• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

SRC Elections 2005 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
withoutaface said:
Right next to the bit where it says "Choice"
Choice can suck on my lemon merangue pie. VOTE #1 quah!

I refuse to be led by a 12 yr old kid that looks more whiney than stas.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
absolution* said:
Choice can suck on my lemon merangue pie. VOTE #1 quah!

I refuse to be led by a 12 yr old kid that looks more whiney than stas.
That'd be Nick Wood.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Pink Form (President:)
C Andrew QUAH 1
D Tom WATSON 2
E Spencer HARDING 3

Blue Form (NUS)
E RESOLVE for NUS 1
J CHOICE 2

Yellow Form (SRC)
FF Conservatorium RESOLVE 1
QQ Choice 2
(you may also preference other RESOLVE tickets above Choice)

Green Form (Honi Soit)
A Aardvark 2
B Word
C Choice 1

At least that's what our How To Votes say. It's up to you how you preference, as long as you preference me high. I don't expect to win - but if I have to lose, I would hope that at least I will be able to say that I speak on the behalf of the students who voted.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Either myself or Tom Watson will be sensible leaders. We have a lot that we disagree about though, but the fact that we can listen to each other says a lot about Tom's ability to lead.

As SRC President, my main goal is to be the first President who can meet with the Greens at 12, Labor at 1, Libs at 2, the Chinese Students Assoc at 3 and AUJS at 4, and feel that despite their differences, I represented each and every one of them to the best of my ability.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
melbournian said:
Thanks for telling me how to NOT vote :) Cheers :)
Fuck you. You're an arrogant ponce whose entire self-worth is measured upon how well you can insult others. I don't really give a crap how many votes you think you command on campus, because nobody with an ounce of self-respect could in good conscience support you.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
melbournian said:
Your kidding right? Someone who claims he wants to destroy the body that represents students? Don't you see the contradiction?
I don't think he wants to destroy the SRC. I think he wants to make it more relevant to the students whom it is supposed to represent. I think his approaches are wrong, but I think his sentiment is completely correct. The SRC HAS become so alienated from students that it no longer represents student interests, and that's why we need somebody who isn't part of the inner circle on the SRC to come and lead it.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
melbournian said:
I think we have a 2nd joke candiadate.

Last time I checked, I'm not on the ballot. I really don't ever want to get into student politics, I know a lot about how much work it is (my brother was Union Vice-President and Student Association President at his university).
Ah melbie you old timer. Don't poke fun. He is very serious about his work. And you know. He is right. About everything! :uhhuh:

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Phanatical said:
Fuck you. You're an arrogant ponce whose entire self-worth is measured upon how well you can insult others. I don't really give a crap how many votes you think you command on campus, because nobody with an ounce of self-respect could in good conscience support you.
There we have it folks. There goes his political career.

I'm going to be true to myself and not vote. I don't trust any of the candidates. I have the Keep Left chick in my class. Geez she goes on and on but then she's really into it so meh. I disagree with some of her policies but at least she's representing Nursing.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
u can vote tomorrow if ya like...and no u don't have to vote.

i saw you today phanatical...talking to some guy who bought ballot papers to fisher...i was lining up voting.

i saw a lovely debate yesterday in my psyc lecture between those dickheads Keep Left and my fave Choice Mr. Tom Watson. It was thoroughly entertaining, provided a great laugh. and ten points to Tom Watson, who actually talks very well!

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
wikiwiki said:
Are you fucking kidding me? The few times I saw him he was far to rash and abrasive with his comments, when he had the opportunity to suck in a lot of the left leaning voters who have been alienated by the stupidity of Keep Left.

Mind you, I am still voting for him.
perhaps he changed his ways.

but on tuesday, watson copped A LOT of shit from some dipshit Keep Left hippy, and he never once said anything personal about the dipshit, whereas the dipshit kept going on about personal things about watson. one of watson's supporters did call out that the dipshit had been arrested for protesting (which i found very ironic), but watson just held his head high and spoke about what he was going to do for the src.

gerhard

HSC
i seriously dont know how you got the impression that tom watson can speak well. he's not very elequent at all. he sounds like a footy player. I saw the clash in that psych lecture and the clash in the phil lecture directly afterwards. tom watson came out on top, but it isnt hard when you just have to stand around and let keep left make a fool of themselves. surely the liberals must have someone else who can better express their ideas.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Phanatical said:
, I am FAR more disadvantaged both at university and in society than say, Rose Jackson, a beautiful white woman who lives in Double Bay and whose mother is the Media Watch host.
I think someone has a crush.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Tom Watson's position on those Womens' and Queer collectives are essentially the same as mine. That we believe that issues relating to female students and queer students would be better served by an officer dealing with Gender Issues as a whole, rather than four separate officers doing essentially the same job. Even purely from an economic standpoint this policy makes sense, but it also works on an ideological level too.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Theres nothing wrong with having a crush on Rose Jackson. I want to touch her boobies.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Phanatical said:
I am so in love with one of the other Womens' Action candidates...
OMG OMG Phanatical has a crush.

Tells us come on. Awww please.

so um what does rose look like? Like her mother?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)