwai was excellent and DJ Shadow was shit. Anyone who didn't see Mogwai thought DJ Shadow was awesome. Correllation? Mogwai shits all over everything!
hahaha i love jezzmo :eek:

everyone i spoke to agrees with the mogwai > dj shadow thing. man, im so disapointed i was poor when splendour went on sale :(

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
katietheskatie said:
i don't know
then why do you use it if you don't know what it stands for?
BECAUSE IT STANDS FOR I DON'T KNOW LOL :wave:
LOL!

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
Hahaha Mogwai.

The only people that didn't like Shadow were the skinny jeans wearing/presets loving/chuck taylor/gay hair gronks who jumped on the bandwagon when they read about it in some faggot indie mag. I bet half of you gronks don't have an idea who Paris is.

Shadow was hot minus the technical difficulties, only letdown was the length, I would have been up for a 3hr set. The number song went off.

Mos Def sucked a big one, he should have stopped singing other peoples songs and done some black on both sides material, massive disappointment.

Avalanches were awesome but cheesy. Anyone know the song mixed into Salt N Pepa - Push It.

Other highlights: Atmosphere, Decoder Ring, Matisyahu, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Brian Wilson, cajun chicken tacos, jose gonzales' cover of massive attack's teardrops,

Lowpoints: The crowd for Scissor Sisters, crowds in general, bogans yelling shit out like 'fuck yeeeeeeeaaaahHHHH Decoder Ringer', the setup fucking up for shadow, underage gronks on pills, getting asked by a billion people how my night has been, the music in the tipi forest.

On the whole the crowd was cool, no lebs and no lads. Was so glad we were staying in a house not the campsite, going back to a warm shower and some cones on the couch while watching the hilltop hoods guest program Rage on the 1st night was a saviour.

Agree with Katie, people that can't handle their drukqs at festivals shit me.

HSC
Soma said:
Other highlights: cajun chicken tacos
Lowpoints: The crowd for Scissor Sisters
haha, agreed and agreed :uhhuh:

the scissor sisters crowd was fucking nuts, and since it was pissing down rain its not like everyone could even fit in the tent .. i seriously think the splendour people should've had another popular-ish act on at that time, not an empty big top between sets, and an overflowing mixup tent.

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
runtlocks said:
Excuse me for asking, but do you hail from Cronulla?
No I've just been to numerous Sydney events i.e. 360, Good Vibrations, Parklife, Field Day, Harbour Life where the atmosphere of the party has been partially ruined due to the antisocial behaviour of lebanese people.

Especially at Field Day you get the the whole steroid scene, with lebs with their shirts off, deliberately intimidating males and rubbing up against females. I have personally had female friends get groped by these people and have also seen them going around starting fights.

Nothing against lebs as a whole but it seems that the ones that go to these events just go to start fights and be sleazy to girls. I like to be able to have fun at a party and not have to watch my back. The whole surfie crowd at Splendour was friendly and made for an overall better vibe to the festival in my opinion.

Oh and breaking my current gf is not leb nor have I ever dated one.

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
breaking how/why do you know so much about bos people you stalker cunt

esquared

HSC
Soma said:
Hahaha Mogwai.

The only people that didn't like Shadow were the skinny jeans wearing/presets loving/chuck taylor/gay hair gronks who jumped on the bandwagon when they read about it in some faggot indie mag. I bet half of you gronks don't have an idea who Paris is.
Or maybe he was just boring and completely uninspired, you clueless fuck.

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
esquared said:
Or maybe he was just boring and completely uninspired, you clueless fuck.
From your past posts I see you think Mos Def was one of the highlights of the festival.

If Mos singing along to Kanye West - Gold Digger is what you consider a highlight then you are obviously not entitled to voice your worthless opinion re: DJ Shadow here.

Seriously if you had ever heard 'Black On Both Sides' or had any idea what 'Blackstar' is you wouldn't be saying that a lazy Mos chanting 'everybody put your hands up in the air', singing other people's songs and only actually MCing about 3 or 4 tracks was a highlight.

And this is coming from a big Mos Def fan, that was one of the worst live performances I have ever seen in my life.

You are obviously a bandwagon gronk who has no idea.

esquared

HSC
Soma said:
From your past posts I see you think Mos Def was one of the highlights of the festival.

If Mos singing along to Kanye West - Gold Digger is what you consider a highlight then you are obviously not entitled to voice your worthless opinion re: DJ Shadow here.

Seriously if you had ever heard 'Black On Both Sides' or had any idea what 'Blackstar' is you wouldn't be saying that a lazy Mos chanting 'everybody put your hands up in the air', singing other people's songs and only actually MCing about 3 or 4 tracks was a highlight.

And this is coming from a big Mos Def fan, that was one of the worst live performances I have ever seen in my life.

You are obviously a bandwagon gronk who has no idea.
You're an idiot, i said that he was good but not great. Which is true. He was disappointing but when he got going he was alright. Got going ie actually doing his songs.

Quit being a smug fuck, i'm not going to lower myself to bragging about being a longtime fan or some bullshit like that, because that's only half relevent. Someone who didnt know any of Shadow's work could've picked it as a mediocre set... I am well familiar, and i still stand by my opinion that despite the impressive setup, all the video screens and mediocre guest singers in the world couldnt cover the fact that Shadow was just plain uninspiring.

I look forward to your reply, which will probably be you blowing more steam up your own arse for being a true fan and not the "bandwagon gronk" that i am.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)