• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

SRC Elections 2005 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Rose really is like a rose. Pretty (not like her ugly mother), but full of thorns.

Last edited:

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Hey she does arts law

--------

BTW Phan your last add from your site is a dead set rip off of the teaser trailer of 'The Rules of Attraction'

ie that music intercut with still images.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Also, I'm told she smells good. I wouldn't know, I don't go near her. What is it they say, look but don't listen?

What's this ad? My last ad on my site is a rip-off of the Choice video, actually.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Phanatical said:
Rose really is like a rose. Pretty (not like her ugly mother), but full of thorns.

What's the guy on the right doing?

Also while we're on the topic, Isobelle is hotter than Rose.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
No way. I'm running for SRC President, but i don't want EVERYTHING Felix has had.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Phanatical said:
No way. I'm running for SRC President, but i don't want EVERYTHING Felix has had.
Come on you know ya wanna.

jellybeenz

HSC
withoutaface said:
Also while we're on the topic, Isobelle is hotter than Rose.
I think Isobelle is rather plain looking, Rose is prettier...

I saw you, Phanatical, today... strumming your violin outside Carslaw... at least I think it was you...

I almost got burned by a Choice representative's cigarette as they thrust a pamphlet towards me, lucky I turned my head just in time... if I were going to vote for them I would have changed my mind after that.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Phanatical said:

How many pictures do you have of her, huh?

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
The odds are it was me, though I've had people doing instrumental or flyering work all day. I've only had a team of six working today, so it's been tough.

I've taken a few, that I've used in my election videos.

And yeah, this presidential candidate agrees that Isobelle isn't as hot as Rose.

Last edited:

Plebeian

:rolleyes: @ Phanatical. Maybe you should scrap this Election musical number and write the Rose suite.

As for Tom Watson, I'd have to agree that he is not very eloquent at all. Refraining from personal attacks doesn't make you a good public speaker; he doesn't win over audiences (even lecture-bashing in Science, which is not a particularly left-aligned faculty) and what he says is not particularly elegant or convincing. Dom Perrotet sometimes minces his words but he's also a lot better at putting doubts into the minds of left-leaning people by twisting their viewpoints - perhaps not admirable, but definitely effective.

And if it's not some secret, withoutaface, who is this Liberal Club woman who decided not to run this year? Is it Monica?
edit: I was meant to ask wikiwiki this, not withoutaface :)

Last edited by a moderator:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Techie said:
Science, which is not a particularly left-aligned
Haha given some of the hisses I got in physics I'm not so sure about that :p
Techie said:
And if it's not some secret, withoutaface, who is this Liberal Club woman who decided not to run this year? Is it Monica?
To my knowledge there is no female candidate that would/should be run ahead of Tom, and Monica hasn't been particularly active in the club of late anyway, but then I could be wrong because I didn't attend many of the meetings earlier in semester because they clashed with my lectures.

Also Tom does a very good job at eco/bus lectures.

Last edited:

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I've only been booed at one lecture during my entire campaign. And admittedly, it was perhaps a fair call since I called Rose and Nick liars (loudly, from the back of the eastern avenue auditorium) during a combined presentation.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
please...this rose chick could turn any straight man gay...but we shouldn't get personal now should we? ahem.

refraining from personal attacks may not make you a good public speaker as you so put it Techie, but i think it gives him bonus points. it gives him points over anyone else. coz he's not lowering himself to their pathetic levels. it makes him a MAN! unlike this silly keep left dipshit on tuesday.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Yeah. We don't see Tom Watson (or me, for that matter) physically and viciously attacking other candidates.

jellybeenz

HSC
Apart from the Keep Left dude, have any of the other candidates made personal attacks this year? I havent heard any but admittedly I'm not involved and havent been going to lectures of late...

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
There were in fact people from both Action and Keep Left involved in this attack. But while Keep Left pretty much endorsed it, many of the Action team (especially those who saw the damn thing) were absolutely shocked. For most of them, this was the first time they had really seen My side of the argument, and a few of the Action candidates have expressed to me that after seeing this attack, my statements, assertions, allegations and suggestions make sense.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I was speaking to the Electoral Officer, Ivan Ah Sam today. He tells me that in Most years, candidates are incredibly well behaved. But in this year's elections, he's receiving FAR more complaints than in a normal election. A LOT of violence been happening - and almost all of it started by people from Keep Left.

My goals for the SRC can be summed up by saying that I will rid the SRC of the politics. Students will still be political, of course. But the SRC itself will prioritise student interests OVER factional politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)