Sportsgirl - yay or nay? (1 Viewer)

SPORTSGIRL; YAY OR NAY?

• Total voters

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
nah...dont like the clothing and its too expensive. I like their trinkets like bags, bracelets and earrings...

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
yeah that's generally what i buy there now, like i bought a purple snakeskin clutch and although it's too small to be practical (won't comfortably fit phone, money, keys, makeup and cigarettes :p) i still love it

Sasky

HSC
Personally, I don't find the clothes v. good - they're trying too hard to cash into the whole 'bohemian' theme - and they're ridiculously overpriced for clothes of mid-low quality.

But yes, the sale-shoes are good, if you're looking for cheap shoes - same for the jewellery.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
some of it is ok, i hate it though cos whenever i buy something there i find it later on the sale rack for significantly less

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
the accessories are great but get over the boho crap... how many girls could really get away wif wearing thou stuff on the st?? so impractical !!

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
it's like any shop - some stuff is good some is overpriced and some is really good. i don't really buy/like their clothes but like everyone else i like their jewellery and (sometimes) shoes.

0Jade0

HSC
You walk into Sportsgirl now and get blinded by all the sparkles. I also don't like how everything is Boho and...yeah... I don't like it.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
sports girl..is a rip off
i have seen things in there..thats are over priced and crap quality
it really pissed me off..
coz i wanted to buy it
a really hot $99 top..that i wouldnt even pay $20 for
but what can ya do...

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
natstar said:
I bought a really nice halter top from Sports girl today reduced from $90 to $20
yeah it was reduced from 90
too expensive to buy stuff full price
but 20 is fair i guess

callisto

has called it a day
HSC
I HATE HATE HATE the shitty boho/hippy look thats filling the shelves at sportsgirl right now. its soooooooo bad they should get rid of it immediatly!

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
they have changed for the worse '-_-

people who wear all that glittery boho stuff don't look normal on the streets. you wouldn't pay big money to wear THOSE things '-_-

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
yeh they're a bit overpriced for what they are.. some of the tops aren't great quality but are cute and pretty reasonable if you get it at a discount. i don't like the stuff that are in store now too. the staff there get 40% discount.

hey grace what's it like working at a clothing store? i'm a bit sick of selling bags but working in a changing room would suck i imagine. although i might have to work at guess.. and i hate their stuff so if i have to sell clothes etc i might as well work somewhere else.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
i hardly ever spend any time at the changerooms, it depends on whether or not an individual needs help down there though, but where i am now, its not like i'm stationed at the changerooms. but my last job they did that.... most won't though. so don't worry about that. i love working with clothes though, i cant recommend it enough - as long as you dont mind being assertive

if you want to work with clothes only work somewhere where you like the stock, it makes the perks that much more excellent (discount!) and also easier for you to sell the clothes cos you're actually genuine when youre encouraging people to buy it

HSC
one of the only things that ever really caught my eye in sportsgirl was about a year ago, they had this white strapless dress with little pastel coloured polka dots on it. it was so hot, but all the ones in the store at the time were too big and they weren't getting any other sizes. i've looked around on ebay, but no luck.

HSC
yulia said:
Sportsgirl sews some sequins on a singlet and suddenly its becomes $100. No thank you, I can do that myself.
That's so true.
I never realised.

Thanks yulia, you saved me $100.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)